Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Sosa literally argues with anything anyone says. Everyone knew RGIII was an injury risk and now rumors are surfacing he tore his pcl and acl, and that's the third knee injury he's suffered this year.

this isn't some awful assumption based on no facts. I can bring up 10 scouting reports listing RGIII reckless play and how it may lead to injuries and all are before the draft.
    I did not hear that about RG3 until now and that sucks because he is fun to watch.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    That wasn't really directed towards Bradford as much as it was directed to about 20 other QB's in this league. If I was starting a franchise today I sure as hell know hands down I'd take RG3 to be my QB.
    Ok I understand, just the way it seemed worded in the topic

I would take RG3 over a lot of QBs in the league. But I would also take Bradford over a lot of QBs too.

Rambos is offline Registered User

The Associated Press – 45 minutes ago

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Robert Griffin III will get more tests on his injured right knee after an MRI proved inconclusive because of a previous ACL tear.

Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that the rookie quarterback will travel Tuesday to see orthopedist James Andrews for more examinations.

Griffin tore his ACL while playing at Baylor in 2009, and Shanahan said sometimes an old injury can cloud the results of an MRI.

If Griffin has torn the ACL again, he would likely require a rehabilitation period of nine to 12 months, putting his status for next season in jeopardy.

Griffin reinjured his knee twice in Sunday's playoff loss to Seattle.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Even though I'm a huge fan of RGIII, I believe the Rams did the correct thing in trading the #2 pick. With holes pretty much everywhere on the roster, the Rams needed picks to build up the talent on their team. RGIII may turn out to be a superstar (and I'm pretty sure he will), but even with him the Rams would only improve a couple games & be a borderline play-off team. Keep Bradford, build up the offensive line, and surround him with talented WR's and TE's... only then will you see the record-breaking QB from the Oklahoma days.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

That wasn't really directed towards Bradford as much as it was directed to about 20 other QB's in this league. If I was starting a franchise today I sure as hell know hands down I'd take RG3 to be my QB.
    you're insane if you'd take RGIII over Luck or Wilson. Both of whom are just as good, have just as much potential but none of the injury concerns.
    PARamfan and Rammed like this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I don't believe I have read it here, but I am most pleased that we didn't pick RGme because I believe he is the kind of person that will be a cancer on the team. Did anyone else see his post-game interview? He said he felt he didn't contribute to the loss, and he would not have allowed the coaches to pull him because the team needs him to win games. WHAT!?!?!?!?

IMO, Washington wins that game if they put Cousins in as soon as they see RGme gets injured. And the longer he stayed in there, the more obvious it was that he could not help that team win.

gap
    Vinnie25 likes this.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    Since our draft I have heard people voice the opinion that it might have been a better idea for us to take RG3 instead of sticking with Bradford and a handful of high picks…. This sentiment grew as RG3 got better and the Redskins started to get hot.

Well there is a reason for RG3 was not taken with the number 1 pick and that the Rams decided to stick with Bradford. And that is that a player who plays like RG3 is just a major injury risk and might therefore be a bad long time investment as a franchise QB. This became very clear this season and especially yesterday.

Just look at Michael Vick who in my opinion is the closed thing that the league have had to RG3 so fare (even though RF3 is a more precise QB and be more mature allready). I think he only had one season where he played all games. And it was not like he gave the Falcons much playoffs success either...

On top of that a QB relaying so much on speed will not last as many years in the league as speed will decline more with age that many of the other skills that a classic pocket passer uses. Again look a Vick, he is 32 years old and he is by fare not as fast as he once where (and he even sat out a few years where his body was not getting beaten up on the field do to the dog incident). At the same time players like Brady (35), Brees (33 years), Payton Manning (36) etc. are playing some VERY decent football even at high age. So a pocket passer type of QB is a much better long term investment for a team.

Off course RG3 can probably learn to become more a pocket passer type of QB over time and play safer. Again he might not…. At least Luck and Bradford have already proven that they are that type of QB.

Personally I am still very happy about how the Rams handle the draft and the value we have already gotten for the picks. And I am sure that long term we are much better off with Bradford and a lot of talent that we will get with the extra picks than with RG3 and nothing else…. At the same time I wish RG3 all the best and I hope he becomes a superstar for many years to come, as long as he does not get in the way of any Ram's superbowl runs....
    Hindsight's a wonderful thing ain't it? Also, RGIII ain't done yet. And, btw, his team made the playoffs and failing a moronic move by his coach (keeping him in the game with a lead) he'd have a shot next week also perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    I don't believe I have read it here, but I am most pleased that we didn't pick RGme because I believe he is the kind of person that will be a cancer on the team. Did anyone else see his post-game interview? He said he felt he didn't contribute to the loss, and he would not have allowed the coaches to pull him because the team needs him to win games. WHAT!?!?!?!?

IMO, Washington wins that game if they put Cousins in as soon as they see RGme gets injured. And the longer he stayed in there, the more obvious it was that he could not help that team win.

gap
    you have no idea what you are talking about if you believe RGIII is a cancer. From all accounts he is a great young man, with a very solid head on his shoulders and a very hard worker also.

There is literally no examples of anything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Hindsight's a wonderful thing ain't it? Also, RGIII ain't done yet. And, btw, his team made the playoffs and failing a moronic move by his coach (keeping him in the game with a lead) he'd have a shot next week also perhaps.
    The Seahawks are a better team than the Skins. The likelyhood of them winning that game with Cousins playing is very small

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

you have no idea what you are talking about if you believe RGIII is a cancer. From all accounts he is a great young man, with a very solid head on his shoulders and a very hard worker also.

There is literally no examples of anything you said.
    Except in the post-game interview. I will believe my ears and eyes before I will believe media hype. E. V. E. R. Y. T. I. M. E.

gap
    Rammed likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

The Seahawks are a better team than the Skins. The likelyhood of them winning that game with Cousins playing is very small
    I disagree, if the Skins pull RGIII after his second TD pass (I believe it was in the 1st quarter) and put in Cousins, I think they win the game. Watching RGIII play hurt, he had almost no mobility and couldn't plant his legs, which resulted in inaccurate throws and a lot of 3 and outs. This caused the Skins defense to be on the field for extended periods, which is why they got tired at the end of the game. With Cousins in the game, the offense puts together a couple drives, which not only helps the defense but also helps with field position.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    I disagree, if the Skins pull RGIII after his second TD pass (I believe it was in the 1st quarter) and put in Cousins, I think they win the game. Watching RGIII play hurt, he had almost no mobility and couldn't plant his legs, which resulted in inaccurate throws and a lot of 3 and outs. This caused the Skins defense to be on the field for extended periods, which is why they got tired at the end of the game. With Cousins in the game, the offense puts together a couple drives, which not only helps the defense but also helps with field position.
    you have no idea if this is true and hypotheticals are incredibly pointless. Seriously assuming that Cousins is able to move the ball after he put on an absolutely terrible performance is a leap of faith at the least.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Sosa literally argues with anything anyone says. Everyone knew RGIII was an injury risk and now rumors are surfacing he tore his pcl and acl, and that's the third knee injury he's suffered this year.

this isn't some awful assumption based on no facts. I can bring up 10 scouting reports listing RGIII reckless play and how it may lead to injuries and all are before the draft.
    Go ahead and re-read EVERY ONE of my posts on this thread, and then comment. Where at all did I EVER SAY that RG3's style of play isn't more likely to get him injured?

Please, go ahead, quote it, I've got all day...

THE DREAM TEAM

Go ahead and re-read EVERY ONE of my posts on this thread, and then comment. Where at all did I EVER SAY that RG3's style of play isn't more likely to get him injured?

Please, go ahead, quote it, I've got all day...
    If you honestly believe this why would you ever pick him over every QB in the league? This is, likely, his 2nd torn acl in the last 4 years.

Taking him over Luck, who is very durable, just seems silly. Especially when a lot of RGIII potential is tied to his scrambling and running ability.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    I think AvengerRam made some good comments on most of your posts, so I will not post answers to those areas again. But stick with the above part.

I did not state that taking RG3 was not smart. Only that it was smart for the Rams to let him pass and get a lot more building blocks for the future. And sticking with a QB who has a change to be productive for many years.

Calling me braindead is kind of childish.

And if we where into picking players based on the Jersey sales or creating energy we should have taken Tebow last year or?

I did not call you brain dead. I merely stated that ANYONE who would suggest RGIII shouldn't have been drafted at #2 doesn't understand the complete dynamic of what this man brings to the table. And the jersey sales, fan buzz and everything else are all fringe benefits of the pick. Washington- a team stuck in neutral for years, and desperately trying to get a guy to be the face of the franchise did the right thing for themselves. Conversely, it would not have been right for the Rams.

No one would suggest that RGIII's style isn't risky. Anyone who uses the run as a part of their game is at risk. Buit in my opinion, so is Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, David Carr, Ben Roethlisberger and any other pocket passer who plays or has played behind a porous line and who are sitting ducks back there. It is the responsibility of the coaching staff to put together an offense that not only draws out RGIII's ability but keeps him healthy. But it is Griffin's responsibility to play within himself and not expose his body to injury.

I, too, have always shared the opinion that sticking with Bradford was the right and logical choice, given our other needs and our financial commitment to him.

And just as an aside, I've seen some mention of Russell Wilson on this thread. Who here amongst us had even a fleeting thought about Russell Wilson before the start of the NFL season? Suggesting "he'd have been a safer pick than RGIII" is the worst kind of "hindsight is 20-20" thinking, given he wasn't even on the radar screens of most people until Pete Carroll got the guy and named him the starter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast