throwback week

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    moklerman Guest

Re: Reality Check, Please!

You're right, luck is part of it and that's what I'm calling it. That's exactly my point. Let's all call it like it is, rather than sugar coating everything and acting like the Rams are better than they actually are. I'm not against them winning in weird ways or whatever, I just hate seeing all of these posts talking about how good they are now when in actuality they got lucky more than anything.

They took advantage of the luck and played good when the chance arose, but it took luck to even get to that point. It was luck that Seattle managed the game poorly with bad personnel and coaching decisions and it was luck that Manu kept the game alive. The Rams capitalized on their luck for once but it's not something I feel really comfortable counting on. Good teams rarely give you a second and third chance to come back like that and I worry that the Rams have continually started off too slowly in games and they won't be able to come back like this when it's a "win or go home situation".

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone
    "I'll sign my share but I'm not going to go out looking or anything." -Marc Bulger

Refresh me I was on a vacation for a few months ... and explain the meaning of the above. No doubt it has positive value coming from the site's existentialist! :redface:

FLO
    This should cover it.

Same old worries for me
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman Guest

Are you trying to see how many weeks in a row you can ridiculously overexaggerate fan excitement about a win?
    Okay, look at it this way: try imagining being a Seahawks fan. Do you think the Rams should have won? Do you think the Rams were the better team that day?

I relate it to Super Bowl XXXVI, I don't feel that New England was the better team that day. They had some calls go their way as well as everything else and they were lucky to win. Anyone strutting around the next day acting like the Patriots BEAT the Rams was just fooling themselves. Yes, they scored more points but they didn't BEAT us.

FYI The rams offense/warner and the refs lost SB36 not the defence.
    I'm sorry, I thought the Rams had come back and tied the game and the offense never got back on the field? The DEFENSE gave up the game winning drive didn't they? It's not their fault the game was lost but they were responsible for giving up the winning field goal.

I was thoroughly enjoying the victory until reading posts like "this team could be as good as the '99 Rams now". You guys are so sensitive it's unbelievable, all I've said is to keep things in perspective and not over-exaggerate how well the team is playing. 19 in a row is something to brag about. Winning the Super Bowl is something to brag about. Winning a playoff game is something to brag about. Barely escaping a game that should have been lost and beating a winless team isn't something to be jumping for joy over. I want all of you to look up the meaning of "perspective" for your homework tonight.

RealRam is online now Registered User

You go, Ramiegirl!

Good grief. It's quite frustrating to see all this non-positive reinforcement!

Yesterday during most of the game I was sad and upset -- disappointed in our performance, especially from our Rams D. By the final minutes, when the crazy comeback began to take form, I was elated. 'It can happen, I thought, conservatively.

Today, I'm still thrilled for that triumph, a most memorable win.

That's what this victory is all about: yesterday's jubilation, not tomorrow's improvements or criticism. We'll get there, i.e., the Rams will readily study film, discuss needs, make adjustments, etc., etc, etc. They'll try their best.

A healthy realization for now is to try our best to focus on the WIN, on the MERIT that made that game such a tremendous standout accomplishment -- and, mind you, not based on "luck".

GO RAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    I want all of you to look up the meaning of "perspective" for your homework tonight.
    Maybe it's me, but I think being able to beat a team that's probably better than you are because you have the heart to not give up and to keep playing until the very end is something to brag about and something to jump for joy about. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way, but I'm as proud as ever about what this team did yesterday. And I don't think that's poor perspective at all.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Looks like somebody's trying to raise their post count! :redface:

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Mokler
    I'm sorry, I thought the Rams had come back and tied the game and the offense never got back on the field? The DEFENSE gave up the game winning drive didn't they? It's not their fault the game was lost but they were responsible for giving up the winning field goal.
    Does the seven points warner gave to Law and the pats have any outcome in your analysis and perspective of the game or was warner untouchable for deserved criticism for possibly taking the leading role in responsibility for that loss. Somehow giving 7 points to the other team and loosing by three should figure in your analysis of the game.

Your homework assignment is new math from a simple perspective. :tongue:

Are you a member of the right religious right too?

"I'll sign my share but I'm not going to go out looking or anything." -Marc Bulger

Mokler
    Yeah, I think it was right before the season started and they were interviewing him in regards to being the undisputed qb of the team now. Low and behold the interview led to Kurt Warner. Bulger said something to the effect of some guys (Warner) having their own table to sign autographs after practice and how he would be handling the situation.

It isn't really a big deal, but when compared to Warner as well as coming out with a statement like he did, it painted Bulger in a really bad light to me. Not that he's a bad guy or any different than most of the guys in the NFL. But taking a bit of a shot at Warner as well as using poor judgement in the statements he made, just rubbed me the wrong way.

It's still one of the more surprising quotes I've heard from an athlete. Usually, they're smart enough not to show how jaded and disinterested they might actually be toward the fans.
    Out of context ever ring a bell?

Do you ever think that some fans remember that the play of MB during 2002 was one of the few positives for our team that season? So MB would get his share ....

Do you really think MB has ever mentioned anything negative about one of the most prolific qb's for three years? Maybe a close friend after MB was starting, ''He (KW) the right religious right is still being a prick to me. The team has ostracized him and I am just trying to learn from one of the best there EVER was and to win games pretty so MOK, Trout and the Yo Dude don't wish me off the face of the earth."

I wish KW wasn't thinking about autographs and tables when he threw that gimme to LAW

Seriously Moklerman, I enjoy most of your posts, as they are energetic, passionate, intelligent and unusually deep for fans! Likewise to the debates that you and Nick participate in! Mindbending and you guys can type!

And you are only 2 hours from my coastal hometown. Mok, you do not know how good you have it!!!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Speaking of perspective, why get so bent out of shape over an extremely small number of "the Rams are a great team now" posts when the vast majority were just revelry and celebration about an awesome win?? Where's the harm? If you can't get excited about great games during the season, what's the point?

fearlessone is offline Registered User

r8rh8rmike Speaking of perspective, why get so bent out of shape over an extremely small number of "the Rams are a great team now" posts when the vast majority were just revelry and celebration about an awesome win?? Where's the harm? If you can't get excited about great games during the season, what's the point?
    Well said.BRILLIANT!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Mok, you, much like John Madden, Chris Berman and Terry Bradshaw, have become a parody of yourself.

In the end, you just don't get it. There is such a small gap between the "best" and "worst" team in the league in terms of talent, that what ultimately matters more than anything else is a teams' ability to come together and find a way to win when it faces adversity.

If your reaction to a Ram team that goes into a hostile stadium, against a team that is on a roll and gunning for the Rams' division title, gets down by 17 points with a quarter to go, and yet finds a way to win the game, is to start a thread that is critical of the performance, you really should not be surprised when people question your loyalty.

As for Marc Bulger... I tried to think of another example of a QB that threw 3 interceptions early and then lead a fourth quarter comeback. The first that came to mind was Terry Bradshaw in Super Bowl XIV - when he won the MVP.

All hail Mok - King of the Naysayers!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Thanks Mok, because of you my gall bladder is flaring up.

talkstoangels61 Guest

Mok, i agree with you about the Rams being some what lucky but, i think that the board should be happy and posting as they are! Maybe just maybe this comeback will be the thing that jump starts our team and will turn them around both offensive and defensively!!!!!! Besides this is the first thread that i've read in a while that 99.9% of our fans have been one sided! Hope this will turn all of us around also!.................Keep it up team and Fans!

Being positive is tremendously better than the negativity!............................................can i get a amen?!?!?!?!?

rampete Guest

gee... i usually like analytical assessments of the team performance but this is more of an expository on why the collective whole should bear the burden of being abnegative and tempering our emotions... i could've gone to church for that... :tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Speaking of perspective, why get so bent out of shape over an extremely small number of "the Rams are a great team now" posts when the vast majority were just revelry and celebration about an awesome win?? Where's the harm? If you can't get excited about great games during the season, what's the point?
    Great post, Mike.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Easy on mokler guys, please. He does make some valid points and believe me, he's a huge Rams fan. This guy is a historian on Rams QB's. So he dissects the rip out of every game, so what? That's what this forum is for, to discuss whatever view you have and let it be known for all to hear. If you really read his first post, he was excited about the win. All he wants for the Rams to do is get better. That's it. In his own style. Just like we all have our own styles.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast