Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Richie Incognito - My Take, Don't Go Hatin' Me

"My Take, Don't Go Hatin' Me" is even the title of the thread...

ah well, moving on.

Personally, I don't think we have the luxury of dumping players because of their comments off the field, at this point.

Once we have a stable offensive line, and we don't need all the help we can manage, then I believe we can work on those issues. But until then, let's just work on keeping Bulger from going into a coma.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Bernie and Barry are nothing alike.

Barry comes across as a fan who happens to also be a sportswriter. He has no agenda, other than to convey information and informed opinions to his readers.

Bernie is all about Bernie. He does not care about the Rams or the fans. He only cares about writing something that will draw attention to himself.

I don't happen to agree entirely with Barry's opinion on Cogs. But I would never rip Barry just because I disagree with him.
    I beieve I confused the two. I have given my apologies, I'm not sure what else I can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    I'll stop posting.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan
    I beieve I confused the two. I have given my apologies, I'm not sure what else I can do.
    He was replying to live4ramin's post. BTW, what was that you said about using the spell check?

Anyway, I agree with Barry. Incognito's comments might have been untimely and misdirected, or even taken the wrong way, but he has a right to say what he thinks. He's telling his truth and I wish more players would do that.

The bottom line is, letting go of our best lineman because of it will not make this team better.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I love ya Barry. Now come give me a hug!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

If we can return to the topic for a moment.....

As I said before, I have no problem with what he said its just that I wasn't sure that, of all people, Incognito should be saying it.

His timing was also unfortunate.

That said, as he's one of the better lineman in a distinctly underwhelming group and as he hasn't actually done anything other than mouth off about the truly fickle nature of some of the St Louis fanbase, calls to crucify him are fairly histrionic.

BRM - That picture

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

The issue of Richie's comments have nothing to do with how well he plays from my perspective. My perspective is that I was near the tunnel for the Giants game and he lumped me into a group to which I did not fit. Here's one of the pictures that I took at the game...perhaps if he pulled his head out of his butt, he could have at least responded to me. Randy McMichel, Brett Romberg, Chris Massey and a few others at least responded.

Based merely on his comments, Richie can kiss my ass.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -11-27-2008 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Sorry, but that pic is way too big.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    You can Paypal me some money...I think that will fix everything.

What was the issue? (Don't answer - I want to remain oblivious).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    sorry Caligirl, but have you thought that maybe a lot of people on this forum might not like you?

But you know the difference is, they dont go gripping about it on this forum.

This forum is NOT for that sort of post you made but it is a forum for discussion. You should have discussed the POST and not taken a shot at the POSTER as it clearly states on the ClanRam rules page. For that reason, you did recieve an infraction.
    The question I have is why are these types of matters being handled publicly?

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

I just want to add that Bernie is my friend, and he has my utmost respect as a person and writer. We don't always agree, and sometimes he's the one that's right. I come from 50 years as a St. Louis fan, which sets me apart from him and H -man, as he and Bernie are East Coast guys.

I appreciate the support from the Clan, but I can take it, and have for a ong long time, since I was the very first Internet guy covering the Rams, and among the very first in the NFL as well.

I love the fact that Rams fans from all over are in this group, and it's for them I write these days, those kind of amazing fans, from Dez and Moira, Steve and Liz, Julian, and the others "Across the Pond" who simply are incredible people that further my love of all things UK (Just added Graham Norton's show to my BBC list of must sees !), to guys like BigRedman, MaineRam and gals like Renee and others who have been loyal, informed fans for oh so long.

There is a core of Rams fans that cannot be shattered, cannot be made into these latest type that care only about the highlights on ESPN and just who wins in January, with little time or desire to enjoy the journey, even when times are tough.

The people that become haters, and really seem to enjoy always being negative, and that includes media people need to keep that belief system to themselves, and not think poisoning others with insulting posts has any merit whatsoever.

I figure fans that respond to my opinions, that I try to base on fact, not emotion, will bury themselves, and reveal what they are about as people with what they say and how they say it.

Sometimes I just think the mob mentality around a losing team gets a bit much. Being around players away from the games ceratinly can cloud one's opinion of them, but not knowing them can do that even more, in my opinion. Hopefully, that's an area where I can be of value here.

Those who rip on a player like they were Richie, who I don't particularly like or dislike as a person, or Steven Jackson, who I do think is a good person, don't see the fans going after them all game Sunday, pretty much ignoring the game completely from the start, don't see them yelling at them at the tunnel, where by the way these guys give fans gloves and handshakes all the time, don't see nuts yelling at them out on the street, these same guys that are donating a ton of money and time right now, with so many in need, so many sick kids that think a visit from a Rams player is the best gift they could get.

They don't see the hours coaches put in, assistants who have had to move their families year after year, often working for peanuts to keep their career going. They don't see guys truly hurting, playing in pain, even risking career ending injury for the sake of fans and teammates.

As far as Cali girl, if that's your REAL pic, you look fairly hot, but then again, so does Sarah Palin, but she thinks she knows about Russia because she can see it from her porch.
    Barry Waller

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Barry, I know you're feeling a bit attacked, and are lashing out a bit. That said, I think you're being a bit harsh.

You want fans to appreciate players who do nice things, and assistants who toil in anonymity, rather than categorizing them based upon superficial observations. And yet, aren't you doing the same thing with us?

Sure, some fans are jerks. But merely complaining or expressing frustration over a team that has won 5 of their last 27 games does not make one a "hater."

In the end, you seem to be dividing us into "informed, loyal fans" and "mob mentality" types. I'm not sure where you are drawing the dividing line.

Anyway, my overall impression is that, disagreements aside, most of us here in the Clan are true diehards and will weather this latest storm.

Hi Barry. I would like to apologize to you. No matter what my reasons, they still were not warranted. Yes that is hubby and Sarah . ( She play's me well on SNL).

Cali/Sarah(Or whoever I am).
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -11-27-2008 at 03:53 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AV, I also believe that people on this forum are die hard Rams fans. There is no doubt about that. We would not be here if we were not. uote=AvengerRam;260276]Barry, I know you're feeling a bit attacked, and are lashing out a bit. That said, I think you're being a bit harsh.

You want fans to appreciate players who do nice things, and assistants who toil in anonymity, rather than categorizing them based upon superficial observations. And yet, aren't you doing the same thing with us?

Sure, some fans are jerks. But merely complaining or expressing frustration over a team that has won 5 of their last 27 games does not make one a "hater."

In the end, you seem to be dividing us into "informed, loyal fans" and "mob mentality" types. I'm not sure where you are drawing the dividing line.

Anyway, my overall impression is that, disagreements aside, most of us here in the Clan are true diehards and will weather this latest storm.[/quote]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll be at Reds tomorrow, so I will sneak into his paypal account and pay the PimpDaddy. (Top secret)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    You can Paypal me some money...I think that will fix everything.

What was the issue? (Don't answer - I want to remain oblivious).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

OK, so how 'bout that Incognito, huh?

I agree with my friend, AV, about 99.9% of the time. Incognito, I believe, makes up a large portion of that remainder 0.1%. I believe Incognito is the best O-lineman on this roster. He is a solid run-blocker, and adequate pass blocker (better than Bell has turned out to be which shocks the daylights out of me, btw). And he gets to the 2nd level better than any lineman I've seen in a while. Replacing Cogs would have the LEAST dramatic effect on the line's play (on paper); when the replacements we should look for will be the most dramatic.

Having said all that, I say least dramatic on paper simply because we do not know the status of Cogs in the lockerroom. Do the fans hate him? Sure. Should he, the Rams, or anyone else care? No. However, do the Rams hate him.......that's the question. Is he a lockerroom cancer or not? If he is.....well, then we got a problem. If he's not, then don't fix what ain't broke.

Just one man's opinion. Maybe he molests baby goats or something, I don't know. But until that is established, I just have a hard time focusing our concerns on the top performer of a line that needs more top performers.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I think this whole thing just got blown out of proportion,some people are just looking at any little thing to jump on since there is really nothing better to talk about concerning the Rams.I would make the point that some guys have said back off he is our best lineman,he is our best lineman but that doesn't give him a free pass to say or do what he wants.I would love to have have 5 lineman play with the fire that he does,we might be able to run the ball some,Bell and Barron so no emotion at all and at times Pace looks the same and there play reflects it,so the fans who are yelling and booing at Cogs should maybe start to do the same for the players who really deserve it because of there play on the field not what they say off of it because that is what you pay your good money to see.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast