RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Replace Salas with Amendola and this may have been a W

We really missed Amandola tonight in his absence they targeted Salas a lot in key situations and he had several drops. If Amendola was returning instead of Salas instead of the Giants getting 7 we may have put together a scoring drive and gained some momentum.

Random thoughts from the game:
    • Kendricks has been fairly quiet
    • Offensive line did decent in pass protection.
    • Cadalac is a good back up to Jackson and still gains a few yards when there are no holes. He did have a mental lapse and missed the ball then didn't go after it on the Giants TD.
    • Salas to many drops
    • King to many penalties (obvious)
    • Mike-Sims Walker seems to play smaller then his listed 6'2
    • The defense did good today with the exception of Dahl and King. The front 7 was especially good.
    • Bradford had a few key passes batted down one with Danario wide open in the end zone. It looked like he could have put a little air under it and let Danario get it.
    • I miss Clayton and what he and Bradford had last year. It seems like the only consistent player that Bradford can really trust is Amendola.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -09-20-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Replace Salas with Amendola and this may have been a W

I hate playing "what ifs".

What if Steven Jackson was on the field 100%, then we would've been looking for a field day with Bradford's passing game and Jackson's nose to the endzone.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

I hate playing what ifs and would'ves too. I just wonder , when will we turn potential into actual.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I hate playing "what ifs".

What if Steven Jackson was on the field 100%, then we would've been looking for a field day with Bradford's passing game and Jackson's nose to the endzone.
    If you hate playing what ifs then why reply especially with your own?

All I was saying is Amendola may have been the biggest thing we missed tonight. I think we missed him even more then Jackson tonight. The OL was not opening any holes inthe run defense but did good in pass protection. Bradford had a good amount of time to throw and we had several drops on fourth down not to mention the costly fumble.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post

All I was saying is Amendola may have been the biggest thing we missed tonight. I think we missed him even more then Jackson tonight. The OL was not opening any holes inthe run defense but did good in pass protection. Bradford had a good amount of time to throw and we had several drops on fourth down not to mention the costly fumble.
    You have the right to post it, I have the right to criticize the whole concept of it. And that was a sarcastic remark what I was bringing. I hate doing "what ifs" because they make me lose good sleep when I imagine them.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post

I actually don't think we missed Amendola much at all. Salas definitely didn't have a good game, but I believe it forced Sam to take deeper shots and coincidentally, it worked. Sure if Amendola was in he would've caught everything Salas dropped, but Sam probably would've been checking down a lot more.

Who cares though? We will never find the answer to this question I guess. I do wish Amendola was still playing and 100% healthy but we have to get by a few games without him.

Keenum is offline Registered User

The Rams seem to be at the pont now where if we have everything going for us, we are going to compete and have a great chance to win the game. However, it's very rare for an NFL team, even the elite, to always have everything going for them. We are on the level where if we have a few things go wrong, it's going to be almost impossible for us to compete with the better teams.

We've got to learn how to play well when things are not going well.

BOLORAM is offline Registered User

Salas is overrated,.poor catcher, poor hands, bad player. Bring on Austin.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Never liked Salas from the start tbh. As soon as he muffed that punt I knew it was gonna be "one of those days"

RAMK1NG is offline Registered User

Everything would of gone good if it wasnt for salas

heff is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    Never liked Salas from the start tbh. As soon as he muffed that punt I knew it was gonna be "one of those days"
    Truth. We had just whipped the crap out of the Giants O and forced a punt while leading 3-0, having already taken the ball the length of the field and eviscerated the Giants D on offense.

Salas muffs. Giants take lead. Game over.

D ended up being on the field way too long.

LoyalTexasRam is offline Registered User

How did Cadillac do decent? He didn't even average 3 yards a carry. I think he had a very poor game. I don't see why we didn't try Gibson in the slot if salas couldnt step up, and why was danario on the sideline most of the game. Very bad personnel decisions in my opinion.

heff is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalTexasRam View Post
    How did Cadillac do decent? He didn't even average 3 yards a carry. I think he had a very poor game. I don't see why we didn't try Gibson in the slot if salas couldnt step up, and why was danario on the sideline most of the game. Very bad personnel decisions in my opinion.
    Knee was all I could think of. Kid is farkin' equal parts guts/talent.

Besides his wtf moment with the lateral, I see Cadillac's struggles as the line's struggles. That's a good front, which is why having Sam come out and run the no-huddle to slice/dice that secondary was a thing of beauty. Those guys were gassed by the time they decided to fake injury en masse!

Clayton, Alexander, Sims-Walker, Kendricks... I like the sound of that. Is Clayton still expected Week 6? That'd be a formidable starting unit.
    Last edited by heff; -09-20-2011 at 12:13 PM.

RamsPorVida is offline Registered User

McDaniels needs to better develop his goalline offense; some of what you saw last night may have been a cause of no Jackson but still inside the +15 his offense has difficulties as those windows tighten. A lot of that is the fact that our receivers struggle to beat man coverage.
    That being written, we demolished zone coverage, I would like to count how often we split their safeties and hit right behind the LBs.

I'm willing to take the give and get with Spag's blitzing (sometimes we get the QB, sometimes we leave a big hole in the curl zone) what I don't accept is the blown zone coverages ie- Harris not getting deep on C2 when there is no flat threat setting up a killer TD. Also, our force players and cbs struggled at tackling on the run, but I don't know how much that will hurt us against most other teams.