Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Resilience

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Resilience

That's what I saw in today's game. What looked to be an ugly blowout after the 1st half, we responded with a handful of scoring drives in the 2nd. We're not up there yet but this is a young team with plenty of room to grow. Even though the end result was a loss, I'm glad this team played hard to try to come back from an ugly deficit.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Re: Resilience

The young team definitely came together in the second half. They were better in all phases of the game.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I agree. This was more about learning as a young team must do. Clean up penalties and make a few more catches and despite any who are opposed to these type of statements our QB is still learning and growing he's not quite there yet but he did play well in the 2nd half.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

It's a bummer to not win this one, and we certainly need to clean up a lot of issues that are plaguing us right now, but it's awesome to see this team come back and really put up a great fight against a playoff team. We need more turnovers!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Good points. I would much rather see a team that stumbles first then picks itself up than one that is efficient early only to blow it down the stretch. This team showed it's capable of running with a top contender, if they can keep from shooting themselves in the foot.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Huge shouts out to the defense for battling their tails off; we gave up 21 pts to their offense IIRC , and they really faced a lot of adversity and clawed back and gave our offense multiple opportunities to score. Cant ask for much more. ?

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Sjax Rec TD, Julio Jones Rec TD, Jason Snelling TD rush. Matt Bryant FG and Umenyiora pick 6 were the non-offensive TD

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin' Ram View Post
    That's what I saw in today's game. What looked to be an ugly blowout after the 1st half, we responded with a handful of scoring drives in the 2nd. We're not up there yet but this is a young team with plenty of room to grow. Even though the end result was a loss, I'm glad this team played hard to try to come back from an ugly deficit.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. The loss hurt, but the fact that this young team came fighting back and made it a game was encouraging.
    RealRam likes this.

MrLegend28 is offline Registered User

Except that about their entire offense was hurt and we still played awful, and when the game mattered and Ryan didnt need to play vanilla we couldnt stop them. So no, today had no "resilience" it had vanilla defense when a team is cruising.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

The defense was still largely...awful. The Rams might have the worst pass defense in the NFL. The DBs nearly NEVER turn around to play the ball and are frequently nowhere near the receiver. Who is 'coaching' (I use the term loosely) this bunch? Cecil? He should be dismissed, immediately. That said, the offensive unit is MILES better than anything we have seen in the last half decade. Still bright things ahead...but the pass D will prohibit this team from being anything close to a contender.

Refreshing to see them fight back and make it a game.
    Curly Horns likes this.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

macrammer is offline Registered User

Resilience yes. But IMO in the NFL hard to gauge how hard other team is playing when ahead by so much. The first quarter was telling and why we lost. Our defense is not good yet. Great is further away. We let Ryan just sling the ball all over.

Fisher team will never quit. That is for certain. But too may long passes, Ram penalties, and general miscues. I expect it will get cleaned up as the year progresses. I hope it is sooner rather then later.

Dallas is next and certainly no pushover. Tough game today ....period.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
    Except that about their entire offense was hurt and we still played awful, and when the game mattered and Ryan didnt need to play vanilla we couldnt stop them. So no, today had no "resilience" it had vanilla defense when a team is cruising.
    When you say 'entire offense' do you mean Jackson and White? Because I think Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Harry Douglas would respectively disagree with you

MrLegend28 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    When you say 'entire offense' do you mean Jackson and White? Because I think Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Harry Douglas would respectively disagree with you
    ya sorry their #2 WR and #1 HB are out, my bad I shouldnt of been so literal. I mean, can you imagine a HEALTHY Roddy and Julio (hes hurt too) plus no injury to SJax? ya, dont imagine it cause itll hurt a lot more than this loss.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Resilience appropriately describes the Rams' effort after being down a bunch and they're to be given credit for that, but we cannot put ourselves in the position of having to play catch-up week after week.

Our pass defense has to improve- two consecutive 300 yard passing performances in a row against us, and these were not instances where QB's padded their stats with late game heroics. The D-Backs have to be better- and with our formidable defensive line, there's REALLY no excuse for the secondary to be getting torched.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
    ya, dont imagine it cause itll hurt a lot more than this loss.
    The only thing that hurts is trying to work out what the hell this sentence is supposed to mean.

You can only play what's put in front of you and the Rams' D did a good job after half time regardless of who Atlanta had on the field.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast