NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Reality Check For All Fans

Other than a couple of brief opinions, I did not post much this past week leading up to the game because I had no desire to be negative after a good two week run. But truth be told, I was nearly 100% certain the Rams would lose this week. This game was the perfect storm going against them: The Lions playing at home, hungry for a win, having played three of four opponents tough. They had the added incentive of knowing we got our only win at their expense last season. I knew we'd be up against it. What I certainly DIDN'T expect was a beatdown. Today's effort was an embarrassment and brought back the nightmares of the past several seasons.

This game certainly served as a reality check to everyone getting WAAAAAY too ahead of ourselves with such pronouncements as "we can win this division" and "the Rams won't overlook the Lions" etc. Today, we learned that two good weeks doesn't erase the ills that still affect this football team. We have a lot of work to do in multiple areas and certainly are not talented enough to play poorly and expect to win. We were horrendous today- from the coaches to the players. And the job will only get tougher as we face the prospect of possibly losing Clayton.

Special team coverage was terrible. Sam showed he's indeed a rookie at times (9 picks on the year- too many). Zero adjustments and zero points in the 2nd half. Amendola had a critical fumble. Only 1 sack as a group. Defensively, we made Shaun Hill look like Johnny Unitas. And isn't it a pre-requisite to have good hands to be a defensive back in the NFL?

A loss is disappointing; an ass-kicking is alarming. A lot of soul-searching must go on this week.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: Reality Check For All Fans

Hey NJ,

I was in the minority here as well. I did not see this as a victory but was really hoping it would not be a blow out. Losing this way, well, it got away from them very quickly due to three plays:

onside kick
    Amendola fumble in red zone
    Return for Td

Of course, overshadowing all of this is the injury to Clayton.

Hopefully, we can regroup quickly.....

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

A huge balloon was burst today. Reality checks don't get bigger than the one today. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

It was a poor performance all around with a couple of exceptions such as Amendola and Jackson.

But I think you have to give huge credit to the Lions. They cleaned up the slop I saw in earlier games, got the ball to their playmakers for whom The Rams had no answer & , most importantly,The Lions completely dominated in the trenches.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

eh, i think the rams are exactly who i thought they were at this point. the lions wanted their first win of the season a lot more than the rams wanted their first win on the road, plain and simple. i've seen us play good football for four games, this was the first real bad game of the season. i don't think that's reason to press the panic button, just yet. we're still at the top of our division, pending whether or not the cardinals beat the saints.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Reality check in place. What the heck were we thinking!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

votzemt is offline Registered User

I have been trolling here a little and noticed that most of the comments are an exact replica of the Lions forums, just change the names. Except for the recent talk of winning the division.

All I can say the win over Seattle was great and I am sure the RAMS will play hard next week (unless there is a bye, which btw the Lions usually lose to the bye).

It was just a flat week for the RAMS and the only question would have for RAMS fans we the onside really necessary? Only cost 3 points but just seems like too much downside if it doesn't work.

Truth is offline Registered User

The effort today was poor, to say the least. However, I really didn't think the Ram's were going to go the rest of the season without a loss. Actually, this loss might tell us more about this team than a win would have. Let's see how the Ram's play in their next game. Was this loss a bump in the road that the team can use to motivate themselves, or will they go back into their shell as they have the past few seasons? I'm hoping for the former.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

supachump is offline Registered User

Good post.

I expected a loss today as well. And I wasn't about to jump on the Win the NFC West band waggon. I'm stunned that so many were so worked up after two wins. We still have years to go before we contend.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

Not a good performance on either side of the ball, I look for the RAMS to clean up the mess and to rebound next week. We lost badly to the "lions", it's done, lets move on.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

A loss is disappointing; an ass-kicking is alarming. A lot of soul-searching must go on this week.
    Funniest thing I've seen on here in a long time, but keep in mind I said at the beginning of the season that our record would be 1-15 (2-14 at best) and I'm sticking to that. I don't see how/why everyone was getting all excited.