bruce4life is offline Registered User

Rey Maualuga....

I'm a die hard USC fan guys and even though people may think Rey will be a stud in the NFL i don't think so for some reason. For one He is on one of the best USC defenses of all time so he is helped out by a superior supporting cast. Two, when opposing offensives pound the ball inside like Oregon State did he didnt play as well...

what do you guys think

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Re: Rey Maualuga....

He will be great in the NFL, but we are picking much too high to consider taking him. If we were selecting lower, he would definitely be a possibility. You just don't select a MLB over an OT, CB or QB in the top three of the draft unless you are getting the next Ray Lewis. Sorry, not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Bald_81; -12-02-2008 at 10:58 PM.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I like him, but for our team right now we don't just need a play maker... we need a LEADER. Someone vocal and passionate. Not saying he doesn't play with lots of heart or anything but The Rams are in desperate need of a leader and MLB is the ideal position for that leader. I just don't see him as this type of player. However if he is there in round 2, pick 2 (my guess at our pick) I would grab him in a second.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    However if he is there in round 2, pick 2 (my guess at our pick) I would grab him in a second.
    Uhh.. there is next to no way in Gehenna that a player like this slips into the 2nd round. He is rated as a top 10 pick in every board that I've seen so far. At the place we are currently projected to pick there is not much chance we take him unless we trade down a bit.

WHAT SAY YE?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Barring some kind of freak work-out, I don't think he cracks the top ten. Also, it wouldn't be incredibly unusual for a highly regarded college linebacker to slip a little bit as the draft ultimately nears. At one point Paul Posluszny was getting some Top 10-15 attention and slipped into the second round. Just last year some Rams fans were ecstatic about possibly getting Dan Connor in the second round, and he slipped all the way into the third. I don't envision that kind of fall for Rey, but a lot can happen between now and then.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I can definitely see him falling to the late teens, maybe even into the 20s, although I'm basing this on last year's draft, when there were far more top o-lineman than there are this year.

It all depends on the Jaguars and Chargers, who will probably both be looking at ILBs this year.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

The only way i see it is if we trade back up or somehow acquire another pick. Oher, Smith, and Jenkins are on my radar right. Stafford is interesting if the new coach wants his own franchise QB.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

At this point, I'm leaning Towards Ohio State's James Lauranitais turning out to become the better Pro. I've watched him play and he's always around the ball. He takes good angles of pursuit and takes the guy down instead of always going for the big hit. I'm not taking away from Rey, who could wind up becoming the next Tatupu, who knows, but If I had to choose I'd pick James L.
    Last edited by eric2810; -12-03-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I like Maualuga but I think that we are going OT. Especially with where we will be picking.

We do need to address our MLB situation, but not with our first round pick. However, if we picked lower, I would be all over the pick.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    I'm a die hard USC fan guys and even though people may think Rey will be a stud in the NFL i don't think so for some reason. For one He is on one of the best USC defenses of all time so he is helped out by a superior supporting cast. Two, when opposing offensives pound the ball inside like Oregon State did he didnt play as well...

what do you guys think
    Any top ten team that played in the LAC 10 would be #1 defense in the nation. I can't judge anyone on that defense as to their worth only because this year and I won't say every year, but this year , the Pac 10 is so weak you can't really judge the players. The strength of schedule is a blow to what this Defense has done. So Rey.....No. We need OL real bad!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post

what do you guys think
    Bruce, I've said it before and I'll say it again he isn't even the best LB in the country, that title goes to the LB at Ohio State (or whoever wins the award for best LB this year, which will probally be him again). Now he's talented but USC allowed guys to run over them all year. I agree with the drafts so far that have him in the 11-20 range.