View Poll Results: Which "Redshirt Rookie" will have the biggest impact in 2013?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brian Quick

19 39.58%
  • Isaiah Pead

22 45.83%
  • Rok Watkins

7 14.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Which "Redshirt Rookie" from 2012 will have the biggest impact in 2013?

The Rams had great production from its rookie class last year, despite having three picks who played very little due to injury or slow development.

Which of these "Redshirt Rookies" will emerge in 2013?

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: Which "Redshirt Rookie" from 2012 will have the biggest impact in 2013?

Went with Pead.

I think there are some fans who see him as a really big disappointment, but I think you need to put his ordeal into perspective.

He was late to camp because of the way his college schedule worked, not his fault. D.Rich made the most of his opportunity before Pead arrived and proved he could be a solid #2.

Its hard for me to fault Pead when D.Rich was playing so well throughout the season. But I don't think its a knock on Pead at all, as I think he will be a stud when he gets his carries. Its more a compliment to D.Rich for performing so well.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Went with Quick because of the expectations and the competition that will take place at WR for the Rams. This will be especially true if Danny Amendola leaves. In truth, I hope they all have a huge impact.

Go Rams!

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Im going with Quick also, but i can see Pead taking off too. It seemeed like he was pressing to hard to make plays in preseason when richardson seemingly took over as the #2 rb. And Peads pressing got him demoted from kr after the dolhpins game (when he brung the kr deep out of the endzone and fumbled on the sideline). Then at the end of the season he seemede more relaxed and just played ball... He looked good and explosive just not enough touches.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Isaiah Pead with an asterisk. Only if SJ is not back and I'm amusing he will not be back. Pead will get the chance to be the guy IMO. The Rams took him with this move in mind.

Mayock's take: "Pead is an explosive, burst excelerator. He's great in space. I love the fact that St. Louis took him. Remember, they're trying to protect Sam Bradford, and you do that in a number of ways. Nobody is behind Steven Jackson, so you get this kid the ball in space."

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Im sticking with my gut on Isaiah Pead. I liked him coming out of Cincinnati, and was expecting big things from him last season. It didnt quite happen for Pead, but I still believe in his ability. Hopefully, the team will improve on it's run blocking this year, and free him up for a good year.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Run blocking pass blocking, I believe Watkins can have a tremendous impact, and I think he'll come in poised to do just exactly that.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Run blocking pass blocking, I believe Watkins can have a tremendous impact, and I think he'll come in poised to do just exactly that.
    What Jag said. I'm rooting for Pead & Quick of course but I am also anticipating considerable contribution from the Big Wattman.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Im going with Quick also, but i can see Pead taking off too. It seemeed like he was pressing to hard to make plays in preseason when richardson seemingly took over as the #2 rb. And Peads pressing got him demoted from kr after the dolhpins game (when he brung the kr deep out of the endzone and fumbled on the sideline). Then at the end of the season he seemede more relaxed and just played ball... He looked good and explosive just not enough touches.
    Pead didn't fumble in that game. It was Miller who fumbled after returning a short kickoff.

I'm going with Quick because he has the physical ability to succeed and if he can produce then it could completely change this offense moving forward.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Great question, and honestly I think that all three will have big impacts this year, but I eventually settled with Pead. With S-Jax looking more and more likely that he'll bolt, I think it will be up to him and Richardson to carry the load, and with Pead being the more athletic and explosive of the two I expect him to earn #1 back status. I also like Quick, but I think it'll be a year or two before he hits his peak in this league.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

It was always between Quick & Pead for me. I went with Quick. I imagine The Rams without one or the other if they brought what we hope they will at their respective positions. If I had to make the Sophie....I'd go Peadless every time.

I also think Jackson will stay and even if he leaves, The Rams will,imo, pick up a bigger back somehow & Pead won't get a lion's share either way. Amendola staying, on the other hand, seems more likely to help Quick than hurt. And Givens will hopefully be that much better as well.

I'm still worried about the Oline,etc like everyone else but I think the core is excitingly close to critical momentum; if they catch a break on injuries. I look forward to young skill players showing up more quickly every year. Y'know like a normal NFL team....

Anyway, I'm not sure The Rams have ever had a WR of the type Quick would be if he fulfills the promise of his college tape and indisputable physical gifts. We've had fast, smart, tough, acrobats, and consummate technicians and combos of all the above...but a weapon like that ? I think Sam will be ready to bring the best out in him as well & there really is no one who could do more for The Rams success if he really takes off.He doesn't have to put up Megatron-like numbers, either, to have a huge overall impact.

Doesn't that young safety merit a mention ? Matt Daniels ? Daniel Matthews ? I may be getting a little senile & definitely too lazy to look it up.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -03-04-2013 at 04:55 AM.

cfh128 is online now Registered User

If Jackson's gone, I wonder if Ganaway could work his way into this converation?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    If Jackson's gone, I wonder if Ganaway could work his way into this converation?
    Possibly, but I'd think Pead would have a better shot than Ganaway.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, Pead was Adam Schefter's pick for 2013 Breakout Player of the Year.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I voted Rok because thats who I hope breaks out well.

But I think Quick will be the one to have a break-out year next year in those 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast