throwback week

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Riddle me this...

You guys know me. You know that I'm not one to go crazy after a loss or anything like that...well...sometimes. I think we have seen great improvement with this team despite the loss that could've easily been a win. We just need to fix silly things, for example, Ryan fumbling one yard away from a TD. Or Bartell's potential pick six.

Having said that, the real point to this thread is my question: I know that Mark Clayton is a veteran WR. Although he had a few drops, he was the best WR on the Rams yesterday. We've had other guys in the system way longer than him. He's been here for, what, a week? This is my concern and question. If Clayton can perform like that, why can't the others? It's making me question our WR's talent and understanding of the game. I hate bringing up VJax but it makes you wonder how much of an impact he'd make with this team considering how big Clayton was for us and he just got here...

Thoughts?

P.S. I think we can certainly win some games this season. I would really love to see a win in Oakland obviously but I think this team has potential to come into its own throughout the season. The NFC West, at this point, is wide open.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Riddle me this...

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    You guys know me. You know that I'm not one to go crazy after a loss or anything like that...well...sometimes. I think we have seen great improvement with this team despite the loss that could've easily been a win. We just need to fix silly things, for example, Ryan fumbling one yard away from a TD. Or Bartell's potential pick six.

Having said that, the real point to this thread is my question: I know that Mark Clayton is a veteran WR. Although he had a few drops, he was the best WR on the Rams yesterday. We've had other guys in the system way longer than him. He's been here for, what, a week? This is my concern and question. If Clayton can perform like that, why can't the others? It's making me question our WR's talent and understanding of the game. I hate bringing up VJax but it makes you wonder how much of an impact he'd make with this team considering how big Clayton was for us and he just got here...

Thoughts?

P.S. I think we can certainly win some games this season. I would really love to see a win in Oakland obviously but I think this team has potential to come into its own throughout the season. The NFC West, at this point, is wide open.
    if you recall Brandon Gibson had a very impressive debut last year under similar circumstances..in some ways Gibson was more impressive as he had less drops. i do think tho that like with Gibson,Clayton was given (apart from that highlight reel catch down the sideline) catcher friendly plays and with DRC covering Robinson,that left only Toler (sic?) to cover Clayton..do you pass to Robinson against one of the high rising CB`s in the league or to Clayton being covered by a virtually unknown. only really in the end zone did Sam seem to throw towards LR.
    we do definately need a true number 1 down the road..i do think not having a top top wideout will probably cost us a game or two down the road..Clayton had a good debut but he`s just a number 2 or 3 who has the odd game like a number 1...something for the next off-season i`m sure.