Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Return to LA for Rams?

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Re: Return to LA for Rams?

duplicate post
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -02-05-2014 at 06:05 PM.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

I am bias and i would like the rams to return to LA since Georgia moved them to STL her home. Ive never been to a live rams game yet in my life, finance which prohibits buying 450 round trips from Vegas to St.louis, which will change soon if i get a new job. I would gladly go to St.Louis.

Lets look at this from a business standpoint. Lakers are on the down right now, possibly throwing the season to rebuild the the team. Kobe Bryant is getting old and will probably be retiring soon. Dodgers are now pretty much owned by Magic, and are doing well, as well as sales for the team. LA is looking to put money into another sports team and have plans and are talking to build a stadium to attract another sports team. This news has been buzzing for a while in LA which i hear constantly from my father who lives in Pasadena. Lakers probably will not be good for about 2 -3 seasons more as they are likely to get rid of Pau Gasol to get younger.

In the next 2 years It would only make sense for the Rams to move to a place like LA, which loves sports and loves championships. St. Louis has not since ran a deal nor looks like at the current time to want to renovate the Edward Jones Dome. This could change, but It's not a bad business decision to move the Rams to LA. If I was the owner I would do it. Although the league would have to vote it through and I already know that the Chargers will vote against it. Seattle, San Francisco, and Cardinals Franchises travel when playing them will save money and time ; making the NFC west a true west coast division winning our votes with them possibly. This also cuts costs for the team, and makes playing closer to home a more comfortable one by not having to travel all the way from the Lou. Why wouldn't a business man like Stan move the team to LA when there currently is a vacancy, and a town that is willing to support their teams? St. Louis Fans have shown more interest in cardinal games when teams like the bears come to town, we blow them out but yet 1/3 of the seats are filled by bears fans, Or Kuhn roars when Green Bay shows up. I say its a smart move to go to LA when we are on a possible rise and the Lakers are on a possible down, just from a business standpoint. But who knows? Right now its all just speculation and possiblities.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -02-05-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Rambos is online now Registered User

St. Louis Business Journal Morning Edition
    Feb 5, 2014

Does MLS have other ideas for Kroenke's L.A. land?

Stan Kroenke

Staff St. Louis Business Journal

Stan Kroenke reportedly is planning to buy a new Major League Soccer license to create a team to be based in Los Angeles.

The team would be a sister team to the London-based Arsenal, in which Kroenke owns a controlling stake, Metro reports.

Kroenke reportedly has been given the green light to name the new team the "LA Gunners."

Kroenke's recent purchase of 60 acres of land in the Los Angeles area has set off speculation in the U.S. about whether he plans to build a new stadium there to be home to the St. Louis Rams.

In a column yesterday, L.A. Times NFL writer Sam Farmer said that the land purchase is not just a power play by Kroenke to try to get a better deal to keep the Rams in St. Louis. Farmer says that while Kroenke does want St. Louis to make a more competitive offer, he also loves L.A. “Kroenke isn’t bluffing,” he says. “This is no joke.

Yeah sure I'm building a stadium but it's for my soccer team that does not even exist. And if it does want a "soccer team" he wants it in the LA market?
    Last edited by Rambos; -02-06-2014 at 02:11 PM.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

The billionaire sports mogul wants to move the Rams back to California and start a Major League Soccer team called the Los Angeles Gunners, according to an anonymous tipster quoted in The Sun. That 60 acre plot of land Kroenke recently purchased would be the site of a 75,000-seat stadium.

Stan Kroenke.
    Living up to the nickname Silent Stan, Kroenke hasn't said a word since declaring to the NFL that he bought land suited for a stadium. The purchase set off a frenzy in St. Louis, the city Kroenke could leave if he doesn't get the millions of dollars he wants to build a new stadium.

Follow Lindsay Toler on Twitter at @StLouisLindsay. E-mail the author at Lindsay.Toler@RiverfrontTimes.com.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Did you guys know that before the Rams moved to town, there was another team that was purchased by another St. Louis businessman who wanted a team to move to St. Louis? And almost did, were it not for his inability to get the team out of its lease agreement.

Try this one on for size.........the St. Louis Patriots.

It almost happened 3 years prior to the St. Louis Rams. Just a little trivia for you.
    Rambos likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

I love that the LA Times writer says, it's a good bet the Rams might be coming back to LA, although granted its not as easy of a bet than one on the outcome of the upcoming super bowl, where the Broncos are gonna win by 14 points.

BWAHAHA Way to show your prowess at "speculation" dude. Call the psychic hotline and get your money back slick

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Stan Kroenke.
    Amazing how a guy who's worth billions could look as if he has a 2 dollar haircut

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    St. Louis Business Journal Morning Edition
    Feb 5, 2014

Does MLS have other ideas for Kroenke's L.A. land?

Stan Kroenke

Staff St. Louis Business Journal

Stan Kroenke reportedly is planning to buy a new Major League Soccer license to create a team to be based in Los Angeles.

The team would be a sister team to the London-based Arsenal, in which Kroenke owns a controlling stake, Metro reports.

Kroenke reportedly has been given the green light to name the new team the "LA Gunners."

Kroenke's recent purchase of 60 acres of land in the Los Angeles area has set off speculation in the U.S. about whether he plans to build a new stadium there to be home to the St. Louis Rams.

In a column yesterday, L.A. Times NFL writer Sam Farmer said that the land purchase is not just a power play by Kroenke to try to get a better deal to keep the Rams in St. Louis. Farmer says that while Kroenke does want St. Louis to make a more competitive offer, he also loves L.A. “Kroenke isn’t bluffing,” he says. “This is no joke.

Yeah sure I'm building a stadium but it's for my soccer team that does not even exist. And if it does want a "soccer team" he wants it in the LA market?
    Remember that Soccer in Europe is called FOOTBALL. MLS is just Kroenke code for NFL FOOTBALL team.
    Therefore the land is for the Rams new home.

Nuff said, Im buying season luxury box tickets- see you guys there!
    LA Rammer likes this.

RealRam is online now Registered User

With permission from GroundChuck, if I may, here are a couple of videos of some of the winning years, memories and games when the Rams were in L.A. They had some very strong, very successful teams; alas, just shy of the Super Bowl in 1967 and '69 -- undefeated through their first 11 games that year.

WINNING SEASONS IN L.A.

* 1946-55: 74W - 38L - 7T ... (12 game regular seasons; NFL Champions, 1951)
    * 1966-80: 149W- 60L - 7T... (14 game regular seasons from '66-77; 16 games from '78-80)
    * 1983-89: 67W - 44L .......... (16 game regular seasons)

TOTAL: 290W - 142L - 14T ... (21 playoff years)

If you look carefully, you'll find snippets of DEs Fred Dryer and Jack Youngblood at the beginning of there fine NFL careers, as well as LB Isiah Robertson, S Dave Elmendorf, et al.

I hope you enjoy these images as a breather during this time of the year!

[ Sorry, some of the video below is of low, low definition! ]

Further viewing on YT: 1967 - LA Rams Yearbook. Recommended.

Last edited by RealRam; -02-13-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Records

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Did you guys know that before the Rams moved to town, there was another team that was purchased by another St. Louis businessman who wanted a team to move to St. Louis? And almost did, were it not for his inability to get the team out of its lease agreement.

Try this one on for size.........the St. Louis Patriots.

It almost happened 3 years prior to the St. Louis Rams. Just a little trivia for you.
    Also if we did have the St. Louis Patriots there were rumors that we would have had the New England Rams. Gillette Stadium is 20 minutes from where I live....DANG!!!!

RealRam is online now Registered User

One last highlight video of the 1969 L. A. Rams, the year they won their first 11 regular season games and the Roman General was elected league MVP. Here they win the season opener 27-20 over the Baltimore Colts in their house.

- - - - Return to LA for Rams?-myron-pottios-1a.jpg

NFL' 50th anniversary commemorative jersey patch worn in 1969 on the player's left shoulder top. Pictured are Rams OG Mike LaHood (Rams rookie that year, also played in '71-72), and MLB Myron Pottios (Rams 1966-70). Clic on No. 66 to enlarge image.

Anytime one's team would beat the Baltimore Colts with Johnny Unitas as their QB, that was a major feat. The Colts were the 1968 NFL Champions and made it to SB III but were defeated in a memorable upset by Joe Namath and the Jets, AFL Champions (when Namath 'guaranteed' a victory).

WARNING: music is cornyeeeee Go-Go. Nice to hear the voice of the great Pat Summerall however. Again, video clarity is poor -- can barely see aforementioned patch -- but enough to appreciate the plays.

Last edited by RealRam; -02-14-2014 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Date

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    New England Rams
    think i just threw up in my mouth
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234