r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Report Card: A For Secondary; C Minus For Sam

Report Card: A for secondary; C minus for Sam

By BILL COATS
    Monday, December 6, 2010

QUARTERBACK: Rookie Sam Bradford didn't have best day. He was a bit inaccurate at times, threw a bad interception and made some questionable decisions. Still, he managed to avoid serious trouble and stayed the course on a day when points were hard to come by. GRADE: C-

RUNNING BACKS: Steven Jackson's rushing total of 102 yards was slightly misleading; he lost 10 yards on two carries as the clock wound down at the end. Jackson had a 27-yard TD run when he broke a tackle or two and sprinting down the right sideline. GRADE: B+

RECEIVERS: WR Brandon Gibson continues to perk, getting 54 yards on six catches. TEs Daniel Fells and Billy Bajema combined for five receptions. WR Danny Amendola was targeted just twice, and had one catch. GRADE: C+

OFFENSIVE LINE: Jackson generally wasn't given much room, although RT Jason Smith helped spring him with a nice block on his TD run. Bradford was sacked twice and pressured occasionally. GRADE: C

DEFENSIVE LINE: The Rams were gashed early on the ground, but stiffened later. Still, Arizona averaged 5.5 yards per rush attempt. The Rams recorded four sacks (two by DT Fred Robbins) and consistently applied pressure to the Big Red QBs. GRADE: B

LINEBACKERS: SLB Na'il Diggs was having perhaps his best day of the season before leaving with a shoulder injury in the fourth quarter. MLB James Laurinaitis was his usual steady self, but David Vobora didn't provide a lot at WLB. GRADE: B

SECONDARY: Interceptions by SS Craig Dahl and CB Bradley Fletcher led to six crucial points. Quincy Butler performed well after replacing the injured Ron Bartell. Kevin Dockery made a couple of plays in the nickel package. FS Oshiomogho Atogwe was active. GRADE: A

SPECIAL TEAMS: Danny Amendola was very good on returns, averaging 20.5 yards on punts and 26.0 on kickoffs. P Donnie Jones averaged 50.0 gross and 45.5 net. Josh Brown was four-for-four on FGs, including a 52-yarder. The Rams' coverage was pretty good. GRADE: A-

COACHING: OC Pat Shurmur's approach wasn't flashy, but it was effective. DC Ken Flajole brought the heat, with consistent blitzes keeping the Cardinals QB on their heels. The clock could've been managed a bit better at the end of the half, but no serious issues overall. GRADE: B+

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Report Card: A For Secondary; C Minus For Sam

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    QUARTERBACK: Rookie Sam Bradford didn't have best day. He was a bit inaccurate at times, threw a bad interception and made some questionable decisions. Still, he managed to avoid serious trouble and stayed the course on a day when points were hard to come by. GRADE: C-
    Report Card: A For Secondary; C Minus For Sam-terrell-owens-crying.jpg that's my quarterback
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Sorry but I would use a rookie curve and give him a B.

It's not that important that he made mistakes, everyone does, what is important and impressive was how he handled the next play and the next play.

In a game that was an offensive struggle he didn't blow up, he didn't panic and he held his composure.

Forgive me but I did watch some of the Cowboys game and even though they won what struck me was how pissed Kitna seemed all the time. He was yelling and getting in people's faces and I'm like... "you are John Kitna dude? Calm down."

Some days when you can't win the game for your team it is just as important not to lose it for your team.

I love this kid.

MACD is offline Registered User

Didn't DX have a catch? We certainly didn't have much going in the deep throw department.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

For writting this lousy dribble I give Bill Coats a C-

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

A rookie QB in his biggest game to date, who wins the game and make one major mistake and a few minor ones and he gives a C-?

What a dope. The kid played another smart game. No, he didn't hit every pass. No, he didn't throw bombs down the field all day. ...But the kid has a makeshift no-name WR corp, a poor run blocking Oline and he's played all of 12 pro games?

Really?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terrell-owens-crying.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	1282 that's my quarterback
    LUL!!!
    Now that's funny!

But anyways.. REALLY?!?! C- with a only a legit threat at WR with a guy who has a really bad knee? Sure his rating was 66.3 and he screwed up my fantasy game but c'mon man!!! He's a rookie with a poise of a future-HOF veteran!!!
    Last edited by Flippin' Ram; -12-07-2010 at 02:01 AM.

Trevor is offline Registered User

He forgot that bradford is a rookie.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

IDK I guess I'm the only person who didn't mind it the grade..C is average, and Sam had a slightly below average game. And yeah, he's a rookie, but so are a lot of players on this team. The members of this coaching staff are "rookies" at managing meaningful games. I just don't think this author is reflecting on Bradfords season play, just one game. It's amazing that Bradford hasn't had more of these games, and thats a testament to how wonderful a season he's had.

MACD is offline Registered User

If this had been Sam's first game he would be getting rave reviews. He's already spoiled us.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Sorry but I would use a rookie curve and give him a B.
    I'm not so sure. I think it's fair to judge him as we would anyone else at this point. He's clearly proven he's capable of more than average rookies and progressed an incredible amount. So as much as we praise him, we shouldn't just "let him off the hook" either, so to speak, for being a rookie. I think he's past that point and if these "evaluations" meant anything at all, I'm sure he would agree that being a rookie isn't something that's in his mind.

That said, I don't quite see the C- either. He managed the game well, which is really all one had to do against a terrible opposing offense. For once, he just had to put our team in a position to get points when needed, and sit back and rely on our defense, which absolutely terrorized the Cards.

It's nice to see that even on off-days, he's still putting our team in a position to win games.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    A rookie QB in his biggest game to date, who wins the game and make one major mistake and a few minor ones and he gives a C-?

What a dope. The kid played another smart game. No, he didn't hit every pass. No, he didn't throw bombs down the field all day. ...But the kid has a makeshift no-name WR corp, a poor run blocking Oline and he's played all of 12 pro games?

Really?
    Sam doesn't treat himself like a rookie, why should we or anybody else?

He played a slightly below average game based on the standards he has set ... C- it is ...

He misjudged a pass to a wide open Fells. He was slow to react in the pocket on a few occasions. He didn't see some wide open receivers. Gibson saved his tail from a 2nd INT ...

It was not his best game ...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know, a C- seems a bit harsh. Bradford didn't have his best game, but despite facing a lot of pressure, he still managed to complete 62% of his passes and lead the team to a victory. On the interception, Porter hit him on the shoulder as he was throwing, so I'm going to give him a break.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

I know C- may be harsh, but if we had phillip rivers and he posted the exact same number sam did I would give rivers a c- as well. I guess its ok to hold sam to a higher standard now, maybe not a bad thing.