Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Return to LA for Rams?

  1. #31
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,675
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    I saw a report that said it was a representative of the Kroenke Group that actually made the statement, not Demoff.

    Attributing the statement to Demoff was apparently a rumor started by a hopeful LA fan.


  2. #32
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,347
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I saw a report that said it was a representative of the Kroenke Group that actually made the statement, not Demoff.

    Attributing the statement to Demoff was apparently a rumor started by a hopeful LA fan.
    That makes sense, was kind of strange having the Rams make that statement. It was the ost-Dispatch that made the claim he sent it to them, not a LA Ran hopeful. They need to correct that it true.
    Last edited by Rambos; -02-01-2014 at 01:04 PM.

  3. #33
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,675
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    That make sense, was kind of strange having the Rams make that statement. It was the ost-Dispatch that made the claim he sent it to them, not a LA Ran hopeful. They need to correct that it true.
    According to a post on KSDK.com:
    On Friday, the Kroenke Organizations released the following statement: "As real estate developers, the Kroenke Organizations are involved in numerous real estate deals across the country and North America. While we can confirm media reports that we recently purchased land in Inglewood, as a private company we don't typically discuss our plans for commercial or residential investments. We have yet to decide what we are going to do with the property but we will look at all options, as we do with all of our properties."

  4. #34
    GroundChuck's Avatar
    GroundChuck is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Speaking of the Moon. Anybody see Hekkers twitter about Rams to LA?

    "People are buying into this move to LA talk way too much. Stan looked at the moon the other night...pretty sure were going there #MoonRams"
    TBH, I highly doubt a player much less a punter knows what's going on internally in the Rams organization.

  5. #35
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    I like MoonRams!
    laram0 and KoaKoi like this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  6. #36
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,425
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    At this point in time, the only thing that is certain is that Mr Kroenke is the ONLY person who can state, with any certainty, what his intentions are. For Bernie, or anyone else to state that they know anything, or that STL has nothing to worry about, or that LA fans should start lining up for season tickets is laughable.
    MoonJoe likes this.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  7. #37
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    At this point in time, the only thing that is certain is that Mr Kroenke is the ONLY person who can state, with any certainty, what his intentions are. For Bernie, or anyone else to state that they know anything, or that STL has nothing to worry about, or that LA fans should start lining up for season tickets is laughable.
    100% correct!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  8. #38
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,347
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    According to a post on KSDK.com:
    On Friday, the Kroenke Organization(s) released the following statement: "As real estate developers, the Kroenke Organizations are involved in numerous real estate deals across the country and North America. While we can confirm media reports that we recently purchased land in Inglewood, as a private company we don't typically discuss our plans for commercial or residential investments. We have yet to decide what we are going to do with the property but we will look at all options, as we do with all of our properties."

    So all of them released this statement? Did the Arsenal? Or the Nuggets? I know this sounds petty but I'm still not sure why the Rams and Demoff are tied to the statement.

  9. #39
    GroundChuck's Avatar
    GroundChuck is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    On Friday, the Kroenke Organization(s) released the following statement: "As real estate developers, the Kroenke Organizations are involved in numerous real estate deals across the country and North America. While we can confirm media reports that we recently purchased land in Inglewood, as a private company we don't typically discuss our plans for commercial or residential investments. We have yet to decide what we are going to do with the property but we will look at all options, as we do with all of our properties."

    So all of them released this statement? Did the Arsenal? Or the Nuggets? I know this sounds petty but I'm still not sure why the Rams and Demoff are tied to the statement.
    Probably because the speculation focuses on the Rams.

  10. #40
    GroundChuck's Avatar
    GroundChuck is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    More to chew on from the LA Times today:

    By Bill Plaschke

    For the last 19 years, for many Southland football fans, Super Bowl Sunday has also been Super Strange Sunday.
    It is the one day of the year, maybe the only day of the year, when it feels truly odd and isolating that Los Angeles does not have an NFL team.

    It can be disenchanting to watch America's biggest sporting event while realizing that America's second-largest city, your city, doesn't have a chance to be in that game. None of the Denver Broncos or Seattle Seahawks ever played for your pro team, or played against your pro team, or even played a pro game in your city. On this closest thing to a national sports holiday, sometimes it feels like Los Angeles is a different country.

    One can watch the World Series and say, "If the Dodgers get out of that third inning in St. Louis, they are there." One can watch this Super Bowl and say, well, what? It may be America's game, but it's not quite Los Angeles' game, which makes the timing of this week's hot real estate scoop exquisite.

    In a story by The Times' Sam Farmer, it was revealed that Stan Kroenke, owner of the St. Louis Rams, has quietly purchased 60 acres of parking lot between the Forum and Hollywood Park. It is small spot for a stadium, but a legitimate and already NFL-endorsed spot for a stadium, with surrounding areas available for further purchase.

    While most reports involving the NFL's potential return to Los Angeles over the last 19 years have been a bunch of hooey, there is one obvious reason that this one actually feels real. After nearly two decades of reading about Los Angeles rich guys courting NFL rich guys, this is the first time that a current NFL owner has actually made a real investment in courting us.

    This is not Phil Anschutz or Ed Roski wrapping a stadium proposal in roses and delivering it to an owner's door. This is not some politician flying to New York to decorate the league office with Hollywood brochures and surf reports.

    The motto on luring a team to Los Angeles has always been taken straight from the movies: "If you build it, they will come." Well, guess what. This is a guy who is coming before it is built, and acting like he could build it himself.

    Kroenke won't comment on the report, but his intentions seems clear. He bought the property under the name of a corporation created specifically for that purchase, and while he tried to keep everyone else in the dark, he told the league he was buying the land.

    Certainly, one could be excused for immediately thinking this is a leverage ploy for Kroenke to get a better stadium deal in St. Louis. In fact, Los Angeles has spent the last 19 years as nothing but a league leverage ploy. Jim Irsay, owner of the Indianapolis Colts, once parked his horseshoe-adorned plane in a Van Nuys airport for several weeks while he was negotiating a new stadium deal. The Chargers actually held training camp in Carson during some tenuous moments with government officials in San Diego.

    But no NFL owner has yet stomped a footprint like this, using real money — $90 million by some estimates — to purchase a real spot for an NFL stadium. Kroenke's spot is not only real, but it's already been basically approved by the NFL. Remember, Al Davis was literally moments from closing a deal to build a stadium at Hollywood Park before he dragged the Raiders out of town.

    Kroenke, a billionaire, also gains credibility by owning a current stadium lease that can end within a year without legal ramifications, by playing in a St. Louis market that ranks in the bottom four in league attendance, and by having enough money to bring a team here without the government support that Los Angeles will smartly withhold.

    Finally, and everyone here already knows this, is there any other current team that would be welcomed back here with greater excitement than the Rams? With all due respect to the huge number of Raiders fans who still fill those autumn Sunday morning Southwest flights from Burbank to Oakland, Los Angeles was a Rams town for 33 years and could quickly become one again.

    The facts are timeworn, but worth a quick retelling. The Rams brought Los Angeles its first professional sports championship in 1951 by defeating the Cleveland Browns, 24-17, at the Coliseum in the first professional football game televised nationwide. Fielding teams with flashy quarterbacks like Roman Gabriel and defense like "the Fearsome Foursome," the Rams continued to be the toast of Hollywood until they foolishly departed for Anaheim after the 1979 season.

    More than any other current NFL franchise, the Rams would be the perfect fit here, and every NFL owner knows it. Of course, every Los Angeles pro football fan knows the roadblocks faced by the Rams, because we've heard it all before.

    Can they meet league relocation guidelines that include good-faith negotiations with St. Louis? Could they deal with potential LAX flight path restrictions, with environmental issues, with parking and traffic problems?


    The bottom line is, even if Kroenke wanted to move the Rams back to the home they never should have left, would the NFL approve it? Well, if you believe those papers on those 60 acres in Inglewood, he's already started to move them.

    While the Broncos should beat the Seahawks by two touchdowns Sunday, predicting the future of football in Los Angeles is much more difficult. But at least it's a game again.




    Rams returning to L.A. is not super farfetched - latimes.com

  11. #41
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,675
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    More to chew on from the LA Times today:

    By Bill Plaschke

    For the last 19 years, for many Southland football fans, Super Bowl Sunday has also been Super Strange Sunday.
    It is the one day of the year, maybe the only day of the year, when it feels truly odd and isolating that Los Angeles does not have an NFL team.

    It can be disenchanting to watch America's biggest sporting event while realizing that America's second-largest city, your city, doesn't have a chance to be in that game. None of the Denver Broncos or Seattle Seahawks ever played for your pro team, or played against your pro team, or even played a pro game in your city. On this closest thing to a national sports holiday, sometimes it feels like Los Angeles is a different country.

    One can watch the World Series and say, "If the Dodgers get out of that third inning in St. Louis, they are there." One can watch this Super Bowl and say, well, what? It may be America's game, but it's not quite Los Angeles' game, which makes the timing of this week's hot real estate scoop exquisite.

    In a story by The Times' Sam Farmer, it was revealed that Stan Kroenke, owner of the St. Louis Rams, has quietly purchased 60 acres of parking lot between the Forum and Hollywood Park. It is small spot for a stadium, but a legitimate and already NFL-endorsed spot for a stadium, with surrounding areas available for further purchase.

    While most reports involving the NFL's potential return to Los Angeles over the last 19 years have been a bunch of hooey, there is one obvious reason that this one actually feels real. After nearly two decades of reading about Los Angeles rich guys courting NFL rich guys, this is the first time that a current NFL owner has actually made a real investment in courting us.

    This is not Phil Anschutz or Ed Roski wrapping a stadium proposal in roses and delivering it to an owner's door. This is not some politician flying to New York to decorate the league office with Hollywood brochures and surf reports.

    The motto on luring a team to Los Angeles has always been taken straight from the movies: "If you build it, they will come." Well, guess what. This is a guy who is coming before it is built, and acting like he could build it himself.

    Kroenke won't comment on the report, but his intentions seems clear. He bought the property under the name of a corporation created specifically for that purchase, and while he tried to keep everyone else in the dark, he told the league he was buying the land.

    Certainly, one could be excused for immediately thinking this is a leverage ploy for Kroenke to get a better stadium deal in St. Louis. In fact, Los Angeles has spent the last 19 years as nothing but a league leverage ploy. Jim Irsay, owner of the Indianapolis Colts, once parked his horseshoe-adorned plane in a Van Nuys airport for several weeks while he was negotiating a new stadium deal. The Chargers actually held training camp in Carson during some tenuous moments with government officials in San Diego.

    But no NFL owner has yet stomped a footprint like this, using real money — $90 million by some estimates — to purchase a real spot for an NFL stadium. Kroenke's spot is not only real, but it's already been basically approved by the NFL. Remember, Al Davis was literally moments from closing a deal to build a stadium at Hollywood Park before he dragged the Raiders out of town.

    Kroenke, a billionaire, also gains credibility by owning a current stadium lease that can end within a year without legal ramifications, by playing in a St. Louis market that ranks in the bottom four in league attendance, and by having enough money to bring a team here without the government support that Los Angeles will smartly withhold.

    Finally, and everyone here already knows this, is there any other current team that would be welcomed back here with greater excitement than the Rams? With all due respect to the huge number of Raiders fans who still fill those autumn Sunday morning Southwest flights from Burbank to Oakland, Los Angeles was a Rams town for 33 years and could quickly become one again.

    The facts are timeworn, but worth a quick retelling. The Rams brought Los Angeles its first professional sports championship in 1951 by defeating the Cleveland Browns, 24-17, at the Coliseum in the first professional football game televised nationwide. Fielding teams with flashy quarterbacks like Roman Gabriel and defense like "the Fearsome Foursome," the Rams continued to be the toast of Hollywood until they foolishly departed for Anaheim after the 1979 season.

    More than any other current NFL franchise, the Rams would be the perfect fit here, and every NFL owner knows it. Of course, every Los Angeles pro football fan knows the roadblocks faced by the Rams, because we've heard it all before.

    Can they meet league relocation guidelines that include good-faith negotiations with St. Louis? Could they deal with potential LAX flight path restrictions, with environmental issues, with parking and traffic problems?


    The bottom line is, even if Kroenke wanted to move the Rams back to the home they never should have left, would the NFL approve it? Well, if you believe those papers on those 60 acres in Inglewood, he's already started to move them.

    While the Broncos should beat the Seahawks by two touchdowns Sunday, predicting the future of football in Los Angeles is much more difficult. But at least it's a game again.




    Rams returning to L.A. is not super farfetched - latimes.com
    ...and in other news, Elvis was seen working at the Hoboken K-Mart, Bubba Joe Billy Bob Bussard got abducted by a UFO (again), and you CAN trust the government.

    Of course, proof and verification of all of the above are not available from anyone; only rumors, speculation, and tall tales can be found - but, that seems to be enough for some people.

  12. #42
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,672
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Ummmm for us old time RAMS fans we prefer the Blue & White uniforms.
    Actually, I consider myself an "old time" Rams fan, but I like the current uniforms best of all. All white on the road, and all blue at home.

  13. #43
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,723
    Rep Power
    129

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Unless you've flown into L.A. you wouldn't know. I've lived in Inglewood and Fly into L.A. all the time. There is more than enough room to build a Stadium there. The question would be would the FAA allow it.
    This is a great point IMO. I too have flown into LAX dozens of times, and the flight path goes directly over the land Kroenke purchased. In this day and age, there is virtually no chance Kroenke, or anyone else is ever going to build a new stadium where low flying aircraft are directly above on a consistent basis. The same issue came up in Phoenix when a new stadium was in the works. Tempe, which is just outside of Phoenix, and directly in Sky Harbor's flight path, desperately wanted the new stadium, but were denied because of issues with the FAA.

    I just don't see a stadium being built on the land Kroenke purchased, and would be shocked if it was.
    laram0 likes this.

  14. #44
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,347
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This is a great point IMO. I too have flown into LAX dozens of times, and the flight path goes directly over the land Kroenke purchased. In this day and age, there is virtually no chance Kroenke, or anyone else is ever going to build a new stadium where low flying aircraft are directly above on a consistent basis. The same issue came up in Phoenix when a new stadium was in the works. Tempe, which is just outside of Phoenix, and directly in Sky Harbor's flight path, desperately wanted the new stadium, but were denied because of issues with the FAA.

    I just don't see a stadium being built on the land Kroenke purchased, and would be shocked if it was.
    I wonder how the Forum and Hollywood track got away with it for so many years?.... They are virtually in the same flight path. I'm not sure that the Rams will move into the land there, but I'm sure the Rams are coming home. The league wants it, the majority of the NFL fans want it (based on a recent pool on ESPN) and I think Stan wants it.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  15. #45
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,723
    Rep Power
    129

    Re: Return to LA for Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I wonder how the Forum and Hollywood track got away with it for so many years?.... They are virtually in the same flight path. I'm not sure that the Rams will move into the land there, but I'm sure the Rams are coming home. The league wants it, the majority of the NFL fans want it (based on a recent pool on ESPN) and I think Stan wants it.
    The Forum and Hollywood Park were built in a different time, before intensified concerns about air safety, and the threats we have now. Look at security for tonight's game. It's crazy. You can't get within miles of the stadium without a ticket.

    Just my opinion, but again, I don't see any stadium being built anywhere in a major airports flight path.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kick Return / Punt Return
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-25-2013, 06:52 AM
  2. PD: Mikell not likely to return to Rams
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -07-21-2013, 09:55 PM
  3. Rams are set for Steussie's return
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -11-20-2007, 08:29 PM
  4. Coakley will return to Rams
    By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: -02-23-2006, 02:01 PM
  5. Martz should return to the Rams because
    By CRAZYHORNS in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -11-02-2005, 05:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •