Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The reciever play is the symptom, not the desease.

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

Re: The reciever play is the symptom, not the desease.

Oh good lord, Bradford better do this, Bradford better do that, Bradford looks like Bulger, Bradfrod, Bradford, Bradford. The ones who need to grow up are on this forum. One game versus a play off caliber team, WHICH WE ARE NOT, and some of you people are already threatening our QB and pissing and moaning in your beer. What are you going to do when we come out of the this 8 game stretch 1 and 7, or 0 and 8? We KNEW our starting schedule was a nightmare, what you expected the Eagles to roll over and die for us? You gonna expect all the other high caliber teams we face to also turn into carpets?

Bradford did as well as he could based on what was happening, the injuries we had, and getting swarmed by a better team. Grow up people, or at least learn not to post until you cool down and sober up.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rampingitup View Post
    Oh good lord, Bradford better do this, Bradford better do that, Bradford looks like Bulger, Bradfrod, Bradford, Bradford. The ones who need to grow up are on this forum. One game versus a play off caliber team, WHICH WE ARE NOT, and some of you people are already threatening our QB and pissing and moaning in your beer. What are you going to do when we come out of the this 8 game stretch 1 and 7, or 0 and 8? We KNEW our starting schedule was a nightmare, what you expected the Eagles to roll over and die for us? You gonna expect all the other high caliber teams we face to also turn into carpets?

Bradford did as well as he could based on what was happening, the injuries we had, and getting swarmed by a better team. Grow up people, or at least learn not to post until you cool down and sober up.
    As Rams fans, we've all gone through to 0-7, 0-8's, even the 1-15's, the 2011 Rams schedule is what it is, it does have to be a 'nightmare', we do have talent on this team (despite the injuries), and as Rams fans we should believe our team has as much chance to go up against any team in the NFL. Rams fans express their concerns, about their team, when they know they could've played a better game. The Rams need to play damn near perfect football in order to compete with the competition on their schedule, everything needs to be clicking or at least try to get into that habit.
    The Rams had too many breakdowns against the Eagles which lead to their demise. Rams fans know this story all too well, as if a Broken record. Rams fans don't need to 'Grow up', we've grown into the fact of losing football for too long know. Maybe we piss in our beer because we know we were only one SaeHawk game away from being a 'Playoff Caliber' team.
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-13-2011 at 05:53 PM.
    live4ramin likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Is it just me, or do Rams fans turn on their quarterbacks too easily?
    Aside from one or maybe two posters who have a long reputation of stirring the pot, who exactly is turning on Bradford?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    And it was pressure from a newly assembled, unseasoned Eagles line at that.
    Babin (31), Patterson (28), Jenkins (30) and Cole (28) are unseasoned? I guess that's one way of looking at it. Another way would be that it's a line of above average to Pro Bowl caliber players all more or less still in their prime.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So let me get this straight. The Offensive Rookie of the Year for the 2010 season was Sam Bradford? No?

I'll admit Sam Bradford looked rattled out there on Sunday. He just wasn't the Sam Bradford I expected to see especially after being such a pleasant surprise last season. (My expectations to high?) "DEFINITELY"

What I and many here have forgotten is that Sam is learning a new offense for the 2nd year in a row. I really think that's a key factor in his less than stellar performance on Sunday. I'm not using the Eagles defense as an excuse. Why? I don't think their defense is as good as everyone seems to think. Time will tell.

Anyway comparing Bradford to Bulger after one shaky game in his 2nd NFL season is nuts in my opinion.

GO RAMS!!!
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    So let me get this straight. The Offensive Rookie of the Year for the 2010 season was Sam Bradford? No?

I'll admit Sam Bradford looked rattled out there on Sunday. He just wasn't the Sam Bradford I expected to see especially after being such a pleasant surprise last season. (My expectations to high?) "DEFINITELY"

What I and many here have forgotten is that Sam is learning a new offense for the 2nd year in a row. I really think that's a key factor in his less than stellar performance on Sunday. I'm not using the Eagles defense as an excuse. Why? I don't think their defense is as good as everyone seems to think. Time will tell.

Anyway comparing Bradford to Bulger after one shaky game in his 2nd NFL season is nuts in my opinion.

GO RAMS!!!
    'Rookie of the year' is not an award, but rather a sort of 'Pat on the head'. Awards are division champs as a rookie, leading a team with a winning record, accomplishments.

Some maybe 'Nuts' for comparing Bradford to Bulger, but the very same actions at the Rams QB position are oh so similar in comparison.
    Trouble in the redzone - Bradford = Bulger
    Shaky execution - Bradford = Bulger
    Offensive line taking the blame for QB's woes - Bradford = Bulger
    Lack of receiving talent - Bradford = Bulger
    Constant changes to offense playbook - Bradford = Bulger

^ Is this 'Nuts' or Deja' Vu all over again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    \
    Some maybe 'Nuts' for comparing Bradford to Bulger, but the very same actions at the Rams QB position are oh so similar in comparison.
    Trouble in the redzone - Bradford = Bulger
    Shaky execution - Bradford = Bulger
    Offensive line taking the blame for QB's woes - Bradford = Bulger
    Lack of receiving talent - Bradford = Bulger
    Constant changes to offense playbook - Bradford = Bulger

Bulger had Holt, Bruce and some other decent NFL receivers for much of his career. I believe they also kept at least some of the Martz "playbook" for most of his tenure with the Rams. That said, even Warner was looking shaken at the end of his stay with the Rams....so there is plenty of legitimacy in at least PART of what you are saying. I also didnt see much of Bradford rolling out of the pocket on Sunday. The kid does not need to be a statue back there. Too many short drops and not enough time for those (less than stellar) receivers to get open. Hoping we see an improvement in play calling on Monday.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

A single game into his second year, after one of the most prolific rookie seasons in NFL history? Definitely nuts.
    laram0 likes this.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Going with nuts.

O-line and Bradford were impressive last season and through the pre-season.

On the basis of one awful game against a team that most pundits picked as Super-bowl favourites, I'm inclined to ignore the more gratuitous trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Bulger had Holt, Bruce and some other decent NFL receivers for much of his career. I believe they also kept at least some of the Martz "playbook" for most of his tenure with the Rams. That said, even Warner was looking shaken at the end of his stay with the Rams....so there is plenty of legitimacy in at least PART of what you are saying. I also didnt see much of Bradford rolling out of the pocket on Sunday. The kid does not need to be a statue back there. Too many short drops and not enough time for those (less than stellar) receivers to get open. Hoping we see an improvement in play calling on Monday.
    The rolling out of the pocket or should I say lack thereof? Is something I was surprised we didn't see as well. Then I slapped myself back into reality. New OC, new playbook. Bradford was running the plays the OC sent in. Nothing less nothing more.

NUTS

Thanks for playing!

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The rolling out of the pocket or should I say lack thereof? Is something I was surprised we didn't see as well. Then I slapped myself back into reality. New OC, new playbook. Bradford was running the plays the OC sent in. Nothing less nothing more.
    Could also be that the coaches asked him to stay in the pocket rather than put himself in the open field and risk a big hit, they got a few thumpers on the eagles

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

Overall, we need improvements in most aspects of our team....fast!!
    Last edited by Ironmaidenram; -09-13-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I don't agree that Sam did as well as he could & I seriously doubt he would, either. The circumstances/problems were not even close to being all under his control but he can play better in his own right & will bounce back, I'm sure.

That's not at all the same as starting to doubt his talent or comparing the situation to that of Bulger & co.

I actually hope Spags holds him out if the finger can be helped by rest but does anyone with any sense really doubt that Sam's champing at the bit to get back out there & likely to have a huge game if he's healthy enough and someone can hold on to his passes ? This BS about the only problems being guys not getting open or pass pro is so tired & simplistic as well.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Well my point is we should get the kid protected or he'll get the yips just like Bulger.
    Let the hype begin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast