Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: REPORT: Fisher on verge of choosing Rams

shower beers is offline Registered User

REPORT: Fisher on verge of choosing Rams

JUST A REPORT PEOPLE:

Per rotoworld and 101 ESPN St. Louis

Quote from Rotoworld:

Citing sources familiar with Jeff Fisher's thinking, 101 ESPN St. Louis reports Fisher is "on the verge" of becoming the Rams' next head coach.

101 ESPN's Howard Balzer cautions "the decision is not final," but reports that Fisher is expected to choose the Rams over the Dolphins by next week or "even sooner." The Rams satisfied The Rooney Rule during Friday's interview with African American Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton, so they can sign a coach to a contract as soon as an agreement is reached. In St. Louis, Fisher is expected to have say in the Rams' GM search, which typically translates to significant power when it comes to personnel decisions.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: REPORT: Fisher on verge of choosing Rams

Full article from 101 ESPN St. Louis:

Howard Balzer is the Managing Editor and Lead Columnist for 101Sports.com and host of "Pro Football Sunday" on 101 ESPN. Contact him via email at HBalzer@101espn.com and follow him on twitter @HBalzer721.

The Rams will enter the 2012 season with quarterback Sam Bradford entering his third season. They reside in the NFC West where, despite what the San Francisco ***** achieved this past season, there is no powerhouse like the New England Patriots or a talented New York Jets team. They own the second pick in the draft and the first pick in the second round that can be used as leverage for additional picks, or to select quality difference-makers. They donít have a general manager, and are looking.
    All those factors, according to sources familiar with the thinking of Jeff Fisher, have led the former Tennessee Titans coach, who has been weighing serious interest from the Miami Dolphins and the Rams this week, to be on the verge of choosing St. Louis as the next stop in his coaching career.
    The decision is not final, and things can always change until a contract is signed, but despite the likelihood of leaving some money on the table in Miami, Fisher likes the potential on the Ramsí roster to turn things around relatively quickly.
    According to numerous reports, money has been no deterrent to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross in his pursuit of Fisher. But Rams owner Stan Kroenke didnít enter this high-stakes game to lose. He spelled that all out in his meeting with Fisher Thursday. Any financial shortfall, if there actually is one, could possibly be bridged with significant bonuses for post-season appearances.
    While there is expected to be a clear division of responsibility between the new Rams head coach and general manager, Fisher will also have a certain level of input during the ensuing search for a general manager in charge of personnel.
    Earlier Friday, ESPNís Adam Schefter said Fisher would make his decision some time next week. It could be even sooner. The Rams met with Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton Friday, a discussion that complied with the NFLís Rooney Rule that mandates an interview with a minority candidate.
    Itís not out of the question that a deal could be completed by the end of the weekend. And that Jeff Fisher would be the next head coach of the Rams.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

i just read the article...i dont believe every article but this one is legit

The only thing slowing down Fisher to St. louis is the official announcement

But now that announcement will no longer be a surprise it will be a sigh of relief

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think we will get Fisher... the sudden release of McD was a sign.... Fisher did not want him and i can't imagine letting him go if we did not have a deal...
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-07-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

My gut feeling is beginning to look wrong. I really hope we get him. The stars really seem to be starting to align, between the Horton interview (I hope we did atleast give the guy a fair interview), and the releasing of McD.

I hope tomorrow to awake to a ticker that reads : Breaking News: Jeff Fisher is the Rams new Head Coach.
    ManofGod likes this.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I hope we decides to come here.From a honest opinion and not a fan we are the best choice.We have a franchise QB on the roster,2nd overall pick,most cap room,already havent some key players on both sides of the ball to build with and our owner seems like he is ready to get this team back to its winning ways.Time will tell i dont want to jinx anything but i think this is looking good for us.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

A lot of guessing has been going on lately by the media. Fisher doesn't even know where he's going to choose. He's spending the weekend or even week thinking about it, and no one knows what he's thinking.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Its not concrete but its also not guessing there are reports of people close to fisher that its all but official he wants St Louis.Im not jinxing it or believing it until i see it but,at the same time im happily opptimistic .Or he could be using all this as leverage for the Colts or some other team to make him a sweet deal and then he can laugh at St louis and Miami for thinking he would come LOL.Na j/k that wont happen....i hope not :/

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Let's hope this is true. And boy, I gotta' get the hell away from these boards for a day- all this conjecture and speculation is making me crazy...

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    My gut feeling is beginning to look wrong. I really hope we get him. The stars really seem to be starting to align, between the Horton interview (I hope we did atleast give the guy a fair interview), and the releasing of McD.

I hope tomorrow to awake to a ticker that reads : Breaking News: Jeff Fisher is the Rams new Head Coach.
    I agree THolt, I think Horton is a good canidate for someone just not the Rams and I also hope he got a legit interview,that Rooney rule is stupid,minority canidates are getting interviewed with no intention of being hired just to play by the rules,but thats the PC world we live in.In this day and age of the NFL I think the minority canidates that are derserving of a shot will get it regardless of the fact they are a "minority canidate"
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -01-07-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    viper, THOLTFAN81 and sashadpb like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

It's like a game of clue. Here's my guess: Stan Kroenke in the restaurant with the checkbook!
    MoonJoe, HUbison, viper and 2 others like this.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

If I was Fisher I think the biggest deciding factor would be the division each team plays in, he can go from 2 wins to a possible division winner with the Rams, that won't happen in the AFC East with the Pats and Jets there, but how does anyone really know what he is thinking as it says in the article.If does end up being Fisher it will be the first real head coach the Rams have had since Vermeil.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -01-07-2012 at 01:24 PM.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think we will get Fisher... the sudden release of McD was a sign.... Fisher did not want him and i can't imagine letting him go if we did not have a deal...
    McDaniels wasn't released. He was allowed permission to talk to a few teams who are interested in him. I doubt he's in the Rams plans whether Fisher is signed or not but I wouldn't read anything special as far as Fisher goes into the fact that the Rams gave him permission to talk to other teams.
    Harry S. Truman likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Is the Rooney "minority" rule apply for black people? Or for coaches who dont get much recognition. I thought it was just for minor coaches who didn't really have much of a chance to become HC's over other guys, but now im starting to think they meant black coaches...My god thats a dumb, and sort of racist and offensive rule.

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Is the Rooney "minority" rule apply for black people? Or for coaches who dont get much recognition. I thought it was just for minor coaches who didn't really have much of a chance to become HC's over other guys, but now im starting to think they meant black coaches...My god thats a dumb, and sort of racist and offensive rule.
    No, it's specificially for minority candidates. The Colts were able to pass the job from Dungy to Jim Caldwell without having to interview anyone else. It really only goes the one way.

I feel too as you do, it's an idiotic rule that's highly offensive. How is it progressing growth of race relations in the NFL when candidates are getting interviewed not because of qualifications but for filling a quota?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast