smizzhfx Guest

Report: Rams bringing in Russ Grimm for interview

from Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Rams will bring back Packers assistant head coach/linebackers coach Winston Moss for a second interview.
    The Rams are bypassing the big name candidates and going the cheap route, but they were obviously impressed by Moss the first time around. Schefter reports that Arizona assistant head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm will also be brought in for an interview.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -01-04-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Mooselini Guest

Re: Report: Rams bringing in Russ Grimm for interview

Jeez. Listen to rotoworld huh.

We are not going a cheap route. The other candidates we want are in the freaking play offs! Just give it some time.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Arrow Re: Report: Rams bringing in Russ Grimm for interview

in these processes how many can make the last round of interviews? do anyone know if theres a limit?

cause if its only 3 and Haslett and Moss are 2 of them..im gonna go nuts!
    im not that down on Moss out of the "no-name" coaches being banded around id put him and Bowles at the top of a admittedly not too impressive heap but ya know..if we talking only a select few making it there, im not too optimistic about what has already got there!

if what they say about Russ Grimm is true then id be fine with that..i have thought for quite some time,he`ll make a good HC someday...if we had to go O i would pick him.

jkramsfan Guest

I like Grimm as a canidate,he could make major improvements to the o-line right of the bat.

Bald_81 is online now Registered User

I love this news. I think had Tomlin not been given the job in Pittsburgh, it would've gone to Grimm over Whisenhunt. He would bring the leadership Devaney craves and help do wonders for our offensive line. He has the so called "statue" Kurt Warner at QB and he has done a fairly good job of keeping him up right in the pocket all season long. He is a favourite of mine along with Ryan and Spagnuolo (who I doubt we'll interview, sadly) to be our next HC.

Grimm_Fan Guest

I am a big fan of Russ Grimm and was surprised when he did not get the job with the Steelers. He would be a great choice and would help the OL right away.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Agree totally about Grimm. If there's anything he knows, it's offensive line. He's never been a coordinator, but he has amazing leadership skills, which is why he's an assistant head coach out in the desert, so make sure that the only way he leaves is by way of a head spot.

As for the number of finalists Ramblin, no there's no limit whatsoever. I am surprised that they've already said that he's one however and that he'll be given a second interview. Maybe it means that we're trying to get other candidates' A game for the interview by saying that we already have two finalists, but I really don't know. I guess we'll get to see what Bowles, Grimm and Fraizer have this week. A shame that Baltimore won, but I REALLY hope we wait to interview Rex Ryan, since it also seems like Spags and Schwartz won't be available until after when Devaney wants to have a coach installed.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    As for the number of finalists Ramblin, no there's no limit whatsoever. a shame that Baltimore won, but I REALLY hope we wait to interview Rex Ryan, since it also seems like Spags and Schwartz won't be available until after when Devaney wants to have a coach installed.
    i dont know how to multi-quote so ive deleted the bits im not about to comment on....

i didnt think there should be a limit but ya know how the powers that be in the NFL are..they do like to throw in some dumb ass rules..

i was hoping that Baltimore would lose...even tho it would probably mean a few posts off people with the "he cant be the right man for the job if his D cant beat the Phins.." type stuff..

fortunately the Ravens go to Tennessee next so one of the top 2 out of 3 D-men are gonna be available...id be happy with either Rex or Schwartz..or for that matter Mike Trgovac but i really cant see the Cards beating the Panthers in their own place..which would leave Russ Grimm available.

either way...this time next week, 2 good candidates are gonna there for us to grab!

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Awesome news!! I have had Russ Grimm at the top of my list ever since Scoot was canned. What is so impressive about Grimm to me is his resume as not only a coach but also as a player. He played with a physically dominating Redskin team that was coached by a HOFer named Joe Gibbs ( and won 3 SBs). He then moves on to Pittsburgh where he coached with Cowher ( and won one more SB) and all for years. Then he and Whisenhunt go to Arizona and look what they've done with one of the most moribund organizations in the history of professional sports.

Folks this man has been a winner everywhere he has gone in the NFL as both a player and a coach. He's ready to become a HC right now and he's going to be successful for some fortunate NFL club. Why not the Rams?

WHAT SAY YE?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Plus, RAMarkable, think of the instant rivalry heat up that we get twice a year, like the Pats and the Jets have seen the last three with Darth Hoodie and Mangini! For once the press might actually give us some attention!

Grimm_Fan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Awesome news!! I have had Russ Grimm at the top of my list ever since Scoot was canned. What is so impressive about Grimm to me is his resume as not only a coach but also as a player. He played with a physically dominating Redskin team that was coached by a HOFer named Joe Gibbs ( and won 3 SBs). He then moves on to Pittsburgh where he coached with Cowher ( and won one more SB) and all for years. Then he and Whisenhunt go to Arizona and look what they've done with one of the most moribund organizations in the history of professional sports.

Folks this man has been a winner everywhere he has gone in the NFL as both a player and a coach. He's ready to become a HC right now and he's going to be successful for some fortunate NFL club. Why not the Rams?

WHAT SAY YE?
    I say I am all for it!