View Poll Results: How many wins do you expect in 2009?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 0.68%

1 0.68%

1 0.68%

5 3.42%

10 6.85%

29 19.86%

30 20.55%

30 20.55%

27 18.49%
  • 10-12

8 5.48%
  • 13-16

4 2.74%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Realistically

Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Re: Realistically

Please forgive me I need some space. Not am I only trying to get rid of thoughts & Pics I have to deal with Someone from Texas! Come on we all know they are not the brightest bulb in the electric factory

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I went with 9. As AV said, too many unknowns at this point
    .And I agree with HornIt that I'll be glad to be patient with the new regime if we seem to be moving in the right direction.

All things considered, I wouldn't say that 9 is totally unrealistic.

Laram0 is also right,imo, that health will still be the key since our poor drafting over the years has left us paper thin everywhere.

Too much to fix in one year for us to be as resilient as teams usually need to be over the long haul of a season but maybe we get lucky for once.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -03-12-2009 at 11:17 PM.

MarshallMarshall Guest

I went with 8, and i believe it is very realistic.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Anything above five is a win in my books. I'm hoping seven, but I voted a little more realistically for six.

Edit: It seems this was a dangerous projection, I received negative rep from a poster below who, for their own interest, won't be named.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -03-13-2009 at 07:04 AM.

rams#1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Please forgive me I need some space. Not am I only trying to get rid of thoughts & Pics I have to deal with Someone from Texas! Come on we all know they are not the brightest bulb in the electric factory
    What does this have to do with the Point of the thread?? nothing.. this is a thread about the expectations on Wins/Loses this year, not a "Post whatever you want thread" Nothing you say ever makes sense. I am trying to help you by telling you this.. I am not trying to be mean, but facts are facts.
    Last edited by rams#1; -03-13-2009 at 04:51 AM.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Okay who went with 2?

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

With the direction the front office has taken since January, the quality of the free agents brought in so far, and my optimism for the next season - I say eight. That way, if something happens and we win fewer, I can say I was hoping for more, but if we win nine or more, I can say I underestimated our new regime!

RamsFan16 Guest

I like how a majority of us have voted 7 - 8 wins PRIOR to the draft. Come draft time, which will hopefully be a success, I have a feeling we'll all feel optimistic and say 8 - 9.

One player, one KEY player is all it's going to take to get the fans cheering again at the Edward Jones Dome. If we pick Aaron Curry, our defense could end up potentially being pretty damn good. And as I said before our offense, looks potentially good already, and that's prior to the draft.

This is probably, one of the best off seasons in Rams history, and I'm glad I could be apart of it. And with the Edward Jones Dome being renovated as we speak, it's going to make it look much nicer on the inside. I can't wait to see it!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    Honestly, i think you have to go into the season expecting to win all 16 games. Anything short of the playoffs is a failure in my book. We have to go into the season expecting this team to be good, and expect to win every game. Anything short of that doesn't do the team or yourself justice.
    I'm with you on this man! I am a fan, and a fan doesn't go into the season saying, "oh if only we can win one more game than last year," WE WANT IT ALL!!!!!!
    Leave the we need to win one game to the Lions, heck even their fans are delusional, thinking they will win it all. I mean how many #1 picks can you have and not make the playoffs. Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs *%#@

By the way, on the poll I selected 10-12, man I'm pumped!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

realistically (sp?) i think 6 wins is about right. More times then not it takes more than one year to turn a ship like this around ( with the exeption of the dolphins) but if spags can get hill, barron, culbertson, ryan and a few other young players to really play up to their potential, then i believe we can get about 8 or 9 wins
    Built RAM tough

DistantRam Guest

We've lost our best OL and our best WR. Our QB is knackered and everyone else is either too young, too old, too injured or useless.

HornIt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    We've lost our best OL and our best WR. Our QB is knackered and everyone else is either too young, too old, too injured or useless.
    Knackered?

Would you mind translating that into English...er...I mean American for me?

I don't think we've lost our best OL and best WR. If this were still 2003, then I'd agree. Not now though.

Speedyroach Guest

I am going to dream big this year 10 wins...play-offs..I can't wait

I just feel something good is brewing

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

9 for me. I think we'll be MUCH improved. Especially w/ Curry.

RamOfDenmark Guest

I think 6 wins is a realistic goal. It's a whole new front office and I'm willing to give them time to work their magic and turn around this Titanic. We cut a couple of important players and we'll be a much younger team overall this year - I don't think I have the right to expect miracles at this point.

But I want to see a much more organized team playing with purpose and fire even when we're not winning. I want to see players not living up to expectations cut/benched - no more waiting for Hill, Klopfenstein, Barron, Incognito, Bell, Leonard and so on and no more talk of those players' "talent" and "potential". They've been here some time and now is the time to show it on the field or get replaced.

I'm impatient about some players who haven't been performing as well as they should. But in relation to the coaches and front office I have a lot of patience right now, they're only just getting started and I'm not going to judge them too harshly if they can't win much with this squad as it has been left in shambles by Linehan/Shawmunt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast