Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Are really trading the number two pick to the redskins

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Are really trading the number two pick to the redskins

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    According to Adam Schefter in the ESPN article breaking this story, "Cleveland stepped up its efforts in recent days and would have offered at least 3 #1 picks and possibly even a 2nd". There it is. If this is true, why is the Washington deal better?

Hey, I'm not mad at what we did. I'm just looking at the reasoning behind moving out of "Blackmon range" when we could have gone to #4 in a deal with Cleveland that could have been just as beneficial to us.

And RAMFANRAIDERHATER raises a good point also: maybe we're not done!!
    Perhaps Les is carrying some grudge against Cleveland for getting fleeced in that Julio Jones trade and didn't want to help the Browns out anymore.

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

Gang, there is VERY little to dislike or frown about when it comes to this trade. In fact, I will go a step further and call this a franchise defining trade. When this team turns the corner, which well may occur sooner than any of us realize, this will be the move I think we will look back on as the one that ushered it in.

Being completely realistic here: St. Louis wasn't taking Griffin at 2. They needed to do everything in their power to put Bradford in a position to win for the future. If multiple firsts in the following two drafts after this year, and a high additional second this year doesn't, I don't know what else will, especially if the Redskins struggle next year again, which is very probable with that roster. To get two firsts and a high second as payment for moving down four spots is a steal of monumental fashion. I suspect highly that there's also a very good chance Blackmon is still there at six, which would make this an even bigger win for the Rams. If not, I still buy into Claiborne or Reiff as legit talents.

This is a win all across the board and I couldn't be happier.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Wow losing in the NFL is great! Had we had a mediocre season Spags would be here. we lose we win! Fisher all these picks unbelievable!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

Regarding being out of Blackmon range:

I am at this point nearly 100 percent sure Minnesota is taking Kalil.. Cleveland is a possibility, however for some reason I can't shake the picture that they will take Richardson of Alabama and the Bucs need Claiborne a hell of a lot more than they do Blackmon.

My opinion is, this move by FAR didn't take them out of the Blackmon sweeps like a trade with Miami would have.

If somehow Blackmon gets selected, there's also Michael Floyd as a possibility...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

The battle has only just begun: we have picks but we cannot afford to screw them up. This trade could be considered one of the greatest of all time. I have confidence that we will get the right guys but I'm still gun shy from all the past failed drafts to automatically assume things...

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

I've believed all along that Blackmon isn't an overall #2 pick, and I'm not sure that many teams believe he's even worth the #6 pick. This trade is exactly the trade we needed, it couldn't have come at a better time. RG3 has done us a great favor by performing so well and being an overall class act.

The next few years will be exciting for every Rams fan as we watch the development of great players into a great team. We will find our playmaker at WR when it's all said and done, and we will also learn how to play defense like we did in the 70's with guys like Olson, Youngblood, Reynolds and Brooks. Unlike those teams in the 70's and 80's however, we'll also have a franchise QB who will be consistent for 10 years or more.

The person I do feel bad for is SJax, who has been nothing but a pro during his career, and he probably won't be around long enough to collect SB rings. But who knows? Perhaps it could happen sooner than we all could predict.

Anyways, lets have fun predicting who else we could get at #6 if JB is gone...I like the idea of a SJax/Trent Richardson one-two punch.

detrigg is offline Registered User

I love this trade!
    I am big on Blackmon and would love to see him get to us, but doubt it will happen @ 6. I think what we are hopin for there is Claiborne, and if he is gone we should look at movin down even a little bit farther for a play Keiff, Floyd etc.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

As much as I don't like the Redskins getting RG3, I am happy with what we got from the trade. As far as the 6th pick goes, we may possibly still get Blackmon if Tampa Bay doesn't pick him. I see Minnesota taking Kalil and Cleveland taking Claiborne.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I can't fault you for your reasoning. It's hard to argue with acquiring two first rounders in successive seasons. But I'm just saying I think there could have been a better scenario. Hear me out:

Before the deal, we had the Nos. 2 and 33 selections. After the deal with Washington, we have the #6, 33 and 39 selections. Fine- we gain an additional pick but in the process probably cost us any chance of getting Blackmon, WHO I AM CONVINCED is the playmaker we need to help our atrocious offense. Had we dealt with Cleveland, we could have conceivably gotten the # 4, the #22 in exchange for the no. 2 pick plus our own #33 selection . At 4, Blackmon is still there, and who knows what else we could have obtained from Cleveland- either this year or in the coming years? How would this not have been better?

I want to win now. Not interested in any more 3 to 5 year plans. We all know how the last two turned out. The scenario I gave above would have been better, in my opinion, If we can still get Blackmon at 6, I'll be ecstatic. But if we select Joe Schmo, highly touted lineman out of Podunk State, I'm gonna' be beyond pissed. WE NEED A GAME BREAKER!!!

The win now left the building with Spags... we gave him three years now we have to step back and at least think three year plan and beyond. Hear me out, I don't want to just win now and by now meaning 9-7. I want to build a team that can make a deep run to win it all. That being said I agree with you the we need a Playmaker. That player can be found in FA or later in the draft and possibly at the 6th pick this year.

By passing on the Browns second first round pick at #22 and taking two first round picks over the next two years we could have two top ten picks, heck we could have two top five picks! We could find two playmakers instead of just one in Blackmon with those picks.

Lets not forget #39 is a very high draft pick we surely
    can get a playmaker with that pick.
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-12-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    live4ramin likes this.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I can only say one thing about this.

Hell yeah! =)

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    Perhaps Les is carrying some grudge against Cleveland for getting fleeced in that Julio Jones trade and didn't want to help the Browns out anymore.
    Not likely considering the fact that is was not Snead but Dimitroff that pulled the trigger on that trade.....

live4ramin is offline Registered User

The more pics the better. Get even more. It's about player developement, coaching and depth.

We've had underdeveloped players leave to become integral parts of winning franchises. Maybe this regime gets it. We need to build. It takes time and bodies and a unified system.

The playmakers will come from the upper middle rounds and a nugget FA or two.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -03-11-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: comma
    That's the sound of hype and self promotion. Get ready.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Who is to say with better coaching ALONE we won't be better next year. We certainly should be improved over TWO STINKING VICTORIES.......Then, you add to it this trade. We are on our way regardless of how you want to look at it. We just need to DRAFT BETTER PLAYERS!!!!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

modniner is offline Registered User

This gives you guys so much ammo. I dont think Blackmon makes it past Cleveland, if he does he's all yours. If not then so be it, this draft is stacked with talented receivers IMO. Excuse my ram ignorance, I only watched 2 ram games all year and you guys were so injury ridden I couldnt keep up. With that said, correct me if i'm wrong, but you guys need help at O-Line, CB, Safety, DT and WR (maybe Bannan is good idk). There is no need to worry about missing Blackmon... every year there is some new badass receiver coming out (ie Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Calvin Johnson, etc) and considering you traded with the Redskins, you will have plenty of opportunities to get the next guy. Its time for the rams to surround Bradford with talent, BPA is the way to go.

I personally would avoid O-line... the 49 ers have dabbled in it for 6 years and all its led to is frustration. Staley (1st), Iupati (1st), Baas (2nd), Rachal (2nd), Davis (1st).

Baas ended up signing with the Giants where he continued his mediocrity, Rachal has been replaced by Snyder (3rd round pick). Staley is good but not 1st round quality, Iupati is a monster and seems to by our only hit. Davis has shown flashes but is not consistent. I guess my message is to not focus on O-line in the 1st, you can find talent in the later rounds, guys like harvey dahl. What would excite me is that now you can trade down to get a guy like Floyd and acquire even more picks. Or go ahead and pick Dre Kirkpatrick. Who ever it was that was complaining needs to cool it... this is a really good thing.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Move down four slots gain two first rounders and a second. Any NFL team takes this trade any day of the week. The draft is a crapshoot, no prospect is a sure thing regardless of the hype. Now let's go make some smart picks!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    Defence Wins Championships

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast