View Poll Results: Will Richie Be Signed To An Offer Sheet/Would You Match?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • He won't be signed/Let him play on the one year tender.

35 51.47%
  • He won't be signed/Try to lock him up long term.

10 14.71%
  • He will be signed/Let him go and get the extra pick.

15 22.06%
  • He will be signed/Match (assuming the price is reasonable).

8 11.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: The Richie Incognito Questions

I don't expect him to be tendered by another team. You don't see too many restricted free agents signed because it's virtually like having to trade for them. He'll play out the last year of his contract, and the new staff can take that time to determine whether he can be part of the long-term plan.

general counsel is offline Registered User

No problems with wistom or carriker, i wouldnt call it a nebraska issue.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Yodude is offline Registered User

Hey, if you're gonna rebuild... rebuild with character is what they said right!
    Are you actually implying that because he's our most passionate and fiery offensive lineman, albeit somewhat undisciplined and a bit immature, that he's lacking character?
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

MarshallMarshall Guest

I hope we get him back. Eventhough he's been inconsistent at times, I think he has alot of upside. I love the fact he's willing to punch someone in the mouth at any given time. I'm sure steven jackson wants him back, usually cogs is the first OL there to pull guys off of Jackson and if they're laying on him to long Cogs will let them know. I know it doesn't mean that much I just like the attitude he brings to every game.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

I voted to tender him also. I think that as many holes in our OL that we have, we should give him his 1 yr notice and see if he can turn around. He plays with fire and takes no crap from our opponets, I think it's his timing that gets him in so much
    trouble. If we get a 3rd for him that would be great also.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

I'd take a seventh-round pick for him. A third is a bargain.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    Are you actually implying that because he's our most passionate and fiery offensive lineman, albeit somewhat undisciplined and a bit immature, that he's lacking character?

From what I know about him...I would say he IS a character.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I want him to stay....I don't want a bunch of choirboys on the Rams.....that would be way to dull for me. I like a few characters on the team, they get you fired up. If everyone was high character this team would be the most boring in the NFL....if they aren't already.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

1) Will another team give up a 3rd rd pick for a headcase? ... Maybe, the Bills just acquired one recently. It is really hard to know how other teams view Ritchie.

2) If I had tivo and the time to view all the games he played in last year, perhaps I could venture a guess. I don't .. What I'm really unsure of, is how good Ritchie really is. Alot has been said about his temperment and how fiery he is - that's all fine and well, but is he really that much more talented than Greco, and Roy S.? Ritchie appears to have the tools to be a good run blocker, but can he pass protect adequately?

Obviously it boils down to how Spags and Billy view him. If we were to get a mid to high 3rd pick, we could probably get a decent or with luck great player. I am hoping though that Spags sees enough in Ritchie to merit keeping him, while at the same instilling some much needed discipline in his apparently thick skull. If Ritchie isn't bright enough to realize his sporadic foolish behavior on the field can be the difference between winning and losing (especially at this point in his career), then it's probably better to cut him loose.

I didn't answer your questions definitively Av, therefore I didn't vote in the poll. What I hope for however, is that Spags sees enough in him to try and mold him into a dominating player. It always galls me when we select a player with a relatively high pick, and then let him go after a few years only to witness said player go on to star for another team after we've developed him ... Grrrrrr ..

BobCarl is offline Registered User

Expect an official announcement on this topic next week, if not sooner.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    From what I know about him...I would say he IS a character.
    I'll agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I want him to stay....I don't want a bunch of choirboys on the Rams.....that would be way to dull for me. I like a few characters on the team, they get you fired up. If everyone was high character this team would be the most boring in the NFL....if they aren't already.
    Right on. I want my offensive lineman to have a chip on their shoulders...for crying out loud, their job is to smack the crap out of people. Are they supposed to be pussies? It's amazing how people make Cogs out to be almost some kind of criminal. How long has it been since we had a lineman who got into people's faces when they gave one of our offensive players a cheapshot. As far as I'm concerned, I want the other team's defensive players to be wondering what kind of nutjob they are lined up against...it will keep them from focusing on their job.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

theodus69 is offline Registered User

He is quite a ball of emotions...............Ok so I change my mind. Let's keep him.And unleash the Wraith on the opposing enemy. Go get 'em Cogs.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'd let him go if he is signed to an offer sheet. I think the Rams can find someone with a third round pick who would be just as good and much cheaper.

RealRam is offline Registered User

The Cog. I've been rooting for Richie since day one, even if it was to wish him a 'get well soon' from injury during his 1st season w/the Rams.

I still think he has matured enough to become a good OL and I believe he could really help improve our line this year. I expect better quality and less antics from him and I hope this Cornhusker is signed for several years with us.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

When Richie Incognito falls in water, Richie Incognito doesn't get wet. Water gets Richie Incognito.

Richie Incognito's house has no doors, only walls that he walks through.

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Richie Incognito has been there. In that case, the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

Richie Incognito can touch MC Hammer.

When a Rams game was aired in France, the French surrendered to Richie Incognito just to be on the safe side.

Richie Incognito grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his own rage.

Richie Incognito ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

The show Survivor had the original premise of putting people on an island with Richie Incognito. There were no survivors, and nobody is brave enough to go to the island to retrieve the footage.

Richie Incognito played Russian Roulette with a fully-loaded gun and won.

Richie Incognito brushes his teeth with barbed wire.

When Richie Incognito was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Richie Incognito.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast