Like Tree68Likes

Thread: RG3 Complains Of 'Dirty Extracurriculars' vs. Rams

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

RG3 Complains Of 'Dirty Extracurriculars' vs. Rams

RG3 complains of 'dirty extracurriculars' vs. Rams

By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer l NFL.com
    Published: Sept. 19, 2012 at 04:13 p.m.

NFL defenses are learning about the innate talents of Robert Griffin III, and Robert Griffin III is learning about the innate nastiness of NFL defenses.

The Washington Redskins rookie quarterback knew they were coming for him, but RG3 was surprised by what he called "dirty extracurriculars" after the whistle in Sunday's loss to the St. Louis Rams.

Griffin told the team's official site he expected pressure, but not "unprofessional" cheap shots. "It was weird," he said. "... People want to hit me because they don't think I can take a hit."

Griffin was only sacked once in the loss, but Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar was seen pushing RG3's head down following a first-quarter pass attempt.

Dunbar's name might ring a bell. He was embroiled in the New Orleans Saints' "bounty" scandal before following suspended defensive coordinator Gregg Williams to the Rams in the offseason. Blake Williams, Gregg's son, has been integral in building the Rams' defensive game plan during his father's absence, but that's just background. This comes down to what the officials saw.

Players around the NFL are complaining about defenses testing boundaries with the replacement referees. The New York Giants recently spoke of out-of-bounds physical play seeping into games, and now they aren't alone.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: RG3 Complains Of 'Dirty Extracurriculars' vs. Rams

Welcome to the NFL RGIII.

If you don't like getting your head pushed into the ground, perhaps you can take up basket weaving or something less....physical.
    ramsbruce, rammiser, Truth and 3 others like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Sour grapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Rams wanted to get in RG3's head and it looks like they did.

To RG3, teams don't hit you cause they don't think you can take it. They hit you because you are the QB, and it messes up your game. It's not like teams avoid hitting Big Ben because he's a big body that can absorb blows.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

People want to hit you because you're the Quarterback. People want to hit you because that's their job and doing so means they make more money. People want to hit you because hitting the quarterback is really a good idea when you're playing defense. Whether you can take the hit or not is irrelevant. Defenders are coming.
    RockinRam and jsimcox like this.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

RG3 also complained during the game about the Rams tackling, although he didn't realise leading with the head when the QB becomes a runner is legal. So I think RG3 should quit moaning and toughen up.
    GolfnRAMFAN likes this.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

What a baby. He isn't the only victim on either team of cheap shots. He needs to grow a pair.
    Aussie Dave likes this.

molbio44 is offline Registered User

He plays in a division with some tough defenses. The Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys all will think they can get in his head. There were dirty plays on both sides.
    Last edited by molbio44; -09-19-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Rewording
    RamDez, AvengerRam, Rambos and 5 others like this.

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

He is however, the best QB to play the game, so people aren't allowed to touch him.
    Aussie Dave likes this.

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by molbio44 View Post
    Now the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys all know they can get in his head...
    Exactly! If he is trying to avoid being hit as hard, in the future, he sure chose the wrong strategy !

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

If the point of this article is that the game badly needs the regular zebs back, I totally agree. But if this writer or RGIII thinks Dunbar's bit of nastiness or Ojinnaka's cheap shot on Fletcher materially changed the game as much as the missed calls like the holding on Finnegan that allowed RGIII to get the edge on his first rush TD or the blatant clip after Puntimus Prime's (nice one, Tomahawk) monster boot, then I think it's just sour grapes.

Rambos is offline Registered User

He's a rookie... he was caught saying the F-word on an open mike during the game. The announcer quickly apologized. What was also caught was RG3 complaining to the Refs that the defense was leading with their heads. The announcer said hey rookie this is the NFL.

I'm telling you RG3 needs to look at how many extra shots Mike Vick takes, he get blasted all the time. There is a reason for that, defenses don't like to chase running QBs. Vick has been saying he takes more shots then other QBs for years. Well that's about too change because RG3 is going to get blasted.

Go back to the GSOT, how many times did Warner get hit after the ball was out. It's the nature of the beast. This is the one reason I would have not traded all those picks for RG3. If I needed a QB and I'm at number 2, hell yeah I draft him. To trade the farm with the injury factor I take a pass.

This year he has a pass, fans are jacked just to see him do what he does. Next year the weight of winning will start to make him take more chances and go for, the hero play. By year three they will be saying RG3 is taking to many hits. RG3 is a very good pocket passer but they took him to make plays running the ball, lets face it running backs get hurt all the time due to the punishment not sure how they feel he is any different.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-19-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    DE_Ramfan likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

This is something that has bothered me all week. I did not see a Rams team engaging in dirty play against Washington. I watched the game a second time, and didn't see anything "dirty" other than the Ojinnaka hit on Fletcher. That was it.

The personal foul penalty for hitting RG3 out of bounds was a bad call. He was dancing along the sideline trying to get the most yardage he could, and got shoved out of bounds.

The Finnegan/Morgan incident was started when Morgan jumped up right in Finnegan's face, and got pushed away. I would have done the same thing Finnegan did.

The Jenkins hit was nothing more than a good, hard-nosed football play. Jenkind didn't lead with his head, but made a big hit on Davis, who had the ball after taking a step. No penalty, no league fine.

And RG3 getting his head pushed down by Dunbar? Gee, you never see that happen, other than every game.

RG3 comes off as a cry-baby. He thinks it's "weird" that people want to hit him? Welcome to the NFL and prepare yourself for more. Maybe he should just shut up and play football, because he's putting a big bulls-eye on his chest with all his whining and fussing and broadcasting the fact that he gets rattled when opponents hit him.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

This guy sounds like Tony Romo or Tom Brady. "Waah...them mean guys in those blue uniforms pushded me down and then they gave me a boo-boo...then I cried."

Too bad. Sounds like RGIII needs to either grow up or grow a pair. It's football. Get over it.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

RGIII has handled the media spotlight well since his Heisman candidacy was announced... until now.

NFL football is a rough game. The best approach is to act like its no big deal.
    Truth likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast