Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 71
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

  1. #31
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    you have no idea if this is true and hypotheticals are incredibly pointless. Seriously assuming that Cousins is able to move the ball after he put on an absolutely terrible performance is a leap of faith at the least.
    I do think RG3's ego contributed to the loss. He should have realised he was unable to throw (couldn't plant) and run. He obviously wanted to play, and of course a player does. But he was hurting his team by staying out there.

    After he was injured, the Skins didn't score. By the time he finally came out, the Hawks were up 10 points, knew Cousins was having to throw, and so blitzed him heavily. Cousins didn't have a chance, and part of that was RG3s fault


  2. #32
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I did not call you brain dead. I merely stated that ANYONE who would suggest RGIII shouldn't have been drafted at #2 doesn't understand the complete dynamic of what this man brings to the table. And the jersey sales, fan buzz and everything else are all fringe benefits of the pick. Washington- a team stuck in neutral for years, and desperately trying to get a guy to be the face of the franchise did the right thing for themselves. Conversely, it would not have been right for the Rams.

    No one would suggest that RGIII's style isn't risky. Anyone who uses the run as a part of their game is at risk. Buit in my opinion, so is Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, David Carr, Ben Roethlisberger and any other pocket passer who plays or has played behind a porous line and who are sitting ducks back there. It is the responsibility of the coaching staff to put together an offense that not only draws out RGIII's ability but keeps him healthy. But it is Griffin's responsibility to play within himself and not expose his body to injury.

    I, too, have always shared the opinion that sticking with Bradford was the right and logical choice, given our other needs and our financial commitment to him.

    And just as an aside, I've seen some mention of Russell Wilson on this thread. Who here amongst us had even a fleeting thought about Russell Wilson before the start of the NFL season? Suggesting "he'd have been a safer pick than RGIII" is the worst kind of "hindsight is 20-20" thinking, given he wasn't even on the radar screens of most people until Pete Carroll got the guy and named him the starter.
    The Russell Wilson stuff that I brought up.... I did not say I even knew who he was. I'm saying when history looks back at RG3 and the trade, Wilson will be brought into the conversation. He did just beat him in his first playoff game. Yeah I know RG3 was hurt but that comes with his style of play.

    When was Brady drafted, Montana? Teams try so hard to force it when talent is out there in every round. Giving up all those picks seemed nuts at the time and it still does to me. But I'm glad they did it!

    If I learned anything about RG3 last night he will not be the type of player to ever slide that could be a good thing and a bad thing.

  3. #33
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Your in good hands RG3
    We couldn't help but notice Shanahan's response when asked if Griffin would miss some of the offseason because of the injury.

    "I thought Adrian Peterson did pretty good last year for not being part of the offseason program," Shanahan said.

  4. #34
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,571
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    If you honestly believe this why would you ever pick him over every QB in the league? This is, likely, his 2nd torn acl in the last 4 years.

    Taking him over Luck, who is very durable, just seems silly. Especially when a lot of RGIII potential is tied to his scrambling and running ability.
    My personal opinion has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Next time read something before you just start typing, and also trying to personally attack me.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  5. #35
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    you have no idea if this is true and hypotheticals are incredibly pointless. Seriously assuming that Cousins is able to move the ball after he put on an absolutely terrible performance is a leap of faith at the least.
    Having Cousins come in with a lead is a whole different situation than coming in down 10 points and forced to throw every down. Part of the reason Cousins had a terrible performance was due to the fact that the Seahawks completely ignored the Skins running game and went after the QB on every play. Thats not hypothetical, thats fact.

  6. #36
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Having Cousins come in with a lead is a whole different situation than coming in down 10 points and forced to throw every down. Part of the reason Cousins had a terrible performance was due to the fact that the Seahawks completely ignored the Skins running game and went after the QB on every play. Thats not hypothetical, thats fact.
    uhm that's not what you said in the first place. So changing your argument and calling your 2nd point not a hypothetical has nothing to do with whether your first point was a hypothetical or not.

    Saying that Cousins would of been able to move the ball if brought in earlier is a hypothetical. The fact you are even trying to argue it is a fact is hilarious. Maybe I should link you to Webster's dictionary?

  7. #37
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    uhm that's not what you said in the first place. So changing your argument and calling your 2nd point not a hypothetical has nothing to do with whether your first point was a hypothetical or not.

    Saying that Cousins would of been able to move the ball if brought in earlier is a hypothetical. The fact you are even trying to argue it is a fact is hilarious. Maybe I should link you to Webster's dictionary?
    My argument didn't change one bit, both my posts argued the same point: that if Kirk Cousins replaced RGIII the first time he has hurt, he would have given the Skins a better chance to win the game, and IMO they would have won the game. I never argued that my first post wasn't hypothetical, I was arguing Tomahawk247's comment that since Cousins came in and played badly, the outcome wouldn't have changed (a Redskins loss).
    Last edited by Vinnie25; -01-08-2013 at 02:58 AM.

  8. #38
    Rammed's Avatar
    Rammed is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    412
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    My personal opinion has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Next time read something before you just start typing, and also trying to personally attack me.
    YOu are tiresome to read sometimes, because that's what I mostly do on here. But I think you started to call out people in the thread and trying to get personal but hey you've got all day! Plus it's the best way to steer away from a losing argument. Furthermore isn't personal opinion the linchpin everything revolves around on this or any forum.

    As to the actual discussion. I also think they would have had a better chance with Cousins in. But RG3 didn't see it that way and I don't blame him for that, where it went wrong was Shanny leaving the choice to him.
    Don't know how many of you played or any sports for that matter on any level. But taking yourself out of a game never happens not even an option. Plus you always say you can go.
    I think it's a lot to ask of any rookie let alone one who has a nation beaming. The coach had to do his job in this matter because RG3 was doing his.

    I have never believed in the run option as stated in another thread and I think next season it will be figured out just as any gimmick. Does RG3 have the tools to be a more conventional type of QB I think so. But I don't think it will lead to the type of succes he's had now.
    Last edited by Rammed; -01-08-2013 at 07:47 AM.

  9. #39
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,640
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    No one ever brings up RGIII's offensive system: he's running what he already knew from college (although I'm sure there's added NFL nuances, language, etc.) and, believe it or not, has a pretty good team in place already. To me, RGIII is the case of a perfect storm. I think he's going to me a fantastic QB but let's put things into perspective here. I can't wait to see Bradford have a similar situation. Hopefully it'll be sooner than we all realize. I guess my point is I'm not willing to give up on Bradford and I'm definitely not feeding RGIII's hype train (I do like him a lot however, seems like a good dude). I'm simply trying to look at the facts.
    clarasDK and Vinnie25 like this.


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  10. #40
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by rammed
    I also think they would have had a better chance with Cousins in. But RG3 didn't see it that way and I don't blame him for that, where it went wrong was Shanny leaving the choice to him.
    Bingo. RG3 believed he was the best option. I bet Cousins believed he was the best option as well. For that matter, I bet Rex Grossman thought he was the best option. That's what athletes at that level do.

    But Shanahan has to make that decision, not the players.
    Rammed likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  11. #41
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Livermore, Ca/ Arnold,Ca
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,331
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    The Russell Wilson stuff that I brought up.... I did not say I even knew who he was. I'm saying when history looks back at RG3 and the trade, Wilson will be brought into the conversation. He did just beat him in his first playoff game. Yeah I know RG3 was hurt but that comes with his style of play.

    When was Brady drafted, Montana? Teams try so hard to force it when talent is out there in every round. Giving up all those picks seemed nuts at the time and it still does to me. But I'm glad they did it!

    If I learned anything about RG3 last night he will not be the type of player to ever slide that could be a good thing and a bad thing.
    I think history shows that a star QB is not necessarily the highest drafted individual.....Kudos for the Seahawkas finding and drafting Wilson.

  12. #42
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Bingo. RG3 believed he was the best option. I bet Cousins believed he was the best option as well. For that matter, I bet Rex Grossman thought he was the best option. That's what athletes at that level do.

    But Shanahan has to make that decision, not the players.
    There does have to be a point when RG3 realises he can't run or throw and so should maybe let someone else come in

  13. #43
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    First about who won the trade us rams fans believe we won the trade...My old roommate is a crazy die hard redskin fan and tells me to thank the rams GM for giving them GOD (RGIII)...So in reality it is a win-win situation for both team we are getting many potential starters for our franchise while they got the face of their franchise


    Quote Originally Posted by Rammed View Post

    As to the actual discussion. I also think they would have had a better chance with Cousins in. But RG3 didn't see it that way and I don't blame him for that, where it went wrong was Shanny leaving the choice to him.
    Don't know how many of you played or any sports for that matter on any level. But taking yourself out of a game never happens not even an option. Plus you always say you can go.
    I think it's a lot to ask of any rookie let alone one who has a nation beaming. The coach had to do his job in this matter because RG3 was doing his.
    Exactly: RG3 is a competitive team leader during a playoff game there is no way he is taking himself out.

    I also would not blame Shannahan either the guy is your horse he is your team leader he is the guy that got you there...Sometimes if the player says he can go you keep him in

    If RG3 stood on the sidelines during a playoff game without crutches it would be the whole Jay Cutler Playoff fiasco all over again

    If Cousins came in and the skins still lost; people would have blamed shanahan for taking the guy out......They simply were just not the better team that night

  14. #44
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    There does have to be a point when RG3 realises he can't run or throw and so should maybe let someone else come in
    Yes. And the Coach should reach that point before the player does.
    Rammed likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  15. #45
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: RG3 vs Bradford my 5 cents

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Yes. And the Coach should reach that point before the player does.
    Yes. And the franchise should be able to evaluate the risk and reward to let him even play after the Ravens game. They gave up three ones and a second for this guy but the way they handle him you would think he's not that valuable.

    I would have put him on IR once he got hurt so no one is tempted to play him. Sometime you have to protect the player from himself and the coaches.

    I still am not happy the way we let Sammy play when all he was doing was risking more damage.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-08-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    HUbison likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My POV of Sam Bradford
    By RockinRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: -12-20-2012, 09:34 PM
  2. Bradford
    By jjigga3000 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: -10-30-2012, 10:23 AM
  3. The New-Look Sam Bradford
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -01-29-2011, 01:55 AM
  4. From a Dollars and Cents Point ..
    By MauiRam in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -04-21-2008, 07:48 PM
  5. Hi Everybody, heres my 2 cents
    By LaRamsFanLongTime in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-24-2005, 06:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •