Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Return to LA for Rams?

Mikey is offline Registered User

Re: Return to LA for Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    Regardless of Stan's plans to move (or not move) the team, I doubt this 60 acre plot has anything to do with it. I've never seen a stadium and thought "man, that's a good place to put a Wal-Mart" Wal-Mart typically builds near residential areas, Stadiums are either built in downtow urban areas or outside the suburbs where there aren't neighborhoods to piss off.

Besides, if LA truely has multiple plans to build a stadium if a team relocated there, why would Stan take the time, effort, and money to build his own?
    Because Stan likes to own or be a part owner of his stadiums.

punahou is offline Registered User

where there's smoke, there's fire.
    I'd be ecstatic for a return to LA-- and with new moves usually new branding will accompany it.

So here's a vote to re-brand the Rams to what they were-- LA and the return to Blue and Yellow team colors =)
    LA Rammer likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    I'd be ecstatic for a return to LA-- and with new moves usually new branding will accompany it.

So here's a vote to re-brand the Rams to what they were-- LA and the return to Blue and Yellow team colors =)
    Ummmm for us old time RAMS fans we prefer the Blue & White uniforms.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Not saying it's going to happen, but the NFL has longed looked at the Hollywood Park
    property as prime real estate for a stadium in LA.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Ummmm for us old time RAMS fans we prefer the Blue & White uniforms.
    hehe -- well you are obviously older than I-- Merlon Olson and Company were gone by the time I was able to figure out the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers were my teams of choice.
    citr92 likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

hehe -- well you are obviously older than I-- Merlon Olson and Company were gone by the time I was able to figure out the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers were my teams of choice.
    Rams, Dodgers and Lakers for me as well.
    citr92 likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Just before 10 a.m. Friday, Kevin Demoff, the executive vice president of Rams operations, sent this statement to the Post-Dispatch:

"While we can confirm media reports that we recently purchased land in Inglewood, as a private company we don't typically discuss our plans for commercial or residential investments. We have yet to decide what we are going to do with the property but we will look at all options, as we do with all our properties."

Ball is in your court Governor Nixon
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-31-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Uh oh.....a billionaire land developer bought land next to a major redevelopment of Hollywood Park.........couldn't be anything but a stadium! I quit going to Laker games because of where the Forum was located, and this is directly across the street.

In other news, in off-hand comments, said billionaire land developer and winery owner mentioned his taste for Port and that he frequently buys land. Awesome.....Portland is getting a NFL team!
    Last edited by Richbert88; -01-31-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    Semper Fi!

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Just before 10 a.m. Friday, Kevin Demoff, the executive vice president of Rams operations, sent this statement to the Post-Dispatch:

"While we can confirm media reports that we recently purchased land in Inglewood, as a private company we don't typically discuss our plans for commercial or residential investments. We have yet to decide what we are going to do with the property but we will look at all options, as we do with all our properties."

Ball is in your court Governor Nixon
    Welcome to Rams Park Inglewood, new training camp facility for the St Louis Rams!

Rambos is offline Registered User

So why would a billionaire real estate developer who owns many sports teams have Kevin Demoff, one of the executives from the Rams comment on this? While we can confirm media reports that we recently purchased land in Inglewood, what with the we stuff. Does Demoff, fire off emails in regards to other ventures outside of the Rams. They are sending a message to the Governor to open talks. The Rams did not buys this so why is Demoff using the word WE?

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    Regardless of Stan's plans to move (or not move) the team, I doubt this 60 acre plot has anything to do with it. I've never seen a stadium and thought "man, that's a good place to put a Wal-Mart" Wal-Mart typically builds near residential areas, Stadiums are either built in downtow urban areas or outside the suburbs where there aren't neighborhoods to piss off.

Besides, if LA truely has multiple plans to build a stadium if a team relocated there, why would Stan take the time, effort, and money to build his own?
    Let me preface the following with this, I do not care if the Rams stay in STL or move to LA. I live in Minneapolis, and I have to travel either way.

First of all, for years the Rams played in the Coliseum. It bordered a residential area, and not a very good one at that (much was cleared away before the olympics). To be honest, as far as infrastructure goes, the Inglewood site is a great spot for a stadium.

I think IF Mr. Kroenke had a desire to move to LA, building his own stadium (ala Jerry Jones) might just pay off. AEG wants partial ownership of a Farmers Field team. The City of Industry site means he shares a good chunk of revenue with the stadium owners, and he's back in a position of having to beg for upgrades, a new stadium, or having to consider moving again. I'm sure Mr. Kroenke has had conversations with Jerry Jones, and potentially the NFL about building his own stadium. He would also be building good will with the taxpayers by paying for his own stadium, at least for now. If the NFL then grants his stadium a Superbowl, Mr Kroenke stands to make a pretty penny. Not to mention the increased value of the team if they relocate to LA, and the additional revenue streams involved in being THE NFL presence in LA. If the NFL wants another team in LA, they can always ask Mr. Kroenke about lease options. There is very little downside to this move. Our owner wants to build a huge sports empire; he wants to be a big dog. He's going to be a much bigger dog in the country's 2nd largest TV market opposed to STL, which is ranked 21st (Nielsen rankings).

If this is a bargaining chip, I say well played. He loses nothing. He gets the upgrades he wants to EJD, or a new taxpayer-paid-for stadium in STL, or he moves the team. If he gets what he wants from STL, he can build something else on the 60 acres, or sell it (likely for a profit).
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Rams, Dodgers and Lakers for me as well.
    likewise

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Stan Kroenke owns about 52 acres of prime land right on the corner of US Highway 60 and US Highway 160, about two miles east of my house. There is plenty of room for parking. Is he planning on building a stadium in Springfield?

No. Instead, he built a Sam's Club, a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, a Freddy's Restaurant, and an Academy Sports. He is also selling part of the land - and leasing other parts. It's called "investment" property for a reason - he picked up land cheaply, improved it, and is making a profit.

I'm 100% positive that this is what the entire LA land purchase is about.
    Rammed likes this.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    So why would a billionaire real estate developer who owns many sports teams have Kevin Demoff, one of the executives from the Rams comment on this? While we can confirm media reports that we recently purchased land in Inglewood, what with the we stuff. Does Demoff, fire off emails in regards to other ventures outside of the Rams. They are sending a message to the Governor to open talks. The Rams did not buys this so why is Demoff using the word WE?
    I was thinking the same thing Rambos, I found it quite curious that Kevin Demoff made the statement.

Now, let me address the "Ghetto" of the Hollywood Park Area. Yes, Inglewood has trouble spots, but not as bad as it used to be. The Forum has just been renovated, quite nicely I might add and there are also some really nice neighborhoods in Inglewood. For those that don't know LA history, it was once an upscale suburb of Los Angeles. The cemetery would have no bearing as far as keeping people away in my opinion since it is a natural part of any large metropolitan area. People should also consider that there will be a lot of money spent on the new development, so there will be a huge push to continue making it a nice area, much like LA and Figueroa St between the Staples Center and Downtown. Add to that, a second Chinese investor just dropped 150 million on more property downtown after the 200 million dollar sale a week ago. The point of all this? There is a huge amount of money flowing into LA and not much in St. Louis. Again, the decision is Stan's to make, but I do believe making money for him is more than just a hobby.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Mikey is offline Registered User

Speaking of the Moon. Anybody see Hekkers twitter about Rams to LA?

"People are buying into this move to LA talk way too much. Stan looked at the moon the other night...pretty sure were going there #MoonRams"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast