Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Are really trading the number two pick to the redskins

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

Re: Are really trading the number two pick to the redskins

Which isn't what we want.... We want the best player.at their position

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

I was out tonight, and came home to see this. I was in total shock and legitimately couldn't even concentrate on reading anything pertaining to it for a half hour. Amazing. Thank you Les & Jeff...and Washington, your fruit basket is on the way courtesy of Tholtfan81!

AHHH LETS GOOOO!
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Amazing trade really. I was expecting the Redskins 1st this year, their 2 this year and their first next year. Or the Browns two firsts this year and a second rounder at some point. But three firsts and a second? WOW

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

Fantastic news to wake up to. I can’t see Blackmon or Claibourne being there at six, so it sets up the next few weeks of guessing our pick. Bring it on!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by xkidflowx View Post
    We might just get screwed over if Claiborne or blackmon isn't there
    Doesn't really matter, we're set for the future. Just make sure they don't screw it up the same way we did when we traded Eric Dickerson to the Colts.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SWFCRAM View Post
    Fantastic news to wake up to. I canít see Blackmon or Claibourne being there at six, so it sets up the next few weeks of guessing our pick. Bring it on!
    i woke up in a panic thinking i had slept late for the Wales game (only 5 and a half hours early) decided to check out the internet see if anything even remotely interesting had happened in the world and now this..i`ve already woke up my best mate who is a niners fan to tell him the news.. haha
    SWFCRAM likes this.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Wow... I think I just Snishered my pants.

Of course, The Rams could still botch it but you have to like having all that extra draft trade ammo BEFORE free agency even starts. The options are intriguing and myriad.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

While one's first instinct is to roundly praise this trade, I am not convinced this is the best possible scenario for us on several levels. Number one, we dropped down to #6 in the 1st round, which means we will more than likely miss out on Justin Blackmon, the playmaker I am convinced we need to take. And if we pick another "sure fire" ofensive lineman this early, I'm gonna' be more than a little pissed. This is a super-star/playmaker-driven league. We need one.

Secondly, although you cannot scoff at getting additional first round picks the next two years, what if Washingon becomes good? Those picks all of a sudden aren't quite as enticing as we hope they'll be. And then of course comes the part where the Rams need to actually make quality picks- something we've whiffed on for years.

I can only hope the Rams thoroughly considered each possibility, because from where I sit, I would have much rather they dealt with Cleveland for their #2 and #21 overall this season plus whatever else.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    While one's first instinct is to roundly praise this trade, I am not convinced this is the best possible scenario for us on several levels. Number one, we dropped down to #6 in the 1st round, which means we will more than likely miss out on Justin Blackmon, the playmaker I am convinced we need to take. And if we pick another "sure fire" ofensive lineman this early, I'm gonna' be more than a little pissed. This is a super-star/playmaker-driven league. We need one.

Secondly, although you cannot scoff at getting additional first round picks the next two years, what if Washingon becomes good? Those picks all of a sudden aren't quite as enticing as we hope they'll be. And then of course comes the part where the Rams need to actually make quality picks- something we've whiffed on for years.

I can only hope the Rams thoroughly considered each possibility, because from where I sit, I would have much rather they dealt with Cleveland for their #2 and #21 overall this season plus whatever else.
    But if we had traded with Cleveland the same theory still applies - it’s still all about making the right choices when picking. If the Rams are to turn this thing around how we’d like, then sooner or later they’ve got to start making those choices. To me, this trade gives them that opportunity.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

In the deal, the Rams will receive the Redskins' No. 6 overall pick, as well as the Redskins' first-round picks in 2013 and 2014. The Rams will also receive Washington's second-round pick this year in return for the second overall pick.
    Nick and THOLTFAN81 like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

With our new leaders, Fisher and Snead. I have the trust in them as far as making smart drafts picks. I know we haven't faired well with Linehan and Spags but we can't bury Fisher and Snead yet. It's a wait and see approach from me.

Afterall this how we should be rebuilding in my opinion.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

I agree that this is an amazing trade, and a brilliant way to start the day. Lets not get carried away, just because we think we're going to miss out on a top 5 prospect or a blue chip player. There are blue chip players to be found in any round of the draft, how many top 5 prospects actually turn out to be the best at their position?! We sit tight, trust the front office and hope they hit on the picks. There are plenty of nice options at 6, we shouldnt fall in love with one player ie Blackmon, its not the be all and end of if we dont get him.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Also, we now have a bounty of 1st round picks to play with, lets say if we decide to go for Wallace.....or some kind of trade that would improve this team. It is exciting

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We now have picks #6, #33 and #39 .....NICE!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Number one, we dropped down to #6 in the 1st round, which means we will more than likely miss out on Justin Blackmon, the playmaker I am convinced we need to take.
    A distinct possibility. But not a foregone conclusion. I think there's a better chance of the Browns taking Richardson than there is Blackmon. If so, the Bucs will take Claiborne. However, yes, Blackmon may be gone by #6. Fortunately, there will be other playmakers on the board.
    Secondly, although you cannot scoff at getting additional first round picks the next two years, what if Washingon becomes good?
    Again, true. But that's a huge "if". They'll have a rookie QB with no experienced WR target under the age of 32. They might snap out of their funk, but it won't be with high round draft pick any time soon.
    And then of course comes the part where the Rams need to actually make quality picks- something we've whiffed on for years.
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, Fishead has never missed on a Rams draft pick.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast