View Poll Results: How many wins do you expect in 2009?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 0.68%

1 0.68%

1 0.68%

5 3.42%

10 6.85%

29 19.86%

30 20.55%

30 20.55%

27 18.49%
  • 10-12

8 5.48%
  • 13-16

4 2.74%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Realistically

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: Realistically

9 wins, we win the west, and fall short of winning the SB.

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    9 wins, we win the west, and fall short of winning the SB.
    Wow theodus......sounds like a similar path taken by your favorite player had this year doesn't it?

What's new man?

Milan is offline Registered User

We're in the early stages of rebuilding mode. I picked four wins.

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

Last year the Rams sucked so bad, if they had little more luck this is what their record would be.
    Week 1: Rams 3 - Eagles 38
    Week 2: Giants 41 - Rams 13
    Week 3: Rams 13 - Seahawks 37
    Week 4: Bills 31 - Rams 14
    Week 5: Off
    Week 6: Rams 19 - Redskins 17 (Win)
    Week 7: Cowboys 14 - Rams 34 (Win)
    Week 8: Rams 16 - Patriots 23 ( 13 - 13 going in to 4th)
    Week 9: Cardinals 34 - Rams 13
    Week10: Rams 3 - Jets 47
    Week11: Rams 16 - 49rs 35
    Week12: Bears 27 - Rams 3 ( We had no chance here)
    Week13: Dolphins 16 - Rams 12 ( if we scored in 3rd we win this game)
    Week14: Rams 10 - Cardinals 34 ( we had no chance)
    Week15: Seahawks 23 - Rams 20 ( we had lead 17-14 going in to 4th.)
    Week16: ***** 17 - Rams 16 ( we had lead 13-3 going in to 4th.)
    Week17: Rams 27 - Falcons 31 ( More luck, we win this game)

As you can see, we could have been 7 - 9 with one of the worst teams ever. This year little more luck and we win 10

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Being overly optimistic, I would love to believe that HC Steve Spagnuolo will bring a new positve attitude and motivation to will this team to win 10 games. It's going to take hard work for sure. I bet Spags remembers when Coughlin came in to coach the New York Giants. The G men were in disarray and coach Coughlin quickly came in and laid down the law. Many of the players stressed objections to the point of revolt, but in the end a basic lesson was learnt about success, Know matter how many players disagree, it takes hard work to be successful in football.
    Coughlin, along with the Spagnuolo defense lead the New York Football Giants over the "undefeated" New England Patriots in Superbowl XLII.
    I betting Spags brings a new attitude to the Rams, challenging this team to strive towards being successful...and a 10 win season. Spags has been through the wars, he will have stories that should inspire his Rams.
    Last edited by dgr828; -03-15-2009 at 12:23 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bosna-Ram View Post
    Last year the Rams sucked so bad, if they had little more luck this is what their record would be.
    Week 1: Rams 3 - Eagles 38
    Week 2: Giants 41 - Rams 13
    Week 3: Rams 13 - Seahawks 37
    Week 4: Bills 31 - Rams 14
    Week 5: Off
    Week 6: Rams 19 - Redskins 17 (Win)
    Week 7: Cowboys 14 - Rams 34 (Win)
    Week 8: Rams 16 - Patriots 23 ( 13 - 13 going in to 4th)
    Week 9: Cardinals 34 - Rams 13
    Week10: Rams 3 - Jets 47
    Week11: Rams 16 - 49rs 35
    Week12: Bears 27 - Rams 3 ( We had no chance here)
    Week13: Dolphins 16 - Rams 12 ( if we scored in 3rd we win this game)
    Week14: Rams 10 - Cardinals 34 ( we had no chance)
    Week15: Seahawks 23 - Rams 20 ( we had lead 17-14 going in to 4th.)
    Week16: ***** 17 - Rams 16 ( we had lead 13-3 going in to 4th.)
    Week17: Rams 27 - Falcons 31 ( More luck, we win this game)

As you can see, we could have been 7 - 9 with one of the worst teams ever. This year little more luck and we win 10
    I like that. But 2 and 14 is just that. You win or you loose, there is
    no almost.

A-Web is offline Registered User

I am going to look at this in a manner that I haven't seen anyone else look at it, and see how my logic fits. Let me know what you think.

For starters my index is as follows (Team - Thoughts on game)

In the season of 2009, we play home games against;

HOME
    Arizona - Can win (I believe Arizona had a good season, but some of it may have been a little bit of luck. They did only go 9-8 in the season, and that means they are beatable. This is a home game, so I feel that we have slightly more than a 50% (65-ish?) shot in it.

San Francisco - Did not perform any better than we have this past season. I believe that the Rams have put their feet further forward this preseason so far, and if I had to put money on any game this season, it is this one. I believe we are at a 75% advantage for this game.

Seattle - Another team in recovery mode. If our offensive line can prevent their defense from beating up our backfield, I think that our defense this season will be able to handle what Seattle has brought every year so far, and although they brought in Housch, I don't think he is a game buster. He didn't make Cincy beat people, so although he will impact, I don't think it will be enough. I give us a 75% shot in this game as well.

Green Bay - This is a team with alot of offensive talent. Their problem is the weak defense that held them back. If we can exploit any weakness available in their defense, we will be able to score some points. The offense of GB however, is pretty strong, and relies alot on passing. I do not know if our new secondary will be up to par by this game, so I think the advantage (at this point) still goes to GB, because I think they will just outscore us. (25% chance of victory)

Minnesota - Moderate defense, powerful running game, questionable QB situation. I think turnovers will play a part in this one, and depending on who has momentum going into it, I feel that team will probably take it. 50%.

New Orleans - All offense, no defense. I don't know what to think here, except, if our defense can create plays and turnovers, this is a game we could take home. New Orleans was another team in that 8-9 wins category, and they have flaws. How good are the Rams going to be this year? We will find out. Since I believe that New Orleans had the highest scoring team of 2008, I think they have at least one perk. (40% chance of victory)

Houston - This is a team that claims to be a contender every year. Well there is a problem with that at this point. Indianapolis and Tennessee are basically going to keep them in check. That doesn't mean that they aren't good, but I don't really think Matt Schaub is the greatest either. Their defense was decent, but isn't anything special. It's a home game, and that will be a factor. (70%)

Indianapolis - Our secondary might be a matchup for teams like Seattle and maybe even Green Bay, but I think that Peyton Manning is going to get ahold of us like a cheese grater. Even if it isn't a massacre, I believe that Manning has the greatest closing ability in the league. Behind or otherwise, if he is in a 4th quarter run, he is nearly unstoppable. 15% chance

We play our away games against;

AWAY
    Arizona - Same as the Home game, but the advantage will go to the home team. (45%)

San Francisco - I've got us at a 75% in the home game, but this is in their house. You have to respect the rivalry, but I still think we will outdo our foe. 65%.

Seattle - Same as the above, I think that we can pretty much sweep our division except for Arizona. I think Arizona is going to do the same to the other two teams this season, and we might be fighting for a Wildcard if possible. 65%

Chicago - This team started a run towards the end of the season that almost carried them to the playoffs. They were stopped by Houston in week 17 to seal their fate. Kyle Orton is a quality QB, but not a Star. Matt Forte rushed for 8 tds and over 1200 yards last season, but only gave three 100 yard performances. Our defense was weak last year, but I think that advantage is weakened this year. I think this is a 50% chance of victory.

Detroit - It's detroit. No matter how bad we played last year, they made us look good. I expect this to go in our favor, they will not have an Atlanta Falcons season. 85% chance of victory.

Washington - How much can money buy? They weren't great last year, (we beat them) but it's a matter of time before we find out what their offseason jump will do. Can we beat them? Well, if we get better than we were last year, and we beat them last year, than I think we can. I think they will be a threat, and it's an away game, so they still get the advantage, but it's achievable. Which team improves more over the offseason, I have a feeling they will win the game. 45% chance of victory.

Jacksonville - 5 and 11 team from last year. They are still figuring out the quarterback situation, and Reggie Williams hasn't resigned with them yet. We'll see, but this seems like a game we might be able to take. 65%

Tennessee - A strong team in '08, their defensive anchor is gone, and the addition of Nate Washington isn't anything scary. I think their offense is too run-orriented (like ours) and this could be something we can stop. I don't know too much about their home field atmosphere, but if I feel a team is even, I usually feel like the home team should get an advantage. 45% chance of victory.

So all in all, I have us at 8 games with advantage, 6 games at a disadvantage and 2 games at a 50/50. If we split those two, than that comes down to 9/7. I'll take 9 and 7 right now hands down. So, I will go ahead and say, I expect 9 wins this season. Based on schedule.

BEER is offline Registered User

Wow. ^ thats all i can say. Man You sure can type. Anyways you just
    about make me think your right. I said six but you may have changed my
    mind to 9..

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    I am going to look at this in a manner that I haven't seen anyone else look at it, and see how my logic fits. Let me know what you think.

For starters my index is as follows (Team - Thoughts on game)

In the season of 2009, we play home games against;

HOME
    Arizona - Can win (I believe Arizona had a good season, but some of it may have been a little bit of luck. They did only go 9-8 in the season, and that means they are beatable. This is a home game, so I feel that we have slightly more than a 50% (65-ish?) shot in it.

San Francisco - Did not perform any better than we have this past season. I believe that the Rams have put their feet further forward this preseason so far, and if I had to put money on any game this season, it is this one. I believe we are at a 75% advantage for this game.

Seattle - Another team in recovery mode. If our offensive line can prevent their defense from beating up our backfield, I think that our defense this season will be able to handle what Seattle has brought every year so far, and although they brought in Housch, I don't think he is a game buster. He didn't make Cincy beat people, so although he will impact, I don't think it will be enough. I give us a 75% shot in this game as well.

Green Bay - This is a team with alot of offensive talent. Their problem is the weak defense that held them back. If we can exploit any weakness available in their defense, we will be able to score some points. The offense of GB however, is pretty strong, and relies alot on passing. I do not know if our new secondary will be up to par by this game, so I think the advantage (at this point) still goes to GB, because I think they will just outscore us. (25% chance of victory)

Minnesota - Moderate defense, powerful running game, questionable QB situation. I think turnovers will play a part in this one, and depending on who has momentum going into it, I feel that team will probably take it. 50%.

New Orleans - All offense, no defense. I don't know what to think here, except, if our defense can create plays and turnovers, this is a game we could take home. New Orleans was another team in that 8-9 wins category, and they have flaws. How good are the Rams going to be this year? We will find out. Since I believe that New Orleans had the highest scoring team of 2008, I think they have at least one perk. (40% chance of victory)

Houston - This is a team that claims to be a contender every year. Well there is a problem with that at this point. Indianapolis and Tennessee are basically going to keep them in check. That doesn't mean that they aren't good, but I don't really think Matt Schaub is the greatest either. Their defense was decent, but isn't anything special. It's a home game, and that will be a factor. (70%)

Indianapolis - Our secondary might be a matchup for teams like Seattle and maybe even Green Bay, but I think that Peyton Manning is going to get ahold of us like a cheese grater. Even if it isn't a massacre, I believe that Manning has the greatest closing ability in the league. Behind or otherwise, if he is in a 4th quarter run, he is nearly unstoppable. 15% chance

We play our away games against;

AWAY
    Arizona - Same as the Home game, but the advantage will go to the home team. (45%)

San Francisco - I've got us at a 75% in the home game, but this is in their house. You have to respect the rivalry, but I still think we will outdo our foe. 65%.

Seattle - Same as the above, I think that we can pretty much sweep our division except for Arizona. I think Arizona is going to do the same to the other two teams this season, and we might be fighting for a Wildcard if possible. 65%

Chicago - This team started a run towards the end of the season that almost carried them to the playoffs. They were stopped by Houston in week 17 to seal their fate. Kyle Orton is a quality QB, but not a Star. Matt Forte rushed for 8 tds and over 1200 yards last season, but only gave three 100 yard performances. Our defense was weak last year, but I think that advantage is weakened this year. I think this is a 50% chance of victory.

Detroit - It's detroit. No matter how bad we played last year, they made us look good. I expect this to go in our favor, they will not have an Atlanta Falcons season. 85% chance of victory.

Washington - How much can money buy? They weren't great last year, (we beat them) but it's a matter of time before we find out what their offseason jump will do. Can we beat them? Well, if we get better than we were last year, and we beat them last year, than I think we can. I think they will be a threat, and it's an away game, so they still get the advantage, but it's achievable. Which team improves more over the offseason, I have a feeling they will win the game. 45% chance of victory.

Jacksonville - 5 and 11 team from last year. They are still figuring out the quarterback situation, and Reggie Williams hasn't resigned with them yet. We'll see, but this seems like a game we might be able to take. 65%

Tennessee - A strong team in '08, their defensive anchor is gone, and the addition of Nate Washington isn't anything scary. I think their offense is too run-orriented (like ours) and this could be something we can stop. I don't know too much about their home field atmosphere, but if I feel a team is even, I usually feel like the home team should get an advantage. 45% chance of victory.

So all in all, I have us at 8 games with advantage, 6 games at a disadvantage and 2 games at a 50/50. If we split those two, than that comes down to 9/7. I'll take 9 and 7 right now hands down. So, I will go ahead and say, I expect 9 wins this season. Based on schedule.
    i think we can win 10-12 weak schedule. all we need is a decent line and a strong secondary. will spags do it? heck yeah, he know the winning combination and I believe we will achieve it to an extent.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

rams#1 Guest

I am going to stick with 10 wins. I just feel it. this is going to be the year of the ram!

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

Isn't it funny how when ever Jackson has good game - Bulger does better with his own. I can see Jackson kicking some butt in near future.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

4. Devaney and Spags have their work cut out for them.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

If we were to graph this poll right here we could conclude that our wins would be generally approx. normally distributed. almost look like the good ole bell curve to me...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    If we were to graph this poll right here we could conclude that our wins would be generally approx. normally distributed. almost look like the good ole bell curve to me...

We wouldn't need regression analysis on this would we?

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    We wouldn't need regression analysis on this would we?

hahahahhahh good ole stats...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast