Thread: Remember this..

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Remember this..

It looks alot like this team has turned the corner. Three forths of the season is left and alot can happen, but barring all that, if we should progress as we have...

.....remember how close Spags and his staff got to packing their dufflebags.

What a TIMELY change of events. Remarkable really. It's like at the planning conference for the Skins game Spags looked his notes over and said to his coaches....OK then, lets do this.

If the SOSAR had bellied up for the hags game, I really think a head would be rolling down Broadway right about now.

That makes this a miracle season right there.

Kiss my ass, football gods

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Remember this..

remember how close Spags and his staff got to packing their dufflebags.
    How close was that?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

You got my point right?

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    How close was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    You got my point right?
    HAHAHA

but anyways yes I do agree that this has been a miracle season so far.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

You got my point right?
    Sorry, live4; guess I'm having a slow day.

I just don't see anything that makes me believe Spags was close to being booted.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Sorry, live4; guess I'm having a slow day.

I just don't see anything that makes me believe Spags was close to being booted.
    I think there were some rumors flying around that Spags would be on the hotseat if we didn't start winning games.

IMO, Spags was never even close to that. Just some dumb rumors.

richtree is offline Registered User

It looks alot like this team has turned the corner. Three forths of the season is left and alot can happen, but barring all that, if we should progress as we have...

.....remember how close Spags and his staff got to packing their dufflebags.

What a TIMELY change of events. Remarkable really. It's like at the planning conference for the Skins game Spags looked his notes over and said to his coaches....OK then, lets do this.

If the SOSAR had bellied up for the hags game, I really think a head would be rolling down Broadway right about now.

That makes this a miracle season right there.

This post makes you try to seem like you know more than everyone else here.

I am sure the day the Franchise decided to play Sam Bradford game 1, Spags new his job was secure for the whole season barring winning less than 2 games.

Remember this.....No one ever packed any dufflebags, so your whole post is TMZ speculation...

No preach when you should be listening, you might learn something.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Ok, so I'm not saying anyone in this thread believes this, but I go absolutely crazy when fans of a 6-42 team think that all that needs to change is the head coach.

Really? How many plays does the head coach make? Sure he has a tremendous effect on the game, but even the best chefs in the world have to have at least some good ingredients.

The best thing I believe for the future of the Rams is consistency. Spags and Devaney can't build Rome in a day, you have to give them time. Heck we gave them 2 years and we are already talking about competing for the division. That is an extremely impressive turn around.

IMO the worst thing for the state of the Rams, even if we lose every single game from here on out (extremely unlikely), would be for Spags and/or Devaney to lose their jobs. If you can't see the progress the Rams are making, even before the two wins, it is time for a trip to the optometrist.

Final ranting point, look at the best coaches in the NFL, Tony Dungy, Mike Shanahan, Mike Holgrem, Bill Cowher, and Jeff Fisher, what do they all have in common? They were with their team for a long time. If you are a good coach you will be one for a long time, but it takes time to be a good coach.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I think I see where you are going with this.....let's fire the chefs at Rams Park....

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Ok, so I'm not saying anyone in this thread believes this, but I go absolutely crazy when fans of a 6-42 team think that all that needs to change is the head coach.

Really? How many plays does the head coach make? Sure he has a tremendous effect on the game, but even the best chefs in the world have to have at least some good ingredients.

The best thing I believe for the future of the Rams is consistency. Spags and Devaney can't build Rome in a day, you have to give them time. Heck we gave them 2 years and we are already talking about competing for the division. That is an extremely impressive turn around.

IMO the worst thing for the state of the Rams, even if we lose every single game from here on out (extremely unlikely), would be for Spags and/or Devaney to lose their jobs. If you can't see the progress the Rams are making, even before the two wins, it is time for a trip to the optometrist.

Final ranting point, look at the best coaches in the NFL, Tony Dungy, Mike Shanahan, Mike Holgrem, Bill Cowher, and Jeff Fisher, what do they all have in common? They were with their team for a long time. If you are a good coach you will be one for a long time, but it takes time to be a good coach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If week three had gone the same as weeks one and two, Shumer was history.

Go back and look at the posts you sanctimonious, holier than thou, special place in RAMS heaven for Clanram blathering, kneejerk, dunderdolts! Kiss my ass.

Sorry. Maybe I should focus my tirade ever so slightly toward richtree.

If you'll meet me behind the kroger building at around 9Pm I'll show you some preachin. WTF? I don't deserve that ****. Good Grief.

3STL9 is offline Registered User

I still don't think shurmur is that good of an offensive coordinator. But however he has turned the corner...I think he sees that he can let loose sam bradford, and hopefully he continues that