Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Refs

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

The Refs

This is not meant to be a cop out, our offense didnt play up to snuff although i dont think they were horrible. Our play calling was beyond bad on some plays, and just what we needed on other plays (the screen to jackson on the final game tying drive).

But seriously the refs are making me sick to my stomach. These BS pass interference calls are getting on my nerves. The holt catch that was clearly out of bounds to anything that has eyes. How can this happen in a leauge were the refs are relied upon to make this game fair? I am begining to think that goodal wants another 0-16 team so he can pressure us into moving to LA.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: The Refs

Don't worry we'll get an apology from the league when they review the tape of the game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Don't worry we'll get an apology from the league when they review the tape of the game!
    now do the refs get fined for blowing a call if it is proven that it was the wrong call ?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

No, but the refs are evaluated every week and are graded. The refs truly do try their best and sometimes they just screw it up. Just look at Hochuli last year in the first Denver/SD game. There's no conspiracy against the Rams.
    I believe!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    No, but the refs are evaluated every week and are graded. The refs truly do try their best and sometimes they just screw it up. Just look at Hochuli last year in the first Denver/SD game. There's no conspiracy against the Rams.
    This I will disagree with until one of two things happen. My death, at which point I won't be here to disagree, or the St Louis RAMS have a ten year Dynasty that is a direct result of multiple bad calls or non-calls against their opponents. Especially when those opponents are the 9ers, cheatriots, stealers, donkeys, etc.

The league has had a vendetta against the RAMS since they moved to St Louis, and a vendetta against St Louis since they were the better all around city for the expansion team that went to Jacksonville, FL.

gap

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    This I will disagree with until one of two things happen. My death, at which point I won't be here to disagree, or the St Louis RAMS have a ten year Dynasty that is a direct result of multiple bad calls or non-calls against their opponents. Especially when those opponents are the 9ers, cheatriots, stealers, donkeys, etc.

The league has had a vendetta against the RAMS since they moved to St Louis, and a vendetta against St Louis since they were the better all around city for the expansion team that went to Jacksonville, FL.

gap
    I hear ya!

Over the last 10 seasons the NFL has lost a lot of credibility with me.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I really despise how we always seem to be on the losing end of those calls. However, it will be nice when we have a team good enough to overcome bad calls...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I don't buy that there's an actual conspiracy against the Rams by the league or the officials, but it does seem as if the Rams come out on the short side of numerous calls, including anything that's close at all. Some will argue that that's simply a bad team not getting the breaks, but in an objective situation, the bad team has to get the break at some point right? The Rams hardly ever do; in fact I'm not sure I can remember the last time they did.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Please stop blaming the defense. If our offense does anything in the second half we would have won that game

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

We can't blame 0-6 on Refs, we've barely even been competative. The Rams are just a bad team from top to bottom. This is years of bad drafting, the Rams didn't get here in a season and they won't get out unless they're ballsy enough to do the trades to make it happen, and are aggressive in Free Agency. If we are truly in a rebuilding stage, there is no reason to keep a player like Jackson here and make him suffer, and use him up the great years of his career. I like Jackson, but we're not winning anything this year, the likely hood of us running the table for the rest of the year, with the way the team has been playing is highly un likely.

Yes I think the Refs are imperfect, and I'm the first to admit that, but this is not one of those times.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I see your point but I would only ship Jackson out( I would not trade him)if I received quality known players, I don't want a bunch of extra draft picks that once they select them hope they work out or even make the team. Do we really need anymore $50 million rookies on the team.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Refs make mistakes in every league. You get frustrated by their calls sometimes, but it happens. They don't do it on purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    They don't do it on purpose.

Have to disagree with ya on this one. I have been trying to find this on video (to no avail, dang it), but in last year's heartbreaking loss to the Cheatriots, there was a flag thrown against them that almost gave the Rams a fighting chance, which sent Belicheat into a total tantrum. Luckily for me, I have been working on my lip-reading skills (I'm hard of hearing), and saw him mouth the words, "That's not what I f***ing pay you for!" It was as plain as day, and rather obvious. If I can ever find it, I'll post it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    Have to disagree with ya on this one. I have been trying to find this on video (to no avail, dang it), but in last year's heartbreaking loss to the Cheatriots, there was a flag thrown against them that almost gave the Rams a fighting chance, which sent Belicheat into a total tantrum. Luckily for me, I have been working on my lip-reading skills (I'm hard of hearing), and saw him mouth the words, "That's not what I f***ing pay you for!" It was as plain as day, and rather obvious. If I can ever find it, I'll post it.
    That game last year also had about 3 roughing the passer plays on bulger that were never called.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    We can't blame 0-6 on Refs, we've barely even been competative.
    I dont think you can say we havent been competitive. The players are competing as hard as you would want as a fan. The problem is the talent on the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast