Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    eric2810 is offline Registered User

Re: Richie Incognito takes his turn ripping St. Louis Rams fans

Did he really just go there? Wow Richie, just Wow. Of all people, he shouldn't even be talking since Josh Brown saved his ass against the Redskins. And He wonders why Rams fans don't cheer for him.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Just another crybaby to add to our long list of crybabies on this team.

Getting rid of Cogs would be a mistake in my opinion. We need more guys in the trenches with that same nasty intensity that he brings.

general counsel is offline Registered User

What exactly would he like the fans to cheer for? I love the line, "It provides for a good football atmosphere..." Its really conducive to a "good football atmosphere" when you are done by more than 30 points at half two weeks in a row.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Kiss my ass Richie. This guy is like Kyle Turley. He runs his big mouth all the time and he can't back it up on the field.

This team is disgusting at this point. All we have are a bunch of whining babies who can't play football. We can't clean house soon enough!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

First, harsh reality..........Incognito is the highest graded O-lineman on this roster. It's always hard to rank O-linemen since there aren't many stats to compare with, but there has been several interviews with coaches this year stating that in game A or game B, Cogs graded out on top of the OL.

Cutting Cogs will weaken this O-line, so for that reason, I am against it.

Having said that.....
    “When we played the Giants (Sept. 14 at the Dome), they had the whole lower bowl filled up (with Giants fans).
    .....this statement is grossly inaccurate. I, along with roughly 30 other Clannies, were at that game and sitting in the lower area. In the Southeast corner of the field, near the entrance to the Giants lockerroom, there were about 100 Giants fans congregated.............and that was it! The place got loud when the Rams did something good, and on defense. Especially defensive 3rd downs (you know, Cogs, when they are supposed to).

Sometimes, Richie, it is better to keep the mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    First, harsh reality..........Incognito is the highest graded O-lineman on this roster. It's always hard to rank O-linemen since there aren't many stats to compare with, but there has been several interviews with coaches this year stating that in game A or game B, Cogs graded out on top of the OL.

Cutting Cogs will weaken this O-line, so for that reason, I am against it.

Having said that..... .....this statement is grossly inaccurate. I, along with roughly 30 other Clannies, were at that game and sitting in the lower area. In the Southeast corner of the field, near the entrance to the Giants lockerroom, there were about 100 Giants fans congregated.............and that was it! The place got loud when the Rams did something good, and on defense. Especially defensive 3rd downs (you know, Cogs, when they are supposed to).

Sometimes, Richie, it is better to keep the mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
    All this time I thought Alex Barron was the only guy on our O-line that was having a problem getting the count right.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I don't agree with calling out the fans, but to say you want a player cut because of his comments or mental capability is ridiculous. Cogs brings an intensity to a group of players that play flat most of the time. Now if he shows that he can not play, sure cut him. But to cut a player because of his opinions is a joke.
    Well, if the unit's still flat with his intensity, doesn't that logically make his "intensity" irrelevant and futile, and destroy that justification for keeping him? Of course there's also a difference between "intensity" and "habitual personal foul penalties" in my book as well.

You know what Richie, maybe folks would show up if the team wasn't getting blown out more often than not. Of course, that means the talent would need to be upgraded, and that likely means you wouldn't be around to experience it.

shower beers is offline Registered User

All sarcasm aside, maybe he's trying to light a spark in the fans' butts. Fan support would certainly help any home team in need of some motivation. Perhaps he's making sure Ram's fans with the ability to see their team don't take that for granted. If I lived in the area, I would be doing everything I could to see the games.

It's important to support a team the same through the positive years and the negative ones.

MrBean is offline Registered User

After reading all the posts here I see things a couple of different ways:

The Rams have given us very little to cheer about. They came out against Buffalo strong and then faultered in the second half. They beat the Redskins ont the road and the Cowboys at home. The rest of the games were pretty much lost by the first half. The Patriots game was a great game so I call it void from my opinion. They haven't been competitive for 4 full quarters all season except the Patriots. It's hard to cheer for them in the 4th quarter when they are down by 20-30 points. To sound like a jerk I pay good money each season to see good football by highly paid professionals who fail to show up and play on Sunday. I agree that it is hard to cheer for them.

My other point is alot of people, like Haslett, say the team needs to handle adversity better and to get through it and still play hard and not give up. This holds true to us fans as well. Honestly when I was at the Cardinals' game I did not handle the adversity well. I gave up on them at half and sat through 2 more quarters of bad football. The Dome was silent because not everyone handled what had happened towards the end of the first half too well, including the Rams.

I know this all sounds contradicting but I am just trying to put everything into perspective. I do enjoy going to the games and cheering them on but it is hard to cheer when there is nothing to cheer about. But that is where the adversity lies and we (Rams and their fans) need to suck it up and play and cheer harder on the next drive to get into the endzone or to make opponents go three and out. This is a team sport as everyone keeps saying so let us the fans be that twelfth man on the field and support St. Louis' NFL team, THE RAMS.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by shower
    maybe he's trying to light a spark in the fans' butts.
    I would advise Richie that his spark lighting would be better served under the rears of those who GET paid to enter the Dome, not those who PAY to do so.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Mike & Mike roasted him for his comments, and gave props to St. Louis fans who they feel are "some of the best" around. He's up for the "just shut-up" award.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Dear Richie:

Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought the fool, than to speak out and thereby remove all doubt.

Sincerely,

Mark Twain

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I posted this bulletin on myspace. Since there are some Rams players that I have as friends there, perhaps one of them will pass it along...

Ritchie Incognito can kiss my ass if he was quoted accurately (quote below).. I was at the game versus the Giants and I yell for the Rams even when we are behind. Sometimes I am relegated to yelll for a sack, or a catch, but I yell.

I drove across the country to see the Rams play in Philly. Even when we were hopelessly behind, I still yelled for a sack, a catch, a run...anything positive for the Rams. Imagine how well that went over with all of the Eagles fans in the stadium.

I was in Dallas last year when it was so freaking hot that I thought I was going to have a stroke. I've gone to KC where people threw beer bottles at me because I was wearing a Rams jersey.

Ritchie should choose his words more carefully as some of us leave Rams games somewhat hoarse from yelling for the team. There are many people at the Dome that are glued to their seat, but don't freaking lump me into that category.

Now, with the Bears — and their legions of fans — coming to the Edward Jones Dome on Sunday, Richie Incognito piped up.

“It seems like our fans aren’t coming to the game, so it’s fun when the other fans come in and start hooting and hollering. At least someone is in the Dome yelling,” Incognito said after practice Thursday. “When we played the Giants (Sept. 14 at the Dome), they had the whole lower bowl filled up (with Giants fans). We know how our fans feel about us; that’s fine.

“It’s nice to have the other fans here. At least they cheer. Our fans get in their seats, they don’t know how to cheer, when to cheer. We get the other team’s fans coming in, and they cheer real nice for us. It provides for a good football atmosphere, having the Chicago fans down here.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I would advise Richie that his spark lighting would be better served under the rears of those who GET paid to enter the Dome, not those who PAY to do so.
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel
    Rams fans will learn to cheer when the Rams give them something to cheer about.
    Well put indeed!

"Richieeeee, my man the COG!" What's the name of that SNL office character"?

Oh, I don't know. I think Rich is at least partially correct -- we ourselves have complained and criticized the Dome fans for being so ... lame when the Rams did deserve sincere support. And on the other hand we have sometimes accepted Incognito's spunk and attitude as necessary in the OL. Just don't cause too many penalties in critical situations amigo.

Granted that his timing, as someone else mentioned here, is not exactly smart!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast