Country is offline Registered User

Rebuilding is a Process

I have seen a lot of people on the message board that have been very angry, myself included. Now players are venting their frustration with Bulger and Jackson calling out the teams and the fans.

Everyone needs to remember the shambles that Martz left the team in. Rebuilding is a process, it takes time to do it right. This team has gone through one bad year under the new coaching staff, but with a strong offseason this year the team can get better. Then they improve again and again.

The fouondation is there for a good team. We have a godd QB a great RB and an OL that has potential.

I would like to see the team take a slight rebuilding attitude, not the give up attitude of the **ers. I would like to see a youth movement occur and also a removal of some big useless contracts.

With some patients, some free agent dollars and a strong draft the Rams will be back.
    Last edited by Country; -12-14-2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: added material

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Rebuilding is a Process

Now players are venting their frustration with Bulger and Jackson calling out the teams and the fans.
    Can u post something on this I have not read this yet?

Krames41 is offline Registered User

Country I totally agree with you on the rebuilding process. I think Linehan showed a lot of smarts in the draft, signing Hasslet, giving up play calling duties, and using a more conservative offense. I think he has done a good job of putting the Rams in a position to win in most of the games. With that said I also think he has made a lot of rookie mistakes like taking points of the board, the team has made a lot of penalties, and they obviously weren't prepared for Carolina or Arizona. But, I think that was because he is a rookie head coach. He has shown that he picks up on things quick. I hope he continues to draft as strong as he did this year (Hill, Klopfenstein, Setterstrom, Adeyanju, and Wroten have all contributed). Drafting is the most important thing a franchise can do. If they draft well, and run a good system the team is sucessful. The Rams have a good young talent. I would like to see them sign or draft a big linebacker, defensive tackle and maybe another defensive end because I don't think Adeyanju is much of a help when you consider our poor run defense, but I do think he is a more than quality backup or situational player. I would also like to see them add more on the offensive line that way Timmerman and McCollum can be back ups and replacements if Barron and Ingonitio don't get their acts together (Stussie would be free to back up Barron). I think Incognito could be a great player if he would stop fighting people. He is made to play gaurd. I am eager to see this years drafts, free agents, and who we put where as far as offensive line. I would also like to see them resign Hasslet because he has proven he is a quality defensive coordinator (he just doesn't have players right now). I think next year and the year after we will continue to get better and make the playoffs. We obviously have the pieces in place as far as position players. We just need to improve our run defense.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Screw rebuilding. The guys get paid every year - they need to play hard every year. The ticket to the game isn't reduced in the "rebuilding" years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Screw rebuilding. The guys get paid every year - they need to play hard every year. The ticket to the game isn't reduced in the "rebuilding" years.
    HA! HA! HA! Funny but true! Look at the Whiners they aren't thinking rebuild, they actually think they can win the division and more. I admire that type of effort. I'm with you and I like your take, "they need to play hard" and stop the shanaganism. Linehan has to deliver and deliver immediately. This is a good team minus the defense. Next year is a year to kick der butts off the team that don't wanna give 101%. And kick the defensive munchkins off the team and get some big Urlacker type line backers. That freakin Barron needs to get his brain into focus and lay off that weed. 2007 will be special!!!
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -12-15-2006 at 01:03 PM. Reason: messed up coaches name
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Krames41 View Post
    Country I totally agree with you on the rebuilding process. I think Linehan showed a lot of smarts in the draft, signing Hasslet, giving up play calling duties, and using a more conservative offense. I think he has done a good job of putting the Rams in a position to win in most of the games. With that said I also think he has made a lot of rookie mistakes like taking points of the board, the team has made a lot of penalties, and they obviously weren't prepared for Carolina or Arizona. But, I think that was because he is a rookie head coach. He has shown that he picks up on things quick. I hope he continues to draft as strong as he did this year (Hill, Klopfenstein, Setterstrom, Adeyanju, and Wroten have all contributed). Drafting is the most important thing a franchise can do. If they draft well, and run a good system the team is sucessful. The Rams have a good young talent. I would like to see them sign or draft a big linebacker, defensive tackle and maybe another defensive end because I don't think Adeyanju is much of a help when you consider our poor run defense, but I do think he is a more than quality backup or situational player. I would also like to see them add more on the offensive line that way Timmerman and McCollum can be back ups and replacements if Barron and Ingonitio don't get their acts together (Stussie would be free to back up Barron). I think Incognito could be a great player if he would stop fighting people. He is made to play gaurd. I am eager to see this years drafts, free agents, and who we put where as far as offensive line. I would also like to see them resign Hasslet because he has proven he is a quality defensive coordinator (he just doesn't have players right now). I think next year and the year after we will continue to get better and make the playoffs. We obviously have the pieces in place as far as position players. We just need to improve our run defense.
    Thats nice that you have a bunch of microscopic Linehan's swimming around in your stomach. Hill is about the only real good draft pick we have so far. Klop to me looks slower than O-Linemen, runs poor routes (see end zone route where Bulger almost got picked, horrible fake outside), and can't block. Setterstrom has a ways to go but looks promising. Adeyanju same deal. Wroten? Who is that? When was the last time Haslett proved he was a quality defensive coordinator? Years ago? To me it looks like the NFL has passed him by. Linehan puts us in position to win games? I guess you mean winning 1 out of our last 8 games and that one was won on a last drive touchdown that was only possible because the other coach went for a FG on 4th and an asian man's *****. If anything, this "coach" has shown me he knows how to let the other team blow us out or keep the other team in the game.

That being said. I sure hope Linehan pulls his head out and turns this team around next year. I would love nothing more than to eat Linehan crow, but right now that doesn't seem too probable.