Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mh-i is offline Registered User

Re: Report: Rams to Release Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    What's interesting about this is that Linehan was with Minnesota at the same time as Claiborne. Perhaps he wasn't all too impressed with Chris then, and does not want him anchoring his defense now.

Just a thought.
    I would tend to agree. The Vikings had a pretty weak D and Claiborne was the best player. Not saying much. I don't get the love fest for this guy with Rams fans. We stunk last year and need to weed out the dead weight.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    As it stands at the moment D'Qwell Jackson is the top MLB, but he is only looking to be taken early in the second, to the Titans at pick 35. The Rams have th 43rd pick, and it is possible Hodge could fall to their. However the Rams may have to jump over Arizona who have pick 42
    The Rams actually have the 46th pick, because teams with the same record will rotate every round. But I'm not sure Hodge won't be there.

And I like Parham as well. He could play either 4-3 Mike or 3-4 ILB. I'll also be anxiously awaiting his combine performance.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    The Rams actually have the 46th pick, because teams with the same record will rotate every round. But I'm not sure Hodge won't be there.

And I like Parham as well. He could play either 4-3 Mike or 3-4 ILB. I'll also be anxiously awaiting his combine performance.
    I forgot about the pick rotation. That said, i still don't see many teams taking an MLB before the Rams pick in the second round, so Parham should still be availble

Sanantonioram is offline Registered User

I can't say I disagree with this move. Neither Coakley nor Claiborne did much to stop the run last year. I believe they were available for a reason other than money.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Releasing Clairborne: strong indicator of the plans to overhaul our Rams defense. I'm all for it! :clanram:

My question for now is, apart from the all important draft findings for this year, do we turn to Brandon Chillar in the meantime to start at MLB? He seems to have the 'right stuff', was even hungrier than CC, I do believe.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Releasing Clairborne: strong indicator of the plans to overhaul our Rams defense. I'm all for it! :clanram:

My question for now is, apart from the all important draft findings for this year, do we turn to Brandon Chillar in the meantime to start at MLB? He seems to have the 'right stuff', was even hungrier than CC, I do believe.
    Chillar didn't really do much in his time starting, i think we need to bring in some good talent to play at the MLB spot, the club has yet to find someone who has the ability to replace London Fletcher

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Well, draft aside there aren't a lot of great options out there right now. Amongst your geriatric MLBs, you have Sam Cowart, Derek Smith, Earl Holmes, and Ronald McKinnon. Haslett brought McKinnon to NO last year. Before that he was a Cardinal. I'd take a look at Gary Brackett. Otherwise, Jamie Winborn of the Jags; you may remember him as a 49er. Nate Webster if you're into Bungle cast-offs...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    Well, draft aside there aren't a lot of great options out there right now. Amongst your geriatric MLBs, you have Sam Cowart, Derek Smith, Earl Holmes, and Ronald McKinnon. Haslett brought McKinnon to NO last year. Before that he was a Cardinal. I'd take a look at Gary Brackett. Otherwise, Jamie Winborn of the Jags; you may remember him as a 49er. Nate Webster if you're into Bungle cast-offs...
    Exactly, it just seems more and more likely the Rams are going to be drafting an ILB/MLB

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't think there's any question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    I don't think there's any question about it.
    It has to be a first day pick, most likely the second rounder, but we will have to see how the combine etc plays out

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

That would be nice to have Lewis he is a motor gets poeple fired up and Abraham could fit as well...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsfan
    That would be nice to have Lewis he is a motor gets poeple fired up and Abraham could fit as well...
    Abraham is franchised and Lewis isn't going anywhere.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Even if they draft a LB, which looks highly likely, they will still have to go after a vet FA LB. IMO it's very important to have vet leadership on the field, and especially at the LB position. As much as I like Pisa, I don't think he falls into this category yet.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

majorram is offline Registered User

A little surprized at this news and I agree if we draft a MLB they will still need a VET LB and I think it will be Derek Smith..

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

viper is offline Registered User

I personally don't think he was given mcuh of a chance, but this leads me to think the Rams will draft Abdul Hodge with their second rounder
    Iím not sure Claiborne got a fair chance either considering the scheme we were playing. I thought he might do better in a new scheme with some upgraded talent around him. But, Iím not going to lose any sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    It IS a strong indicator and I'm all for it as well.

Exactly, it just seems more and more likely the Rams are going to be drafting an ILB/MLB
    I've thought all along that would be the case. At this point I don't think we'll have any choice. I like it. Letís get some new blood in there to energize the D!

Go Rams!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast