Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: restricted free agents....hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by fred10licious
    traded the rights for crouch to the packers for a 3 and traded Gordon to Fins for a 2 so thats not so bad. but your right FORGET BRIAN ALLEN
    Actually, I believe we cut Crouch, ie. we got nothing for him. Gordon was traded for a 3rd round, which was a steal for the Rams. And as mentioned Allen was taken in the '02 expansion.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

fred10licious is offline Registered User

right but after we cut crouch because he had signed his contract we still had his rights. no team could use him that season. much like the bo jackson re-entering the draft the following year situation. the packers then had to give us a 3, that might of even been per the NFL, but then he went there to play QB but that didnt work either.

but i think your right about gordon.

the packers then had to give us a 3
    So who did we get with that 3?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

If you are talking about a comp pick it wasn't for Crouch, one you do not get comp pcks for players that were cut, and two we have not recieved a third roudn comp pick ever that I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by serkicker32
    If you are talking about a comp pick it wasn't for Crouch, one you do not get comp pcks for players that were cut, and two we have not recieved a third roudn comp pick ever that I can recall.
    In '94, the LA Rams took Ernest Jones with the 35th pick (6th comp. pick) of the 3rd round.

But other than that, I don't recall any 3rd round comps either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12