RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Are refs biased against downtrodden Rams?

It makes you wonder ...

Sometimes when bad teams make great plays, they seemingly got baffling flags thrown against them. I've seen it several times this year on returns, when Amendola gets to about the 20, then bursts free to the 35 or 40, and after he is tackled, a flag is thrown back at the 20 ...

But, watch a replay of this Rams-Titans game ...

Take a look at Chris Johnson's 39 yard TD run early. Dorrell Scott, who is playing solid football, swims off of Tennessee Titans #76, and is about to stuff Johnson for a loss on the play. This is prevented by one of the most blatant acts of holding I've seen in some time. Titans #76 was holding Scott back by his arm. No call, Johnson looks like a star ...

Null interception on the short pass to Jackson. Vandenbosh pushed Jackson down as the ball is thrown. No call ...

Offensive pass INT call on B. Gibson. Total non-sense. Should have been a no-call if anything ....

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Are refs biased against downtrodden Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    It makes you wonder ...

Sometimes when bad teams make great plays, they seemingly got baffling flags thrown against them. I've seen it several times this year on returns, when Amendola gets to about the 20, then bursts free to the 35 or 40, and after he is tackled, a flag is thrown back at the 20 ...

But, watch a replay of this Rams-Titans game ...

Take a look at Chris Johnson's 39 yard TD run early. Dorrell Scott, who is playing solid football, swims off of Tennessee Titans #76, and is about to stuff Johnson for a loss on the play. This is prevented by one of the most blatant acts of holding I've seen in some time. Titans #76 was holding Scott back by his arm. No call, Johnson looks like a star ...

Null interception on the short pass to Jackson. Vandenbosh pushed Jackson down as the ball is thrown. No call ...

Offensive pass INT call on B. Gibson. Total non-sense. Should have been a no-call if anything ....
    LOL I was screaming about the holding call on the Johnson run. Yes I do think things are easily overlooked when your 1-11. How they didnt call P.I. when Jackson got de-cleated before the ball was even close is beyond me but it wouldnt have mattereed anyway. I agree with the Gibson call it was stupid to even throw the flag.
    Just Fix It

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

i got pissed on that as well but you have to remember jackson wasnt five yards up the field yet so he could still be blocked(pancaked)

As for the other two, i didnt see dorell scott get held myself even though im not denying it didnt happen.

I also cant call it on that B. Gibson play because that could have gone either way. Just seems bad teams never get it going there way.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post

i got pissed on that as well but you have to remember jackson wasnt five yards up the field yet so he could still be blocked(pancaked)

As for the other two, i didnt see dorell scott get held myself even though im not denying it didnt happen.

I also cant call it on that B. Gibson play because that could have gone either way. Just seems bad teams never get it going there way.
    Doesnt matter if your within 5 yds if the ball is in the air they cant tackle you,its pass interferance. I think on the Gibson call you call it if the guy catches the ball and it's a blatant p.i.
    Just Fix It

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post

I encourage you to go to NFL.com and look at the highlights from the game. The highlights with the radio calls. The holding is so extremely visible it's ridiculous ...

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I actually noticed that too. It happens to not just bad teams, but underdog teams as well. the refs wan to keep the status quo in the NFL haha

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I mentioned this early on during the season, yet no one else seemed to notice.

Officials miss or overlook things all the time in every game played. However, in the case of our Rams they sure seem to kill alot of our drives or big plays with timely calls. I don't know, maybe it's just that we are so biased that it seems like they are against us.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If we had won that game, nobody would care to remember a few missed calls. I think that's the difference.

On the other hand, there is zero doubt in my mind that in college football, the calls go to the team trying to make a comeback or is down by more than 1 score. I was watching several college games this weekend and the absolute worst were the calls against Northwest MO State. Once the game started getting out of hand the calls were ALL for Grand Valley but when it got close again, the calls disappeared. I've seen that several times this season.

Warner4prez Guest

Are refs biased against downtrodden Rams?
    One word answer, hell yes!
    The non calls are almost as bad as the phony ones. It boils my blood every Sunday.

RamsFanThruItAll!!! is offline Registered User

Idk but when Jackson was hit by Vandenbosch i figurewd it was legal because they faked the handoff to Jackson. Maby theres a rule where there eligable to be hit at anytime idk but i think the Brandon Gibsom call was correct. At first i couldnt believe it but when you check the repplay Gibs grabbed the dbacks arm.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

The refs are a bunch of bs. Many times, it IS the Ram's fault, most likely because we have mostly all youngsters on the team, but other times, it is obvious the refs are on a payroll, or have their biased sunglasses on.

Bipolar The Titan Guest

every team gets calls against them for things they shouldn't be flagged for and every team gets away with something every now and then. the truth of the matter is that it's not bad teams that get more unjust calls it's just hard to forget about little trivial crap like that when a team you watch is just plain bad and doesn't win. winning solves this problem. calls don't keep teams like the Lions or Rams down. It's not referee bias that makes the Rams lose. Any team that buys into that ridiculous reasoning isn't ever going to win.

JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User

Not biased just bad.

1. They save the good refs for primetime.
    2. We dont have any big "sportscenter" names to influence the refs. (i.e. Manning, Brady)