Thread: The Refs

Milan is offline Registered User

The Refs

Are you kidding me?

That was awful officiating. 2 Non-called PIs then right after the first, they call an iffy one on Chavous. The 3rd-down where they gave them pretty much 2 extra yards. The Horse Collar call?

They didn't cost us the game but they did their best to give it away.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: The Refs

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Are you kidding me?

That was awful officiating. 2 Non-called PIs then right after the first, they call an iffy one on Chavous. The 3rd-down where they gave them pretty much 2 extra yards. The Horse Collar call?

They didn't cost us the game but they did their best to give it away.
    That horse collar was a shocker. He didn't grab it and yank the player down, he held onto it, but he ran with Grant until he was able to reach in with the other arm and bring him down.

blood85 is offline Registered User

When It rains it pours, don't expect to get any of the calls when we are 3 and 10, it's just the way the year has gone.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

hey at least the ref had a nice block on Nick Collins on Jacksons 46 yard run

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The horse collar one was ridiculous. I have seen that play in many other games get no penalty. 15 yard facemask penalty on the O line was also amazing.

I think the Jets having their TD taken away during the Pats game though takes the cake since the Pats were given a TD in another game with the same control question. Some teams, especially the favored teams, do get a lot of breaks from the refs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    The horse collar one was ridiculous. I have seen that play in many other games get no penalty. 15 yard facemask penalty on the O line was also amazing.

I think the Jets having their TD taken away during the Pats game though takes the cake since the Pats were given a TD in another game with the same control question. Some teams, especially the favored teams, do get a lot of breaks from the refs.
    CONSPIRACY!

The great scandal of 2007 is now no longer "Spy Gate" but "REF-GATE"! As in, Officiate so as to keep the Patriots unbeaten.

Now, whilst not my personal stance, I can see how it's easy to believe (and it cushions the blow of a losing season.)

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Wasn't a great day for refs at all, but it wasn't awful.

The two plays that were bad in my opinion were the Chavous penalty, that was hardly interference, Atogwe's second INT, he wasn't out of bounds and that fumble at the end.
    RamsFan16

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

And how about unsportsmanlike conduct getting called on the Rams bench? I can't remember the last time I heard a penalty called on players who aren't even in the game. Then there was the delay of game when the guy who thought he had a fumble recovery tossed the ball down at his feet. We even challenged the bad spot call in the first half, and they still gave the Pack at least an extra yard and a half.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post

They were handed the win against the Ravens too, they didn't play well at all that day but the refs kept throwing in all the flags they needed to squeeze out a win. As if our terrible season wasn't enough the Patriots season just helps make this an even worse year :x Worst year since I've been watching football, it's just depressing...

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    They were handed the win against the Ravens too, they didn't play well at all that day but the refs kept throwing in all the flags they needed to squeeze out a win. As if our terrible season wasn't enough the Patriots season just helps make this an even worse year :x Worst year since I've been watching football, it's just depressing...
    Yeah actually I guess it was the Ravens game that the refs called the winning TD for the Pats when the receiver had not secured the ball before he left the end zone.

I just wish the refs would be consistant in their calls so that I would not have to question some of these wins. Obviously the players question some of the calls also and they get more penalties for saying or doing anything.
    Last edited by UtterBlitz; -12-17-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: changing some words
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    And how about unsportsmanlike conduct getting called on the Rams bench? I can't remember the last time I heard a penalty called on players who aren't even in the game. Then there was the delay of game when the guy who thought he had a fumble recovery tossed the ball down at his feet. We even challenged the bad spot call in the first half, and they still gave the Pack at least an extra yard and a half.
    Unsportsmanlike conduct on the bench is a new one for me....I wonder what the bench did to get a penalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Life stinks at 3-11. It's hardbreak after heartbreaks and no breaks for this team.
    It's a bad ending.Refs are just grinches.
    THE FIELD GOAL