Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Rg3 who?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Rg3 who?

I thought RGlll played well, but he didn't rip it up against our D like he did last week. He looked like a rookie on numerous occasions, which you would expect. He's gonna be a good one IMO.

How awesome is it to have someone complain about the big bad Rams brutalizing his team? I hope we get more of those.

The Redskins did have their share of non-calls for questionable hits, and taking a shot at a sliding Bradford.
    RamDez likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Last week RG3 was said to be an unscratched Ferrari, this week he is still a Ferrari but he has a few dents. Not sure what he will look like at the end of 16 games if they keep using him like that.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: RG3 who?

RG3 is a fine rookie, great potential, terrific athlete. Today he learned a tough lesson: What it is and means to lose in the NFL. Get used to it -- "there's a long road ahead for you but you'll be okay" (and I do believe RG is better than Vick).

RG3 and company had their opportunities, but the Rams capitalized better on them, penalties and all. I still think that the Refs clearly blundered on a couple of 1st half situations that ended being VERY costly for the Rams. WashSkins were penalized in the 2nd half and this, really, to a good degree evens matters. But for any Skins fan not to see how their team colapsed under the wrath of the Rams at the end is only deceiving him/herself: DRichardson losing a fumble on that late 4th quarter drive! And still...

Top dingbat of the day: Morgan retaliating w/ball at Finnegan. Exceptional highlight material.
    Hillarious. Right in front of his HC, Shanahan. Even the Skins players on the sideline were upset at Morgan! LOL! Priceless.

So RG3, enjoy the lesson learned, eat a SubWay with avocado, carry on. Today we played hard and the Rams won.

For real.

Last edited by RealRam; -09-17-2012 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Format

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    RG3 looked good, but I'm holding out hope that they'll keep playing that horrible zone defense for the rest of the season. If you allow 12 catches on 13 attempts to the same guy and then give up a touchdown to the same guy on the 14th ball thrown his way, I got nothing for ya. I can offer no logical explanation for what they were doing on defense. They hung in there, but if I were a Skins fan, I'd be worried about a defense that allows the Rams to put up 31 points despite turning the ball over three times.
    Haslett?

gap

bradwill is offline Registered User

What was up Shanahan's face? Did he fall asleep in a tanning bed for a few hours or just knock the bottom out of a few bottles of vodka during warm ups?

I like pondering these kind of questions after a victory because it's been so rare
    RamDez likes this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I now dub him "RG3 and out".... Well atleast when he plays the Rams.
    Last edited by lostsoul; -09-17-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I thought RG3 played good, I still don't see the difference between him and Vick. That being said he will not stay healthy in the NFL playing like that. Defenses will take shots at him and some will be late any way to get a hit on him. He will slow down like he did today.
    Well one difference is, he's about 25 lbs bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Well one difference is, he's about 25 lbs bigger.
    I did not know that maybe he can take the pounding.

Haste is offline Registered User

RG3 faked me and my friend like 4 times on fake handoffs, was crazy.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

What surprised me about Griffin was his poor knowledge of the rules for when QB becomes a runner especially since Griffin has a tendency to run. The camera caught him yelling "he was leading with the helmet" to the refs, which, of course, is legal when the QB becomes a runner.

I don't know if anyone else saw it but I thought Griffin was getting up slower towards the end of the game. I'm sure he'll be a good QB in the league but I'm not sure if his body can take the pounding for 16 games.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

RGIII is what I thought he was; a spectacular rookie but still a rookie. I also stick by my earlier assessment that he's not yet consistently accurate on the run or the deep ball. He would have had a TD to Davis with a better throw at one point. And that deep ball to Robinson was just like Sam's to Givens last week; the WR had to stop & adjust to the pass.Maybe the WR was sloppy in his route but that thing hung up there for a while.

And full credit to the defense, front & back. One play summed it up for me; 4th quarter & Griffin gets flushed out by pressure & stymied in his first reads by coverage, the tv guy can't stop gushing about his athleticism but it comes to nothing as he has to throw it away. And a definite assist to Shanahan & Haslett who came up with one of the most efftarded gameplans imaginable & a bunch of players who lost their composure. RGIII deserved better support all around. This loss wasn't his fault.

Speaking of Sam, if anyone in Ram Nation took offense at all the RGIII hype, it was clearly Bradford. It was a great team win but, as Fisher said post-game, that guy was dialed in today. Could be the start of an interesting rivalry. He'll never say it but I'm pretty sure Sam is thinkin' reset that INT-free clock, reset the back2back rookie road wins clock. NOT IN MY HOUSE !!

There may have been three Robert Griffins but there's only one Sam Bradford & I'm glad he's ours.
    RamDez, Rambos and RockinRam like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

RGIII is a good QB can't take that away from him. He will need to dial back some of his runs if he doesn't like getting tackled though.

Sam Bradford....let me say it again SAM BRADFFORD!!!!! Wow! that's the best I've seen him play. Especially since all of the Redskins fans that have posting here this week have constantly reminded us of their "STOUT" defense. Guess I need to whip out the dictionary and look up the word "STOUT"? It obviously doesn't mean what I thought it meant.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    RGIII is a good QB can't take that away from him. He will need to dial back some of his runs if he doesn't like getting tackled though.

Sam Bradford....let me say it again SAM BRADFFORD!!!!! Wow! that's the best I've seen him play. Especially since all of the Redskins fans that have posting here this week have constantly reminded us of their "STOUT" defense. Guess I need to whip out the dictionary and look up the word "STOUT"? It obviously doesn't mean what I thought it meant.
    Losing Orakpo early to an injury really hindered the Redskins pass-rush. Haslett also very confusingly refused to give up the zone defense when it was clear Bradford had it figured out and was just picking it apart.

Of course, losing Orakpo, Haslett might not have felt comfortable in man to man without a good pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Losing Orakpo early to an injury really hindered the Redskins pass-rush. Haslett also very confusingly refused to give up the zone defense when it was clear Bradford had it figured out and was just picking it apart.

Of course, losing Orakpo, Haslett might not have felt comfortable in man to man without a good pass rush.
    Losing Rodger Saffold early did not help our pass protection.
    RamDez likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123