Thread: reality check

RamWraith is offline Registered User

reality check

There are a few of you that need to back to the beginning and remember a few things. Baby steps my friends. A Super Bowl team we are not.

Take a few moments and read this thread.
    Get your emotions in check

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: reality check

I still agree with you. And I am still happy about today's game. We played toe to toe with a good team. Why not be happy? We could've won and that would've been great, but to go and say that we hung in there with a good opponent is good...

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramwraith View Post
    there are a few of you that need to back to the beginning and remember a few things. Baby steps my friends. A super bowl team we are not.

Take a few moments and read this thread.
    Get your emotions in check
    oh, thank you, great ram father! Baby steps are the answer! A superbowl team we're definitely not! Now i see the light! Emotions back in check!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Absolutely right 'Wraith.

Some of the reaction to this loss in the context of our season to date is just ridiculous.

We go toe to toe with the Pats for four quarters at their place and somehow the sky has fallen in when we finally drop the game by a score?

I don't think so.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Cmon you mean to say with Jax and Carriker in there we still would have lost? also with Little leaving the game that was a shot. If we pulled off some 1st downs in that 4th quarter before they scored, we pull off the win or go into overtime. Not to mention the series' after our INT's. This game was ours, we just didnt stick the knife in deep enough when it counted the most. Pittman isnt gonna scare anyone after sitting out the last few games. He did a decent job but we needed someone that was gonna lift us or keep drives alive in the most crutial time of the game. Definately, if Jax is in there on the final rally, Burton doesnt have three men all over him looking for the pick!!! We have guys making plays, and a heart that is actually beating on this team once again. This loss won't keep them down, and as long as we still have a shot at the playoffs thats what we play for!!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

We went into FoxBourgh and gave a Patriots team everything they could handle. Mind you this is the same team that blew away a very tough Broncos team last week and still have a ton of talent and are coached very well.

In my opinion we played hard and fought hard all the way through. Could things have been different...sure...but they also could have been the same, which should be even more scary!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Having not seen, nor heard much of anything about the game, other than reading the recap, a little on here and seeing the scores run past on the TV, I have to say we did rather well.

Fact 1. Three of our most needed guys were hurt for this game.
    Fact 2. This was in Pats-land, and the Rams suck outside of the dome.
    Fact 3. We didn't get any breaks from the refs.

All this added up to a well fought game in which we led for a good deal of time, Avery continued to show his beasthood, and Pittman did a fine job filling in for one of the best backs in the league? Sure we lost to Brady's backup. So what, we played for four quarters in one of the worst places to play, we had a chance to win the game. We only lost by one score. I consider that a victory considering everything else.

Cards lost too, so we're still only 2 games back, and we have 5 games left in the division!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Having not seen, nor heard much of anything about the game, other than reading the recap, a little on here and seeing the scores run past on the TV, I have to say we did rather well.

Fact 1. Three of our most needed guys were hurt for this game.
    Fact 2. This was in Pats-land, and the Rams suck outside of the dome.
    Fact 3. We didn't get any breaks from the refs.

All this added up to a well fought game in which we led for a good deal of time, Avery continued to show his beasthood, and Pittman did a fine job filling in for one of the best backs in the league? Sure we lost to Brady's backup. So what, we played for four quarters in one of the worst places to play, we had a chance to win the game. We only lost by one score. I consider that a victory considering everything else.

Cards lost too, so we're still only 2 games back, and we have 5 games left in the division!
    I think I might have said this once or twice before....

I LIKE OUR CHANCES!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I LIKE OUR CHANCES!

.....So do I!! Imagine the ferocity we'll show next week against a division rival led by our former QB!

Go Rams!