Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    moklerman Guest

Reality Check, Please!

That was one helluva comeback yesterday and a great game to watch BUT let's not write the Rams into the Super Bowl just yet shall we?

Plenty of you on this board criticize the people who overreact to a loss, yet all of you seem to be doing the same thing in reverse. It's a big win for the Rams but let's just enjoy it.

The Rams aren't locks for the playoffs. Martz hasn't changed. Bulger still has problems with his decisions. The running game still needs work. The defense didn't start to get any momentum until Alexander was out of the game. Etc., etc.

It was the greatest comeback I've ever seen the Rams complete (playoffs against the Saints in 2000 and Super Bowl XXXVI were also great comebacks but ultimately lost by the defense/special teams not holding up) and I think the Rams should be very thankful for their LUCK. This game might very well be a lightning rod for this season but just like the early losses I'm not going to get too excited about the ball bouncing the Rams' way.

I'm a lot more optimistic than I was earlier in the season but the team still has a lot of work to do. Please remember the Rams were just a lucky bounce away from a 4 interception game by Bulger and a loss. If Manu isn't in the right place, at the right time (in triple/quadruple coverage) and the tipped ball doesn't happen to go right to him....well, you get the idea. Let's all keep our heads on, shall we?

Enjoy the exciting win but let's not take Tampa Bay for granted. We could learn something from New England and Seattle. NE takes every opponent seriously and respects the fact that "any given Sunday" exists. Seattle assumes the win when the game is far from over and gives away an important divisional game when they had it won.

Dr MartinVonNostrand Guest

Re: Reality Check, Please!

why does someone have to "rain" on the ClanRams fun.

Your post was good but was maybe a day or to early. Let the ClanRam enjoy this win. I dont see anyone taking any other team "lightly"

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I have some of the same concerns mokler, one major one being the run defense. Alexander is a heck of a RB, but that was way too many yards in the first half. I also am concerned with Faulk and his pass catching abilities. In two games this year he has dropped passes that were wide open.

However, this win was a huge one. I haven't read where anyone is predicting Super Bowl yet for the Rams, but we are saying that going into Seattle, down by 17 in the fourth, and winning is HUGE. I personally don't want Martz to change. Also, I have no problem with Bulger and his gunslinging approach. If those two change, then I will have a problem with the team.

I was told once by a very insightful person that luck is created by yourself, not handed to you. The Rams being "lucky" as you say to me means that the Rams put themselves into a "lucky" position.

tanus is offline Registered User

my dear god. and you wonder why people tell you that you need to find your happy place.

the pass to manu was a great catch by manu. he was the only one that jumped up. i never saw it get tipped or even know how it could have been tipped. to me, it looked like bulger threw it where either manu would make a great catch or it was going to go out of the end zone. it could have also been intended for bruce, but who really knows. the only thing that matters is that we scored. who gives a crap if it was a forced throw into coverage. in that situation down by 17, you have to take chances. my god, do you expect there to just be somebody wide open in the end zone on every possession?

this is the kind of crap that just pisses me off.

DJRamFan Guest

It was a huge win, no doubt. I try not to be pessimistic about it, but for the most part I didn't think we could or would win. But, nonetheless, we won a huge division game.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Without a doubt, one game at a time. As far as the win against Seattle, it was huge in terms of this teams progression and confidence level. To pull one like that out proves what both the offense and defense are capable of when their backs are against the wall. Every week the team gets better, and that coupled with wins gives me cause for optimism and excitement.

SFCRamFan Guest

:tongue:

True analysis...but...Come on Mok...enjoy this one. Drink the Koolaide and put on the rose colored glasses just for this once. It will help you relax. It was exciting and can be a springboard to bigger and better things...

moklerman Guest

the pass to manu was a great catch by manu. he was the only one that jumped up. i never saw it get tipped or even know how it could have been tipped.
    I can't help it if you missed something during the game. I have it TIVO'd if you'd like a copy of the pass being tipped. Just because you miissed it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Also, throwing a ball into heavy coverage isn't putting the ball where only Manu could catch it. It was a lucky play. It turned out great for the Rams, but it was VERY lucky.

You know what? Today, I'm actually not happy. I knew that there would be all of this ridiculous talk about how great the Rams are and I wouldn't be able to just enjoy the win. But, I thought I was being pessimistic and came to take a look anyway to see if I was wrong. Well, I wasn't.

I've only seen one post that actually tells it like it is. Everyone else here is acting like the Rams are a great team, ready to charge into the playoffs. Talking about winning the next 5 or 6 games. Totally ignoring the fact that the Rams were the lesser team yesterday and were LUCKY to win. There were some good things that happened in that game. Bulger made some good reads toward the end of the game, threw some nice deep balls, etc.

But, jeez people, you're taking the fun out of this exciting win with all of this greatness talk. Anyone else out there living on planet Earth? I'd love to talk about this win with you.

ok, so who was it then that tipped the ball?

can anyone else confirm that this ball was tipped?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

From what I remember, the pass did look like it was tipped, but so what. Luck is part of the game. If it wasn't for luck, the Pats probably wouldn't be where they are today. Remember the "tuck". All of the great teams have had they're share of luck, every single one.

moklerman Guest

can anyone else confirm that this ball was tipped?
    So, now I'm making stuff up? #34 Anthony Simmons gets a hand on the ball before it gets to Manu, and got enough of it to redirect it noticeably. The commentator (Tim Green?) comments on it. You WERE watching the Rams/Seahawks game weren't you?

ok, great, grand, lovely, so the ball was tipped. i didnt notice it getting tipped. probably because i was too busy celebrating instead of TIVO'ing it so i could find something to criticize bulger about in the play. i could really care less if a commentator comments on it since 99% of them dont know their ass from their elbow. the way i see it we are now even with tipped balls because of joe horn's td pass.

im surprised you havent brought up the fact that his td pass to curtis was a half-step behing him. god, bulger is lucky that curtis is able to adjust like that!

moklerman Guest

i could really care less if a commentator comments on it since 99% of them dont know their ass from their elbow.
    So, you were wrong AND not paying attention. But why is that my fault? I think it was a very pivotal play since the game would pretty much have been over if that ball had been intercepted. It was an important play and the Rams...and Bulger, got lucky to have it turn out like it did.

That's not the point of my post nor the crux of my argument but you go ahead and focus on it if you like. I didn't criticize Bulger for anything but you go ahead and get all defensive about him if it makes you feel like more of a Rams fan.

Like I said, I wanted to come on here and talk about the Rams' comeback and what REALLY happened but with posters like yourself, that isn't always possible.

sure, go ahead and stand on your pedestal. i didnt see the ball get tipped from the replay that i saw. nobody else watching the game mentioned it either. again, it could have been that i was too busy celebrating. either way, it doesn't really matter because the rams had to make something happen and they did.

you wanna talk about the comeback yet all you refer to in your post is how lucky we are and how badly we played before the comeback. so lets talk about the comeback.

what i see is a team that never quits and makes big plays when it has to do so. nevermind the 85 yards we held the hawks to in the 2nd half. granted they had some drops but thats still an impressive number.

but let me guess, all you see is a lucky team, right?

RammieGirl Guest

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!! We fricken won.......we're not that naive that we don't realize that this team still needs work on both sides of the ball but this was a HUGE comeback win for us. We didn't roll over and play dead, we fought it out and won it!!! This is so important for the confidence of the whole team and can swing the whole direction for the rest of the season. I'm not declaring that we are SB Champs but this is exactly what our young guys need to experience and the fire and enthusasim that our vets need as well.

Lighten up bud, enjoy the moment, this was a great win for our RAMS!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast