View Poll Results: Will Richie Be Signed To An Offer Sheet/Would You Match?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • He won't be signed/Let him play on the one year tender.

35 51.47%
  • He won't be signed/Try to lock him up long term.

10 14.71%
  • He will be signed/Let him go and get the extra pick.

15 22.06%
  • He will be signed/Match (assuming the price is reasonable).

8 11.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ramdan is offline Registered User

Re: The Richie Incognito Questions

What's his "rep"? Nasty? We need that on our OL.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man View Post
    When Richie Incognito falls in water, Richie Incognito doesn't get wet. Water gets Richie Incognito.

Richie Incognito's house has no doors, only walls that he walks through.

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Richie Incognito has been there. In that case, the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

Richie Incognito can touch MC Hammer.

When a Rams game was aired in France, the French surrendered to Richie Incognito just to be on the safe side.

Richie Incognito grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his own rage.

Richie Incognito ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

The show Survivor had the original premise of putting people on an island with Richie Incognito. There were no survivors, and nobody is brave enough to go to the island to retrieve the footage.

Richie Incognito played Russian Roulette with a fully-loaded gun and won.

Richie Incognito brushes his teeth with barbed wire.

When Richie Incognito was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Richie Incognito.

LOL! A real knee slapper that was to me. Good one EDM. Ramtastic! GO RICHIEEEEE!!!

BTW, Ramdan, yes, the Cog's 'rep' is NASTY. We'll be fine as long as he doesn't overdo it. I think and trust he's grown into a strong, scrappy character that is ideal for an OL.
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-15-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Ramdan

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

very nice ,EDM. LMAO,esp the Russian roulette one. Works either pro or con. Either in the "he's so mean that.." sense or his skull's too thick to be penetrated.

Richie Incognito eats Baby Ruth but poops Conrad Doblerone.

I voted he stays but only if it's the one year probation.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -03-15-2009 at 04:22 AM.

A-Web is offline Registered User

Sitting here going through all my sports news websites, when I noticed a certain list. Interestingly enough, it is on all of the RFAs. It lists the "Top 10" that teams would be interested in. and here is what they have;

Here are 10 of the restricted players likely to get some attention:

Lance Moore , WR, New Orleans (compensation level: second round)
    A former undrafted free agent (Toledo), Moore is quick, dynamic and runs precise pass routes. Think of Wes Welker (New England), with more speed and wiggle. We normally don't recommend a player with second-round compensation, but Moore is more accomplished than any wide receiver a team can draft in the second round. And wide receiver is a position where players don't exactly thrive as rookies. Moore is only 25, and he might be worth sacrificing a No. 2 pick to get. He had 79 catches for 928 yards and 10 touchdowns, playing in all 16 games (six starts), in 2008.

Jarrett Bush, DB, Green Bay (compensation: none)
    A one-time waiver claim from Carolina in 2006, Bush has good size (6-foot-2, 200 pounds), can play cornerback or safety, and is a special-teams terror. Has started just one game in three seasons, but the former Utah State standout can help a team in a lot of ways, including playing as a nickel back. He has posted double-digit special-teams tackles in each of his three seasons in the league, with 17 in 2008. Has already drawn interest from several teams, and has made some visits.

Victor Adeyanju, DE, St. Louis (compensation: fourth round)
    An upfield pass-rusher with some ability to anchor versus the run, the native of Nigeria has size (6-4, 280) and potential. He has started at least seven games in each of his three seasons, and has 25 total starts. The former Indiana University standout is coming off a 2008 season in which he had a career-high 47 tackles and two sacks. He has 110 total tackles in three seasons.

John Kuhn, FB, Green Bay (compensation: none)
    Kuhn is a strong lead blocker, a decent receiver and the prototype of what teams want at fullback. The former Shippensburg University star has only 17 "touches" in three seasons, including 10 rushing attempts, and is fairly selfless. He converted all three of his third-and-short rushes last season. Kuhn, 26, has started in just four of 41 appearances, but he has already made some visits to other teams.

Richie Incognito, OL, St. Louis (compensation: third round)
    A third-round pick might be a lot to sacrifice for a player with Incognito's lengthy history of injuries and some off-field issues in college. But offensive linemen are usually hard to find. The former Nebraska star can play center or guard, and he is a strong in-line blocker. He's played 35 games in three seasons, and all of them were starts. He started 15 games in 2006, and all 16 games in 2008.

Ruvell Martin, WR, Green Bay (compensation: none)
    Terrific size (6-4, 220) makes Martin an effective red-zone target. The 26-year-old has 52 career receptions for 749 yards and six touchdowns, including four scores in 2007. Martin's best season was his 2006 rookie year, when he had 21 catches. The one-time undrafted free agent (Saginaw Valley State) has played in 41 games, with nine starts.

George Wilson, SS, Buffalo (compensation: none)
    A former wide receiver converted to safety in 2007, Wilson has 31 appearances in the secondary, including nine starts in 2007. He's not a big hitter, but he has a nose for the ball and is best playing deep in Cover 2 schemes. He's coming off a rib injury that landed him on IR and limited him to three starts in 2008. The former Arkansas star, originally signed by Detroit in 2004, has 64 career tackles, 1˝ sacks and four passes defensed.

Sean Suisham, PK, Washington (compensation: none)
    After knocking around the league (Pittsburgh, Dallas and San Francisco) for years, the former Bowling Green standout finally found a home in Washington. He's somewhat inconsistent, but has converted 71 field goals in the past two seasons, and has a career conversion rate of .787. He has a strong leg, as evidenced by nine touchbacks in 2008.

Keith Ellison, LB, Buffalo (compensation: sixth round)
    Ellison is not a great weakside linebacker, but he's solid, productive and fairly athletic. The former Oregon State star has 30 starts in three seasons. That includes 14 starts in 2008, when he registered a career-high 73 tackles. For his career, the 25-year-old has 177 tackles, two sacks and two interceptions.

Demetrius Williams, WR, Baltimore (compensation: fourth round)
    Williams is often injured and finished last season on injured reserve, with ankle and Achilles problems. He's a deep threat with decent size (6-2, 197) and hands, but his injury history makes him a gamble. Still, Williams, 25, has averaged a healthy 15.7 yards on 55 catches. The Oregon product has played in 32 games, and started five, but injuries limited him to seven appearances in 2008.

So, based on this, it appears that there is a good chance that Cogs could have a contract from another team offered. Based on this grounds, I am going to have to vote (He will be signed, and we should match). But aside from that, the interesting thing I thought was, Lance Moore... He is still very young (25) and he has already proven his talents. All things aside, would I, give up a second round pick for him? Well, my answer to you is as follows, "Do I have two 2nd round picks?" Because if I do, than I definitely look his way.

My problem is I don't think I completely understand the RFA-ness. Is the compensation something that comes in the form of the 2010 draft? Or is it the immediate draft in the 2009 April? Let me know if you know this, because alot of these players could create some draft implications.
    Last edited by A-Web; -03-15-2009 at 08:34 AM.

A-Web is offline Registered User

Oh, and by the way, nice recycling of Chuck Norris jokes. Oddly enough, it was still funny to read 'em.

"The show Survivor had the original premise of putting people on an island with Richie Incognito. There were no survivors, and nobody is brave enough to go to the island to retrieve the footage." - was a new one for me.

BobCarl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    No problems with wistom or carriker, i wouldnt call it a nebraska issue.
    Since Cogs was kicked off of the team and the others wasn't, I'm not sure what context you are trying to fit this into.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    When Richie Incognito falls in water, Richie Incognito doesn't get wet. Water gets Richie Incognito.

Richie Incognito's house has no doors, only walls that he walks through.

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Richie Incognito has been there. In that case, the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

Richie Incognito can touch MC Hammer.

When a Rams game was aired in France, the French surrendered to Richie Incognito just to be on the safe side.

Richie Incognito grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his own rage.

Richie Incognito ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

The show Survivor had the original premise of putting people on an island with Richie Incognito. There were no survivors, and nobody is brave enough to go to the island to retrieve the footage.

Richie Incognito played Russian Roulette with a fully-loaded gun and won.

Richie Incognito brushes his teeth with barbed wire.

When Richie Incognito was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Richie Incognito.
    He IS the most interesting man in the world!

He doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he always prefer Dos XX!

Ritchie is a "Real Man of Guinuess!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

BTW, Ramdan, yes, the Cog's 'rep' is NASTY. We'll be fine as long as he doesn't overdo it. I think and trust he's grown into a strong, scrappy character that is ideal for an OL.
    As a Nebraska fan....at this point, waiting for that to happen is much like waiting for Godot.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    As a Nebraska fan....at this point, waiting for that to happen is much like waiting for Godot.
    LOL...kudos for working a Beckett reference into a discussion about football linemen.

I think even Sammy would have appreciated the absurdity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123