Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Al_B_Badd Guest

Re: Rep Points For Some Research

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Ive actually played on that surface (highschool football game), it seemed fine to me. Springy so as not that bad to fall on and your cleats sink into but not too much as to really snag your feet in. This trend of home injuries does seem to be curious but i tend to think its more bad luck. They've also had knee injuries in away games.
    What it looks like to me is that a lot of these injuries are happening when the players feet are at a steep angle to the turf, like when making a cut during a run. Did you make any of these cuts, and did the turf hold up? I'm wondering if the turf just "gives" when you're running at a steep angle like that.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I've been a bit curious about this issue myself. It seems like we've been hit with an unusually high number of injuries repeatedly in the last few years. It seems quite plausible that it could be related to having a bad home field turf.

jkramsfan Guest

they also play some college games on that field and they may even play high school games to, maybe a clan member who lives in St. Louis can answer that for sure,and also a visiting pro team plays there 8 times a season,before we blame the turf we have to look at every team that plays there and see if they have the same problems in that dome.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

OK, I have taken a look at all of the play-by-plays of each home game, writing down each injury I come across. I am sure a few are probably missing, as they did not have Warner's injury documented from Week 11, and not all of the injuries that I am about to list were serious enough to miss significant playing time...

Week 3 (GB)

STL: Bulger, Robinson, Avery, J. Butler
    GB: N/A

Week 5 (MIN)

STL: G. Gibson, Boller
    MIN: N/A

Week 7 (INDY)

STL: Massey, Incognito, B. Fletcher
    INDY: D. Brown

Week 10 (NO)

STL: Lenon, Burton, Long
    NO: Meachem, Porter, McCray

Week 11 (ARI)

STL: N/A
    NO: K. Warner

Week 12 (SEA)

STL: Ja. Brown
    SEA: Babineaux, Redding

Week 15 (HOU)

STL: Q. Butler, Fells
    HOU: N/A

Quick reminder: I found an injury that was not recorded in the play-by-play texts, so I would not be surprised if there were more...no calls or letters, please...LOL
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Okay... were the rest (Bulger, J.Smith, Carriker, etc.) all injured in road games (my goal here is to get a percentage of total major injuries at home, so I'll need both home and away data).

Rep coming your way for the research already done...
    all you gave me was one rep point and you weren't clear on both home and away games. out of 88 reps you said you were gonna give away you're only giving me 1 I had everyone just only included the home injuries.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

"Hi, my name is Mr. Gift Horse, and what you're looking at is my mouth."

Actually, when I rep someone, they get 88 rep points (based upon my "rep power"). That is what you received. You were also increased from a "rep power" of 6 to 7. The system increases your rep power by 1 for every 100 rep points received (and, in this case, my 88 points awarded caused you to pass such a threshold).

As for the issue of the turf, I don't think we can conclusively say that it is causing injuries, but I do think that there is enough of a disparity that it warrants further investigation by the team.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I didnt realise that about the rep system

clarasDK is offline Registered User

If the Turf is the reason for the injuries I would think that other teams playing on the same turf would also have more injuries, like the Colts. But I do not think they have a problem.

One thing I would really like to know about is how our conditioning in the off season is handled compared to teams with much less injury problems.

Over the last few years our injuries just get worse and worse....

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    If the Turf is the reason for the injuries I would think that other teams playing on the same turf would also have more injuries, like the Colts. But I do not think they have a problem.

One thing I would really like to know about is how our conditioning in the off season is handled compared to teams with much less injury problems.

Over the last few years our injuries just get worse and worse....
    you make a valid point here, I would lean toward the conditioning more than the turf but I have nothing to back that up,but it just seems that other teams play on this same turf and have less injuries,and then again some of these injuries would have happened no matter where or what surface you played on.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

I read that it's not so much the turf as the fact that at the ED they put it in new each year, and it never gets "broken in" (whatever that means).
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Or...it's like God looking down from the heavens and saying, "I don't know Job, somethin' 'bout you just pisses me off!"
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    I read that it's not so much the turf as the fact that at the ED they put it in new each year, and it never gets "broken in" (whatever that means).
    I think it's about the small rubber pellets being condensed and pushed together with continued use, making for a more stable surface. Couldn't tell you if this is a fact or just speculation.

RamsFanThruItAll!!! is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B_Badd View Post
    What it looks like to me is that a lot of these injuries are happening when the players feet are at a steep angle to the turf, like when making a cut during a run. Did you make any of these cuts, and did the turf hold up? I'm wondering if the turf just "gives" when you're running at a steep angle like that.
    Turf really doesnt give to much IMO

I never had a problem playing on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12