Thread: Reality Check

lakerams Guest

Reality Check

After seeing how the Rams played this last week, unless something drastic changes, the Rams are not going to the Superbowl this year.

Superbowl teams do not lose to 0-6 teams. the Patriots did not lose to the Dolphins.

that effort was pathetic.

as a Rams fan, I am sad and frustrated. this team has had the most talent the past 4-5 years and have only 1 SB title to show for it. meanwhile, the Patriots and their lying QB have 2 rings ( and they have nobodys for WR & RB's-until this year ).

this is a complete waste of talent. they should be better than 4-3.

if things don't turn around, I'll be looking toward next year, because it's not happening this year. :upset:

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Reality Check

Tx has mentioned this before, but perhaps, instead of a waste of talent, it's a sign that maybe the talent isn't as abundant as what we might think. I think we should have won it in 2001, but - and correct me if I'm wrong - you seem to be implying that this is a team that should have won more than two Super Bowls. I disagree.
    Last edited by Nick; -10-31-2004 at 12:27 AM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I guarantee you that there are fans in Minnesota, Philadelphia, Tennessee, Indianapolis and Green Bay who feel that their teams have had the talent in the last 5 years to win it all, and they don't have a single ring among them.

As for this year's team... let's worry about making the playoffs. Once they get there, you never know what might happen.

That's what makes it fun, after all.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

"....meanwhile, the Patriots and their lying QB....."

What does this mean? The only "lying" Brady I am aware of was the guy who played the dad on the Brady Bunch; but that is not a subject to be discussed on this venue.
    P.S. Don't believe me? Just ask Florence Henderson!!!!

WHAT SAY YE?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

The NFL is all about making adjustments. Hopefully this bye week was spent turning this years team into a serious contender.

lakerams Guest

[QUOTE=RAMarkable]"....meanwhile, the Patriots and their lying QB....."

What does this mean?

I was referring to the playoff game against Oakland when he "fumbled" the ball that was called an incomplete pass. when asked after the game if he was passing on that play, he said "of course I was".

mind you, the ball was down by his hip. he didn't have to lie. all he had to say was that he wasn't passing, but that the rules are the rules and he didn't write them. but to stand there and lie when everyone knows he wasn't throwing the ball when he got hit is unfathomable.

I lost all respect for him that day.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

what in the world is he supposed to say? "oh, I sure did fumble....glad those refs made a huge mistake." He wouldn't get a call the rest of his career.

No offense lakerams, but we as fans have GOT to stop putting these guys on such pedestals. They are athletes, not rocket scientist or cancer curers.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I think Brady's remark was just an off-the-cuff attempt at humor, no different than if one of us had made the same play in a back-yard pick up game. He just happened to make it with a camera rolling. I wouldn't make too much of it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    After seeing how the Rams played this last week, unless something drastic changes, the Rams are not going to the Superbowl this year.

Superbowl teams do not lose to 0-6 teams. the Patriots did not lose to the Dolphins.

that effort was pathetic.

as a Rams fan, I am sad and frustrated. this team has had the most talent the past 4-5 years and have only 1 SB title to show for it. meanwhile, the Patriots and their lying QB have 2 rings ( and they have nobodys for WR & RB's-until this year ).

this is a complete waste of talent. they should be better than 4-3.

if things don't turn around, I'll be looking toward next year, because it's not happening this year. :upset:
    I'll give the Patriots one thing, they spent more money on the defensive side of the ball than the offense. They are pretty much us looking into a backward mirror. When they were winning those Super Bowls they had Ted Washington, Ted Bruschi, and possibly the best corner in Ty Law. That is comparable to our offensive side of the ball. 9 times out of 10, a good defense will beat a good offense.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

"After seeing how the Rams played last week, unless something drastic changes,the Rams are not going to the Superbowl this year". LAST WEEK??? Did you JUST start watching RAM games??? When you say 'something drastic' do you mean like getting a GOOD head coach,a GOOD d.c. and a DEFENSE??? Thats some kinda profound statement there fella.

At WHAT POINT in this season were the Rams EVER a legitimate Super Bowl contender?? Apparently you thought that Seattle game was something other than a complete FLUKE. LMAO. Super Bowl contenders dont make league weaklings like the Cardinals,Bucs,Dolphins,Saints etc look like contenders. The beating the Jets laid on the Fins last night is what LEGIT CONTENDERS do to WEAKLINGS.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Why are you here? I think the CNWHL (Chronic Naysayers Who Hate Life) board is two doors down on the left. Life sucks doesn't it?
    Last edited by ZigZagRam; -11-02-2004 at 06:09 PM.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

I missed the RULE that said BE A CHEERLEADER...AGREE WITH EVERYTHING...OR BE GONE! Grow up and READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!! This team has SERIOUS ISSUES and if you wanna PRETEND they dont exist then YOU certainly DO need that REALITY CHECK. The POLLY ANNA board is on the right sweety.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

I never said you have to agree. I'm just saying that you never have anything positive to bring to this board.

This team has problems? No way! (sarcasm)

But this team also has positives. You don't ever seem to realize that Mr. Gloom-and-Doom. Believe it or not we have won some games this year.