Thread: Respect

Sanantonioram Guest

Post Respect

This is probably just a local issue but, I am a Rams fan that lives in Texas and, down here, the Rams just don't get any respect. Even the NFL channel runs commercial after commercial with Andy Reid and Brian Billick and, understandably, TONS of stuff about the Steelers. I have found a few things about Holt but, by in large, Ram info is few and far between. Thanks for this site and the PD webpage.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Re: Respect

Respect begins locally. You are pretty far away from Dallas, but my guess is that there are more Cowboy than Texan fans there. We beat the Cowboys this season, you can always remind them of that. You can also ask them how long before they win a playoff game.

As far as extra coverage for the Steelers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc.

They earned it. There are 32 teams, and the winners get more coverage than the losers. It might actually be good for the Rams to not be thought of as the Greatest Show on Turf. No reason to give teams reasons to get up for us. That was part of what made 1999 so great, it took six games for the opponents to realize we meant it.

I'd rather win than get notoreity. However, the two typically go together.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater
    Respect begins locally. You are pretty far away from Dallas, but my guess is that there are more Cowboy than Texan fans there. We beat the Cowboys this season, you can always remind them of that. You can also ask them how long before they win a playoff game.

As far as extra coverage for the Steelers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc.

They earned it. There are 32 teams, and the winners get more coverage than the losers. It might actually be good for the Rams to not be thought of as the Greatest Show on Turf. No reason to give teams reasons to get up for us. That was part of what made 1999 so great, it took six games for the opponents to realize we meant it.

I'd rather win than get notoreity. However, the two typically go together.
    Well stated my friend !!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

yeah, but I definitely know how you feel dude, I live in New Jersey, and obviously everyone is a Giants fanatic, so I feel weird when I wear my Faulk jersey!! lol, but anyways, all my friends joke around about us being really bad and stuff, but its all in good fun, next year we'll see who's laughing, but in regards to shops or whatever, you CANNOT find rams jerseys or sweatshirts anywhere...but you can get like a michael bennett jersey! lmao who the hell is that guy!? (RB for vikings?)

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

aff15loader Guest

try living in warrensburg MO near KC..those chiefs fans that I have ran into think the rams are the worst and the chiefs are the best team ever. Also when the lucky chance of a rams or cards game coming on TV happens, they usually cut out to show a AFC game or dont show the game at all. I just want the rams to beat em during preseason and regular season..gotta pick up some season tickets when im living back in saint louis for this upcoming season.

bigtiger737 Guest

same here guys I'm from middle town nowhere michigan and all the poor batards here love the Lions lol.. That's why I come here a couple times a day go rams

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Okay, this might be slightly off-topic, but if you want to talk about respect, I feel pretty slighted that on NFL.com they've got a poll running about which first-year head coach is going to get the most wins in '06. So far about 44,000 votes and Childress, Kubiak, Payton, and McCarthy have all got more than Linehan. I mean, c'mon, that means they're basically picking the Texans and Saints to get more wins than we do. The Texans for crying out loud! Can't get no respect.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The only time the Rams get respect is when they have a season where they smack some respect into our opponents.

I live in SW MO and here it is Chiefs, Cowboys, Broncos, and to a lesser extent Raiders, Packers, and Bears. The Rams fall somewhere in the mix. It's not that there aren't plenty of Rams fans, it's that we aren't as big of a bunch of sphincters as the other teams' fans. Even the media (KSFX and KOLR) put the Rams at the bottom of the list.

HUbison and SFC.....it's almost time to send those e-mails to Dan Lucy at KSFX and KOLR about the pre-empted Rams games again....

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hang in there, Sanantonio! :clanram: "Remember the RAMS!"

Hopefully this season we will be able to prove ourselves and earn respect everywhere.

Welcome to the Clan, Aff15loader!

realchamp11 Guest

i Feel your pain too. I also live in texas and ur right they dont get any kind of respect from the media or the people. But after this season i think it will be diffrent!!!!!!!!!!!!

:1:

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

I live in Ohio and they never talk about them it's all "who 'dey"

MSRamman Guest

better "who dey" than "who dat"!!! Try getting a constant diet of SAINTS media... that'll drive you to drinking....

bigredman Guest

:sad:
    Wahhhhhhh, Wahhhhhhhh, Wahhhhhhh

Try living in Northern California, where its forty whiners this, and forty whiners that. I swear it makes me sick...Oh and every game of theirs on network TV (main reason I got Direct TV with the NFL package).

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MSRamman
    better "who dey" than "who dat"!!! Try getting a constant diet of SAINTS media... that'll drive you to drinking....
    I lived among them for twelve years. I can sympathize.
    Recent years were the worst. Especially since we haven't exactly faired very well against them in the past 3-4 years.

I live in Austin and work with a bunch of Cowtoy fans. The absolute worst is listening them comment on how the Rams are soft. Honestly, when we beat them this past year it wasn't even that gratifying. All I heard was BS about them not even putting forth their best effort because they were already mathematically eliminated.

Not to mentioned I live in NoCal for several years....

I feel all your pains....................:up:

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Try living in so cal where there is alot of Ram support, where every day I see Rams Jerseys and Hats. I mean its like everyone likes them gosh it sucks. Oh wait I dont belong in this thread sorry.

I lived seven years in Rocklin Ca where the Niners would practice during the summer. I would see Joe Montanna on the golf course by my house. I wonder if they still practice there? It is so nice to be back in Socal where I do not see as much whiner crap. The weird thing is though that is what they sell at my Wal Mart, that and Chargers.