Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Fettmaster
  • 1 Post By RealRam
  • 3 Post By Fettmaster

Thread: This is really sad.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

This is really sad.

I kinda feel bad for Spags. I know he is obviously a part of the reason as to why we're 2-11. It seems like whatever we do, offensively, we just can't do a thing. And now he looks like he knows what his fate is going to be with the Rams. He tried everything, even a challenge on something they must've known wouldn't have worked.

Bradford just looks...bad. I don't know if I really have faith in him anymore. I hate saying it because I really want to see him succeed; it seems like he has so much potential. Nonetheless, he's just not the leader I want to see as our QB. However, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt considering the terrible luck this season was struck with early on. I just want to see some growth...

As for the Jackson TD, is it beyond awful of me to say that Seattle possibly let him have the TD out of respect?

Ouch. I know.
    Last edited by Varg6; -12-13-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: This is really sad.

I think we past sad 5 games ago. Now were just at the point where we need to fold. Spags, Devaney, McDaniels, Loney, Reggie Scott, Jason Brown, Jacob Bell, Brandon Gibson can all leave right now.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

The whole organization is an embarrassment as far as I'm concerned.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

This is really sad.

Terribly pathetic. And on this theme one can easily pick variations:

* We are the punching bag for any team we play against. Rams will make other teams look good / great.

* Everyone in the world and their sister knows we struggle horribly to score, even from 1 yd. out!

* Indeed sad to see our multi-million dollar man almost dysfunctional in Rams offense.

* Injuries, yes ... but be sure to see insult added by our own doing.

* Et cetera X3.

This is really sad ... to say the least.
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-13-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Masked man
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I think we past sad 5 games ago. Now were just at the point where we need to fold. Spags, Devaney, McDaniels, Loney, Reggie Scott, Jason Brown, Jacob Bell, Brandon Gibson can all leave right now.
    Oh, don't forget Smith ...
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

JFMose is offline Registered User

Spags made losing acceptable.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JFMose View Post
    Spags made losing acceptable.
    Losing is OK as long as you're nice.
    THOLTFAN81, Tampa_Ram and Ramone like this.

MelloStang is offline Registered User

The list of good quarterbacks on bad teams is long and distinguished and sadly if they don't get out of the mire they are in that sticks to them and they never develop properly, Jake Plummer comes to mind, he had a bad Cardinals team and had one good year, sound familiar, he never got that funk off of him and even in Denver just had the funk still there, coming out of college he was considered a Joe Montana clone with speed to boot, bad teams can funkify your game play, I hope Bradford doesn't get like that but he was throwing into recievers who were blanketed and some who were in double coverage, he threw on the run extremly inaccurately and he overthrew a few times and underthrew like it was the seahawks game for the division last year all over again, They need to run and push for play action off of it, play to their strengths they have no recievers people fear and keep sticking him in a shot gun it's sad.

Truth is offline Registered User

Whether it's because of a non-existant O-line, injury, or simply lack of reps, Bradford look absolutely horrible. Of course, we've dismissed or shortened the careers of at least 2 outstanding QBs in the past 10 years. One went on to play exceedingly well for another team, while the other is now out of football. Let's not let that happen to Bradford. Forget drafting a WR, with break away speed. What's the point? Bradford doesn't have enough time in the pocket to get the ball 5 yards down the field, let alone 30. If the Rams don't fix that joke of an offensive line, Bradford will go the way of Bulger. Imagine how good SJ could've been behind a line that could block. Fix the line, then worry about the receivers.

Let's face it, this team needs a huge overhaul, physically and mentally. Did anyone else see SJ on the sideline talking to the O-line? It didn't even look like they were listening. Jackson was right in front of them, but they were looking everywhere BUT at him. This team is a mess. We don't need anymore experimental, 1st time Head Coaches. We need someone with experience, vision, and passion. If this team is going to shift gears, they need leadership from the coaching staff and on the field. I know SJ and JL try to provide that. It's just not working. Every year I pray we find a team leader like Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers. They drive their teams. If someone's not carrying their load, the team leader lets them know that they need to shape up or get out. That's the attitude I want to see from our leaders on and off the field. Get the job done, or find another place to play. Granted, I don't want us to become a team of hoodlums and misfits, like the Bengals have been. However, we could use a few guys with attitude on this team. We have the personality of damp toast. Which, incidentally, has the same ability to block on-coming rushers as our O-line.

In my 46 years as a Rams fan, I cannot remember a Ram's team that is more inept or disappointing, from top to bottom. Stan, you need to be proactive here. Don't let this fester like your predecessor did. Fix this once proud organization, or sell it to someone who will. I think that will be my new rally cry, SAVE IT OR SELL IT! ESPN has "C'mon Man!". I think we need a section on this board called "C'mon Stan!"
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

After last night's game and not sleeping well because of it I am a bit concerned with Bradford. I am sick of saying over and over that he's hurt, the O-line is hurt, there's always excuses for him to look below average. His team doesn't seem to play for the guy. Like I said in another post, I want to see some growth and potential. All I've seen from Bradford is performance that makes me second guess him.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    After last night's game and not sleeping well because of it I am a bit concerned with Bradford. I am sick of saying over and over that he's hurt, the O-line is hurt, there's always excuses for him to look below average. His team doesn't seem to play for the guy. Like I said in another post, I want to see some growth and potential. All I've seen from Bradford is performance that makes me second guess him.
    At this time, as mad as you will make Avenger, your point is not without merit. However, he did show us quite a bit last season. So, I think a bit of slack should be allowed to him for his injury and for playing behind what has to be the worst o-line in the NFL. I'll reserve judgement on him for another season.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I just wonder if it wasn't too easy for Bradford before he got to the Pros. Has he ever had to face this much adversity before in his career? He has always played on winning teams before and now that things are falling apart around him he looks a little lost out there. I hope that we can get the ship righted before he turns into another Tony Banks (all talent,no winner).

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Whether it's because of a non-existant O-line, injury, or simply lack of reps, Bradford look absolutely horrible. Of course, we've dismissed or shortened the careers of at least 2 outstanding QBs in the past 10 years. One went on to play exceedingly well for another team, while the other is now out of football. Let's not let that happen to Bradford. Forget drafting a WR, with break away speed. What's the point? Bradford doesn't have enough time in the pocket to get the ball 5 yards down the field, let alone 30. If the Rams don't fix that joke of an offensive line, Bradford will go the way of Bulger. Imagine how good SJ could've been behind a line that could block. Fix the line, then worry about the receivers.

Let's face it, this team needs a huge overhaul, physically and mentally. Did anyone else see SJ on the sideline talking to the O-line? It didn't even look like they were listening. Jackson was right in front of them, but they were looking everywhere BUT at him. This team is a mess. We don't need anymore experimental, 1st time Head Coaches. We need someone with experience, vision, and passion. If this team is going to shift gears, they need leadership from the coaching staff and on the field. I know SJ and JL try to provide that. It's just not working. Every year I pray we find a team leader like Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers. They drive their teams. If someone's not carrying their load, the team leader lets them know that they need to shape up or get out. That's the attitude I want to see from our leaders on and off the field. Get the job done, or find another place to play. Granted, I don't want us to become a team of hoodlums and misfits, like the Bengals have been. However, we could use a few guys with attitude on this team. We have the personality of damp toast. Which, incidentally, has the same ability to block on-coming rushers as our O-line.

In my 46 years as a Rams fan, I cannot remember a Ram's team that is more inept or disappointing, from top to bottom. Stan, you need to be proactive here. Don't let this fester like your predecessor did. Fix this once proud organization, or sell it to someone who will. I think that will be my new rally cry, SAVE IT OR SELL IT! ESPN has "C'mon Man!". I think we need a section on this board called "C'mon Stan!"

What happens to the Rams from here on out is entirely up to its invisible owner, Stan K. I can only hope he has aplan that will be kicked into action soon.