throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Remember this about Jason Garrett

He was a top candidate before his team completely imploded this year. How many calls has he gotten this year. He has limited experience players won't respect him and he will be dominated in the locker room just like he was in Dallas. To me he is Linehan jr. He had a great QB big physical and fast WR that he just had to throw the ball to down field. Romo and T.O plus more is just like Linehan Culpeper and Moss.

HornIt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    He was a top candidate before his team completely imploded this year. How many calls has he gotten this year. He has limited experience players won't respect him and he will be dominated in the locker room just like he was in Dallas. To me he is Linehan jr. He had a great QB big physical and fast WR that he just had to throw the ball to down field. Romo and T.O plus more is just like Linehan Culpeper and Moss.
    So the Cowboys were Garrett's team now? Were the Rams Saunders' team last season?

If the 13th ranked offense in the NFL is an implosion, then the Rams offense could use a little of that.

He's interviewed for at least three of the openings (Rams, Lions and Broncos that I know about), so he's gotten enough calls this year. He has enough experience, a solid background and if T.O. is your litmus test for players respecting somebody, then you might as well call off the search right now because short of hiring God, they are doomed.

The Linehan comparison is baseless IMO. The guy who gets dominated in the locker room is Wade Phillips Jr. He's the Head Coach and that's his responsibility. That's what's cost him a couple jobs now and most likely will the Cowboys soon enough too. You compared the locker room issue with two teams and lay it at the feet of the HC on one of them and the OC on the other one. That seems awfully convenient to me.

Well, judging by some of the responses in this thread and others, I'd say many have already made up their minds that Garrett would be a really bad selection. If this is representative of the larger Rams fan population, then I hope he doesn't get the job because another couple years of so many fans being ready to fire the guy from day 1 would not be a good thing.

Looks like it's not going to be Ryan now. He appears headed to the Jets. So hopefully it's Spags or Frazier. Those two guys should get at least get a little time to make it work before they get piled on. A honeymoon period here for the organization and the fans would be a good thing.
    Last edited by HornIt; -01-14-2009 at 07:06 PM.

maineram Guest

" Just say no", to Garrett. He is a reach, or like Fassell, just getting his name out there as an Nfl team " Interested" in him as their HC.

Maineram -

rams2061 Guest

I see more losing seasons if Garrett is the HC. Look at the bad job he has done in Dallas as the OC.

troykan Guest

Dallas fan here, many Dallas fans hope we keep Garrett.

The entire Dallas team had issues not simply the offense.

I do not think Garrett or Wade is what Dallas needs given the media circus and personalities, Dallas needs a tough guy again.

Jason is very well liked in the coaching frat and I do think he would do well with the Rams offensive personnel.

Defensively you simply need a better coordinator and to draft better, Jason would bring in a good staff and philosophy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12