Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Report from the EJD - Issac Bruce's Ceremony and demolition of the Panthers

Hey all. Just got back to Alabama from St. Louis. Had an unbelievable time. We stayed in the Millenium hotel again, which is walking distance to the EJD. For those coming in from out of town, you can always priceline this hotel of the Hyatt a few blocks down for about $40 a night. You cannot beat this for a four-star hotel that is walking distance to the Dome.

The retirement ceremony was fabulous in every regard. Extremely classly and well done. Many, many former Rams were in attendance, including coach Vermeil. Martz gave the introductions, and the words he spoke about Bruce were all too true. Bruce took the stage to deafening "Brrruuuuuuuce" chants and was his ever classy self. I don't know if a player has ever conducted himself in the way Isaac did on and off the field. He is truly one of a kind, and this ceremony was truly fitting for him. Great EJD crowd, not a sell-out, but about 60000 I would guess.

Less than 1000 Panthers fans in attendance I would guess. But they were very classly and respectful, particularly of Bruce.

As for the game, the crowd was active the entire time. Sam was AWESOME. He shrugged off what I believe was his worst game of the season against Tampa and surgically picked apart the Panthers. If the Panthers played out, Bradford threw in. If they played in, he threw out. He was pinpoint on every single pass.

What needs to be said about Sam, and I noticed this in person, is he is finally starting to look real comfortable in the pocket. I think the game is slowing down for him. On some of the downfield throws in the 2nd half, he might have checked down in previous games. These times, he stood strong, and delivered some awesome strikes. That deep pass to Gibson was an unbelievable play, great throw by Sam, great route by Gibby. This guy is going to be one of the best ever, no doubt. No INT's in three games, not a single poor throw against the Panthers. AMAZING!

The defense is lights out. The intensity does not come through on TV, I can guarantee that. I honestly believe this is already a top 5-10 unit. If our offense picks up a little bit, look out. These guys are going to be special. These believe in the system and the coaches have tailor made it to match their abilities.

As for the offense, it looked smooth against the Panthers. Not overly aggressive, but smooth and methodical. Jackson was hampered because he couldn't move the ball from hand to hand, and this affected his lateral movement. But look for the offense to pick it up after the bye. It's almost getting there. Sam is awesome and the receivers are starting to get it.

After the game, we waited for the players to come out, and the first people to leave were Stan Kronke and his entourage. Then came out Isaac Bruce, holding his young child, and many of his family. We politely applauded as they left in a bus.

We got to meet and chat with Chris Long, J. Lau, Atogwe, Jason Brown, Jacob Bell, Chris Chamberlain, Danny Amendola, Josh Brown, Kenneth Darby, Toston, Larry Grant, Na'il Diggs, Sam, Gibby, Laurent Robinson, Ron Bartell, Illinois Mike, and others.

For those wondering, the players come out between Entry A and B after the game. They are always willing to chat and sign things and take pictures. Just ask politely.

Chris Long signed everything as usual. J. Lau is a crazy man, full of energy and just a happy person. It was nice to meet him. My wife got to chat with and get a hug from Kenneth Darby whom she went to high school with. That was the highlight of the trip for her. Well, and meeting Danny Amendola whom she told me she'd leave me for, hahahaha.

Even got a signature from the REAL animal, John Lau., who was in attendance.

Sam had a personal bodyguard and looked awestruck by the fans adoring him. Some of the women were seriously getting a little aggressive.

Danny signed a band hat for one kid, and the kid asked "what's your name again?". Hahahahahah, Danny laughed and asked for some paint thinner to remove the signature.

A.J. Feeley came out in a suit and no one recognized him. A couple in his group made fun of him because no one asked for his autograph.

Laurent Robinson's foot is hurting him badly, it was evident as he walked away. He was heading to the hotel pretty quick, and I gave him a polite shout out for playing hard through the pain, and he turned and came over to sign a few for myself and others. A real class act.

Bartell had a huge ice wrap on his right leg, I assume for the thigh bruise. He was also polite enough to sign despite the pain.

It really is amazing how these guys take the time to interact after these games. It's NOT in their job responsibilities, yet they do it anyway. They even signed for a handful of Panthers fans.

That's all, it was great trip. Team is playing great and it looks like St. Louis is starting to believe again.

Ask question if you want!
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -11-02-2010 at 09:54 AM.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Re: Report from the EJD - Issac Bruce's Ceremony and demolition of the Panthers

That sounded like a nice trip. Reading things like this really makes me wish that I didn't live in upstate New York.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Which section are entry A and B? i sat in the endzone last time section 154. I really wanted a autograph but I didnt know how to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Which section are entry A and B? i sat in the endzone last time section 154. I really wanted a autograph but I didnt know how to get it.
    I am not good enough with directions to describe it. But outside the Dome, they are marked about the entrances A, B, C, and D ...

After the game, just go outside to the A/B side, it's the side next to the Drury Inn where the players are staying. Just look for the gathering of fans ...

O ok thanks man I didn't know that they did it outside. How long after the game do they come out?

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    O ok thanks man I didn't know that they did it outside. How long after the game do they come out?
    About 30 minutes after the game is over. They slowly flow out for about an hour ...

I got 32 signatures on my hat this time. It's really fun, try it next time!

Wow I wish I knew that last time thanks alot for telling me. Last year I ran out of there as quickly as possible ( it was the vikings game last year that we could of won).

MACD is offline Registered User

Great report Infiniti....thanks a bunch!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

at the end of the game it looked like Laurent Robinson had hurt his arm/shoulder..i think it was his left arm/shoulder...don`t know if you noticed that,i`ve yet to see any mention of an injury there but when you met him R.I did he look like he had injured it or mention anything about it atall?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    at the end of the game it looked like Laurent Robinson had hurt his arm/shoulder..i think it was his left arm/shoulder...don`t know if you noticed that,i`ve yet to see any mention of an injury there but when you met him R.I did he look like he had injured it or mention anything about it atall?
    I did speak with Laurent briefly as mentioned. His shoulder looked fine. However, he was in pain, mostly the foot. When I got his attention with the shout out, he turned quickly, and grimmaced. He started walking over to sign and we told him not to worry but go rest that foot. He took the time anyway. He mentioned the foot was hurt, but he was going to be OK ...

This is a talented receiver, and seeing him in pain like I did, I have no doubt this injury is holding him back. He looked strong against the Panthers though ...

He would be a valuable tool when he gets healthy ....

Overall, very cool dude ...

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

How was the reception when Sjax walked out? I am assuming deafening?

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    How was the reception when Sjax walked out? I am assuming deafening?
    Unfortunately, there was no SJax sighting. I've only seen him come out one of the three times I've done this ...

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Infiniti,
    Shame we didn't get to hook up, probably passed right by you after the game while you were wait for the players to come out. O well maybe next time.
    Agree on the comments, what a game & the Issac ceremony was awesome.
    Also loved those throwbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    Infiniti,
    Shame we didn't get to hook up, probably passed right by you after the game while you were wait for the players to come out. O well maybe next time.
    Agree on the comments, what a game & the Issac ceremony was awesome.
    Also loved those throwbacks.
    Next time we need to, I just saw your post earlier this morning about getting together. It would be nice to meet up with a fellow Clan member ...

Hopefully I can make it up for the Dec. 26th matchup with S.F. ...

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    My wife got to chat with and get a hug from Kenneth Darby whom she went to high school with. That was the highlight of the trip for her. Well, and meeting Danny Amendola whom she told me she'd leave me for, hahahaha.

LOL i feel you there brotha. my wife recently noticed Danny boy's good looks she couldn't help but drool a little bit and asked me to rewind it for her. haha

its ok though... when the screen turned to the cheerleaders i put the tivo in slow motion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast