Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Richie Incognito - My Take, Don't Go Hatin' Me

I guess I will just have to defer to the coaches, who have stated consistently that Incognito is currently the best player on this O-line.

And I'm not sure I understand the notion that because he is the best player on a bad line, therefore "Cogs must go". That same theory would have the Rams launching Spoon because he is the best LB on a bad corp. Or tossing away Atogwe because our secondary is bad.

Just not sure I understand that one.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bigredman is offline Registered User

I totally agree with Barry in regards that you don't berate a player or even the team as they come off the field after the game (those that gather at the tunnel to yell you suck are lousy fans and should stay home (those that vandalize a player's property should be jailed and never allowed to another game).

Regarding Jackson, he runs with such toughness and grit when he is healthy, I love it. Nor do I carry any baggage regarding his holdout. I in fact supported that. It's when he's hurt that it appears to me that he turns into a bit of a weenie. He never seems to want to play hurt and prefers to take more time than most to "heal", wanting to be 100% before coming back, while others play hurt or come back at less than 100% for the team. Perhaps his conditioning isn't what it should be, and that is all on him if that is the case.

These are dark times in Ramsville. I've been through it before with this team...I just hope I see another championship before I go to the great stadium in the sky!
    Last edited by bigredman; -11-29-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I just hope I see another championship before I go to the great stadium in the sky![/QUOTE]

Will that Stadium have a Dome or Retractable Roof?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Will that Stadium have a Dome or Retractable Roof?

I just hope it doesn't have a trap door, if you know what I mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I just hope it doesn't have a trap door, if you know what I mean?

I know what YOU mean by a trap door, you perv!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I guess I will just have to defer to the coaches, who have stated consistently that Incognito is currently the best player on this O-line.

And I'm not sure I understand the notion that because he is the best player on a bad line, therefore "Cogs must go". That same theory would have the Rams launching Spoon because he is the best LB on a bad corp. Or tossing away Atogwe because our secondary is bad.

Just not sure I understand that one.
    Well, he's definitely too valuable to simply cut. But, if the Rams could get good value for him in a trade this offseason, as he approaches free agency, I'd pull the trigger.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Well, he's definitely too valuable to simply cut. But, if the Rams could get good value for him in a trade this offseason, as he approaches free agency, I'd pull the trigger.
    um...what would be your definition of "good value"?

WHAT SAY YE?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Given the fact that his contract is almost up, I'd take a 4th round pick for him.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

The same coaching staff that is down by 30 by halftime consistantly? If this were a real coaching staff that hadn't completely lost the team, I might actually put weight behind this words...

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I totally agree with Barry in regards that you don't berate a player or even the team as they come off the field after the game (those that gather at the tunnel to yell you suck are lousy fans and should stay home (those that vandalize a player's property should be jailed and never allowed to another game).

Regarding Jackson, he runs with such toughness and grit when he is healthy, I love it. Nor do I carry any baggage regarding his holdout. I in fact supported that. It's when he's hurt that it appears to me that he turns into a bit of a weenie. He never seems to want to play hurt and prefers to take more time than most to "heal", wanting to be 100% before coming back, while others play hurt or come back at less than 100% for the team. Perhaps his conditioning isn't what it should be, and that is all on him if that is the case.

These are dark times in Ramsville. I've been through it before with this team...I just hope I see another championship before I go to the great stadium in the sky!
    I dont really understand your stance on Jackson. Didnt he try to come back before he was a hundred percent vs the Cards? I mean to me that debunks the whole the guy doesnt want to play hurt theory doesnt it? Not trying to get into another pissin match just thought I'd point out that the guy did try to play hurt which people seem to either forget or ignore.
    Just Fix It

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Two comments...

1) Where have the coaches consistently said Incognito is their best lineman? Can you link me to those comments, as it appears I've missed them somewhere along the way?

2) What about this coaching staff makes you feel confident that their assessment of talent is in any way accurate or correct?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Two comments...

1) Where have the coaches consistently said Incognito is their best lineman? Can you link me to those comments, as it appears I've missed them somewhere along the way?

2) What about this coaching staff makes you feel confident that their assessment of talent is in any way accurate or correct?
    1. Most notably, here ....
    Haslett, ..., said Incognito has "been our best offensive lineman all year, no question about it."
    2. My confidence in this coaching staff coincides with the fact that they are not accountants, lawyers, plumbers and teachers. The product on the field may be downright awful, but I'll still take their opinion over any of ours.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Yodude is offline Registered User

My confidence in this coaching staff coincides with the fact that they are not accountants, lawyers, plumbers and teachers. The product on the field may be downright awful, but I'll still take their opinion over any of ours.

That's good stuff Hubison!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

1. Most notably, here ....
    Are there any others? Your emphatic use of the word "consistently" seemed to suggest this was something that had been said regularly this year or in the past. The one you posted is fine, and though I suspect it comes in part as a defense of a guy who has to publicly apologize, I can't know that for sure. But regardless, your comment really implied a bit more. Furthermore...

2. My confidence in this coaching staff coincides with the fact that they are not accountants, lawyers, plumbers and teachers. The product on the field may be downright awful, but I'll still take their opinion over any of ours.
    Yeah, one problem here. It's not merely the opinion of some crazy teacher, because I cited the numbers tabulated by Stats Inc in regards to Richie's play. In 12 games, Richie has been penalized seven times and has allowed 5.5 sacks. Those are the numbers, and they rank among the worst on our team (second worst I believe).

Is there a Haslett quote out there that addresses that? Because contrary to what Haslett says, I certainly think there's some question about it.
    Last edited by Nick; -12-02-2008 at 12:14 AM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yeah, one problem here. It's not merely the opinion of some crazy teacher, because I cited the numbers tabulated by Stats Inc in regards to Richie's play. In 12 games, Richie has been penalized seven times and has allowed 5.5 sacks. Those are the numbers, and they rank among the worst on our team (second worst I believe).
    ...Sigh...as I previously stated (check page 3 of this thread) the numbers you cite do NOT accurately reflect Incognito's greatest asset which is his run blocking and also his ability to get to the second level and block down field. Plus when you factor in that he can play center (and is still the best one on our roster) his value is much greater than what some are willing to give him credit for.

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast