Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: Rebuilding the Offensive line

There are so many positions that need to be fixed on this team that we could almost pick a spot at random and it would be a need. I think its group consensus that we take a LT in the first round. In the second round i like the BPA approach, and if Alex Mack, centre out of California, is available (i know its a long shot, but i can dream can't i?) i think you have to jump on it, that would secure us a dominate O-line for the next 10+ years.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Center isn't a pressing need? I would have to argue here.

Certainly, we have five major needs. OT, C, FB, SS, MLB. That's not in any order what so ever.

I wouldn't mind getting an OT in round one and a C in round two. However, we need to fix the MLB position too.

It depends on who the best player available is on the second round. If it happens to be a MLB, SS or C, take the best one.

I'm trying to figure out where I said Center wasn't a pressing need. I simply meant we have a lot to fix elsewhere, also.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I have a hard time imagining that we'd take 2 'Bama players with our first 2 picks. I also believe we'll address the MLB spot with an early pick rounds 2-3. My hope is Scott McKillop who played for Wannstedt and he knows how to prepare his players for the NFL. Look at Darelle Revis with the Jets.

My belief is that we'll address the center spot either via FA or Cognito/Setterstrom returning. This is a deep draft for OL and we'll hopefully be able to move around and add picks in the process.

Go Rams!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mde8352gorams View Post
    My belief is that we'll address the center spot either via FA or Cognito/Setterstrom returning. This is a deep draft for OL and we'll hopefully be able to move around and add picks in the process.

Go Rams!

MDE, you don't think Romberg returns to claim his spot at center? I hope he does.

As far as I'm concerned, the Rams have 'accepted' his effort and his play to earn his starting rights, right smack in the middle of the OL -- which, BTW, I've been pointing as a bonus, would spare a body to either LG or RG.

I think Bret will continue to improve too in parallel with the rest of the men in the OL trenches.

I do agree, however, that this coming draft and FA will allow the Rams to ... "choose wisely" and that we should benefit to improve a couple of notches in this area. // Still wondering about the OL Coach.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    MDE, you don't think Romberg returns to claim his spot at center? I hope he does.

As far as I'm concerned, the Rams have 'accepted' his effort and his play to earn his starting rights, right smack in the middle of the OL -- which, BTW, I've been pointing as a bonus, would spare a body to either LG or RG.

I think Bret will continue to improve too in parallel with the rest of the men in the OL trenches.

I do agree, however, that this coming draft and FA will allow the Rams to ... "choose wisely" and that we should benefit to improve a couple of notches in this area. // Still wondering about the OL Coach.
    I keep seeing it over and over again. Get rid of Romberg, yet there is no reasoning behind it. He is playing good football ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12