Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The reciever play is the symptom, not the desease.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

The reciever play is the symptom, not the desease.

If we don't get Bradford more time to FIND the recievers he's gonna wind up like Bulger. After three or four take-downs Sam was obligingly falling down at the first sign of pressure. And it was pressure from a newly assembled, unseasoned Eagles line at that.

We've seen that vacant stare on Sam's face before. He needs help.

He needs better line help and fast.

P.S. Off the top of your head, can you name the offensive line coach?

Let the hype begin.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: The reciever play is the symptom, not the desease.

I lot of it has to do timing and execution. You're right, Bradford is starting to look alot like Bulger back there. Bulger too had the excuse, 'Well, it's the line that's the problem'. It's the Quarterback that makes the line, not the other way around. Bulger couldn't figure that fact out, Bradford better learn to find a way to deal with such issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

richtree is offline Registered User

Bradford needs to realize that if he stands in there are fires the ball for 20+ yards they can't rush all the time, from everywhere....

The first game he didn't show a change in his aggressiveness down the field, especially without Sjax on the field.

I'll chalk that up to Eagles defense being great., but this week the NYG with a banged up defense and horrible secondary Bradford better complete MULTIPLE passes down the field.

We are a better team than the Giants and I expect to put up 25 or more points and let our defense do the rest....

The Giants game, on Monday night, should be Sam Bradfords coming out party.

I expect:

B.Gibson 80+ yards
    Sims-Walker 60 + yards
    Kendricks +60 yards

and 100+ to Rbs, and the rest of the WR/TE's --

Bradford should have 300 yds and 2 or 3 TD's in the passing game -- more importantly 3 passing plays of 25 yards or more...

We have an extra day of practice and Kendricks should be hungry coming off a game with a few drops....

It's about time for Bradford to show something

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Yea I think it is obvious that this one game has proven his Offensive Rookie of the Year performance last year was a fluke.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

We are a better team than the Giants and I expect to put up 25 or more points and let our defense do the rest....
    That's a pretty strong statement .. How is it you see us as a better team than the NYG? Just curious as to your reasoning on this ..

Bradford needs to realize that if he stands in there are fires the ball for 20+ yards they can't rush all the time, from everywhere....

The first game he didn't show a change in his aggressiveness down the field, especially without Sjax on the field.

I'll chalk that up to Eagles defense being great., but this week the NYG with a banged up defense and horrible secondary Bradford better complete MULTIPLE passes down the field.

The Giants game, on Monday night, should be Sam Bradfords coming out party.

I expect:

B.Gibson 80+ yards
    Sims-Walker 60 + yards
    Kendricks +60 yards

and 100+ to Rbs, and the rest of the WR/TE's --

Bradford should have 300 yds and 2 or 3 TD's in the passing game -- more importantly 3 passing plays of 25 yards or more...

We have an extra day of practice and Kendricks should be hungry coming off a game with a few drops....

Most definitely, Bradford needs a good showing. Each game is a new journey for him.
    He goes out on the road this time, playing in his first MNF.
    Bradford in many ways, is like Eli of the Giants. Their game being compared or measured up against Peyton. As a QB, Peyton's mastery of his position, combined with his outstanding ability to make others around him seem great puts him in an elite status thats way ahead of Eli and that Sam Bradford hasn't begun to scratch the surface.

Sure, alot of people let Sam down this past Sunday with numerous dropped passes, failed blocking assignments and with his star RB missing most of the action, along with Sams own less than mediocre play, maybe this is the wake up call that's desparately needed, to show where the team is as a whole. The preseason bubble has been burst, this Rams team has felt its effect, the good thing is it's early in the season, the whole world is now watching, as the Rams are now playing more in front of a national audience, the pressure to put on a good show will be much more demanding.

Sam Bradford and the Rams can use last Sundays loss as motivation. They went through a difficult situation and it only get harder. Together as a team they'll rise up, out of the pit that has had a hold on this team for too long now. Its gonna take alot of love. I love my Rams, Lets do this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

It was one game against a very good pass rushing D line. Its fine to be concerned, but way to early to condemn.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    I lot of it has to do timing and execution. You're right, Bradford is starting to look alot like Bulger back there. Bulger too had the excuse, 'Well, it's the line that's the problem'. It's the Quarterback that makes the line, not the other way around. Bulger couldn't figure that fact out, Bradford better learn to find a way to deal with such issues.
    I wouldnt be comparing Bradford and Bulger in the same sentence, sometimes you just have to give credit to the Eagles defence. It was always going to be a difficult day through the air. The talent the Eagles have back there is superb, the Rams have one of the worst sets of WR's in the NFL, you do the math. ? I didnt like his overthrow to Amendola, he seems to me to be trying too hard, to put the ball in a place, where only our guy can make the play. This to me is one of the reason's why Sam is struggling at times, and likes to go with the open man underneath too much. He doesnt have much confidence in the WR's on jump balls or to use their bodies to shield the defender on the deeper patterns. In other words these WR's need to step it up this week, which they will have to do without Danny Amendola. I preferably would like a bigger, faster WR than Amendola anyway, but not at this point? It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out, and will the Rams need to go out and take a chance on someone like T.O.? Im hoping DX is dressed this week and Quinn maybe as well.??
    Remember the passing game will not be going against Phillys DB's every week, they have had only 5 to 6 weeks to run McD's system, do us a favour. The Rams should be a bit better this week, although there may be less running room this week, and no SJ39. The passing game is going to have to click more than last week on third down, truly awful.?
    GO RAMS-

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Is it just me, or do Rams fans turn on their quarterbacks too easily? Last year it was all "Bradford is great" now he has a rough pre-season and one rough game...and lets all not forget that most quarterbacks have a rougher second year than first year...and fans are freaking out.

Lets cut the kid a little slack before I start hearing chants for Andrew Luck at games.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    I wouldnt be comparing Bradford and Bulger in the same sentence, sometimes you just have to give credit to the Eagles defence.
    This is what I feel a few select people struggle with. The idea that the other team is never better, or that if our players were worth two shakes they'd step up and win, never mind that the other team is full of NFL quality players and every game has to have a winner and a loser. Our losses are always due to the fact our players just don't play well. Some people are just never satisfied. I'll bet those same people would find problems with Tom Brady's game he just had against the Dolphins if he were playing for the Rams.

richtree is offline Registered User

I don't think many people here are mad at the loss alone, but it is the way we lost. I am more worried about the getting ready for the second half of the season, but we have to win some games along the way.

If we lost the game and the team played well, that's one thing. Our defense didn't tackle well, and pressure was limited. Our offense protection was ehhh....and our QB play was bad....

Overall, we can chalk some up to the Eagles being good. Have rookies over-hyped for there first game. And lastly, dealing with injuries.

OFFENSIVE ROY OR NOT -- I DON'T WANT TO SEE US LOSE GAMES AND NOT BE READY OFFENSIVELY FOR A WEEK 16 OR 17 GAME THAT CAN DETERMINE THE DIVISION.

So far the offensive has not shown any improvement from last year, except for Jackson's play.

Game 2 awaits

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Well, I think some of the lack of offensive improvement is simple. If you have a crappy car with transmission problems, break problems and bad tires and you replace the Engine, you still have transmission problems, break problems and bad tires. We replaced our engine (Bradford instead of Bulger) and arguably the oil (McDaniels instead of Shurmur) but our transmission (offensive line) remains suspect, our tires are all flat (receivers) and honestly I'm not really sure on the break analogy, but you get the idea.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Look, what happened to Bradford against the Eagles was the result of a number of factors. Ineffective receivers, inadequate protection, a very good Eagles front, and some poor decisions by Bradford himself. That said, it's certainly not the end of the world and there is plenty of time to get it right. Like George Patton said, "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom". Let's wait and see how high the Rams and Bradford bounce before we get too excited.
    mikhal5569 likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Steve Loney..............if anyone's interested.
    Let the hype begin.

Rams run game seems to be a bright spot, even with Steven Jackson out of the line up. In order for the the receiver play to be the symptom, a number of guys need to step up to the plate. Who are our receivers? We all know who are QB is, the spot light is constantly on him, but our receivers need to step forward and be there for Bradford.
    The dropped passes are a disturbing trend that still lingers from last game of last year. Kendrick's a rookie, but come on, he's put in that starting spot for a reason, we just can afford to have such failing.
    Mike Sims-Walker is still learning the Rams offensive playbook, he will have to get more involved.
    Bradford's right hand, Danny Amendola is gone, but the rest of the league had caught on to the duals often used act with short to midrange offensive patterns.
    DX and Gibby, two WRs that Sam is more familiar with, need to develope more of a rapport and get on the same page with their QB, along with sharpening their techniques, that will make them come to the realization, that they can go up against any defensive secondary without fear.

The Rams receiving corp can look to the run game for inspiration, despite having the #1 back go down early, Cadillac and Norwood, entering in a completely new offense, came in and did an outstanding veterans job under all the other circumstances.

I'm learning not to quickly get down on the Rams play, trying to instead think of ways to rectify the problem areas.
    Bacially, The receivers are the extention to the Quarterback, right now the Rams are like a bird with clipped wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast