RamWraith is offline Registered User

Report: Rams may fine Little a game check

Rams DE Leonard Little was inactive on Sunday for the Rams game against the Saints. Head Coach Mike Martz had told Little to take as much time as he needed after the funeral of his brother on Saturday.
    Advertisment

Howard Balzer of ESPN 1380 in St. Louis reports one of the Rams front office executives was incensed that Little did not play Sunday. Balzer also reports the Rams front office is considering fining Little a game check for missing the game Sunday.

This comes after a report by Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post Dispatch that a team official was denied access to the Rams’ coaching booth during the game against the Saints on Sunday. The official was trying to relay a suggestion on a play from Head Coach Mike Martz to offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild.

Sources reported that Rams president of football operations Jay Zygmunt wouldn’t allow the official to relay the information. Martz is recuperating from a bacterial infection of his heart valve and has missed his second consecutive game.

Post Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz has reported in his column on September 17th, Rams president John Shaw, threatened to fire any team executive attempting to undercut Martz.

How bad is the situation?

According to Miklasz, Zygmunt has tried to erode Martz’ authority over football personnel and has vetoed some of the coach’s roster and free-agency decisions. Martz had also desired to setup a new player personnel department, headed by an ally but the idea was vetoed by Zygmunt who in turn interviewed his own candidates for the job.

And finally Miklasz reports that one Rams executive started a office pool for other employees able to predict the date for Martz’s dismissal although the executive denies it ever happened.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Report: Rams may fine Little a game check

This is crap. First you have Martz giving LL permission, then you have a "FO exec.", I'm guessing Zygmunt threatening to fine him.......that is pure unadulturated garbage. Then to top it all....
    Zygmunt has tried to erode Martz’ authority over football personnel and has vetoed some of the coach’s roster and free-agency decisions. Martz had also desired to setup a new player personnel department, headed by an ally but the idea was vetoed by Zygmunt who in turn interviewed his own candidates for the job.
    I can't wait to see what cross-eyed retard Zygmunt hand picks to lead this team. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Thats great, fine Little. It's not like he's the best player on the defense or anything like that.

Zygmunt is an idiot who should have been fried long ago. Shaw needs to get off of his ass and something.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Oh, OK. Then this answers several fans questions.

Martz DOESN'T have final say over personnel decisions. Zygmut does.

According to Miklasz, Zygmunt has tried to erode Martz’ authority over football personnel and has vetoed some of the coach’s roster and free-agency decisions. Martz had also desired to setup a new player personnel department, headed by an ally but the idea was vetoed by Zygmunt who in turn interviewed his own candidates for the job.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Oh, OK. Then this answers several fans questions.

Martz DOESN'T have final say over personnel decisions. Zygmut does.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Well all I'll say is that Georgia needs to get to the bottom of all the BS and fire who ever it is that is trying to screw this team up!...........I have an idea Georgia!!!! Call me and i will come in and listen as your ears and let you know just who is the culprit for your teams errosion!.........FREE! As a avid fan and a decent judge of character!................I won't be biased either!

Guys !!!........Think that will work?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Ok. That is very unprofessional. Fine a player for missing a game a DAY PRIOR TO HIS BROTHERS FUNERAL. That is VERY VERY unclassy of Zygmunt and this guy has go to be dealt with. First off Martz is the head coach not Zygmunt. Martz fines, suspends and helps out players and Zygmunt does not. I have no idea what Zygmunt is thinking over powering Mike Martz the St. Louis Rams Head Coach not Dline Coach or anything. The HEAD COACH. Zygmunt has no busines doing that and as I adressed before should be dealt with if this happens.

Curtousy of RamsFan16
    RamsFan16

general counsel is offline Registered User

This is really a question of authority levels. Who is the organization has the authority to tell little he can take as much time as he wants to get back. If martz exceeded his authority, its between martz and ziggy with shaw as the ref, leonard shouldnt suffer if he did what the coach told him was ok.
    Leonard is not necessarily being fined for not playing, it is potentially for not calling the team.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Agree GC!...........................

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Whoever gives the "OK" to fine Little is pathetic. All of these childish games in the front office is really embarrassing.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

maineram is offline Registered User

During Vitt's first game as interim, I noticed Zygmunt behind Fairchild up in the coaches booth, that was very interesting to me. Then you have the Martz trying to get a play in to Fairchild and Zygmunt blocks it. Martz tells Little to take as much time as he needs, knowing that his brothers funeral is Saturday. Now Zygmunt threatens to fine Little for missing the New Orleans game.
    Zygmunt is totaling taking advantage of Martz being out, knowing that Vitt has his hands full just preparing the team each week. It would be my opinion that Zygmunt is for Zygmunt, and not looking out for the St. Louis Rams. Or shall I say, his perception of the Rams.
    The rest of this year, with Martz being out, will be interesting to say the least as the struggle for power and greed are put above the direction of the team.
    What a mess this has become, but the bottom line for me is, players, staff, coaches, gerneral managers, capologists, and owners may come and go, but the Horns and the legend of the Horns is all that matters.
    Putting themselves above the Horns pisses me off !!!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !