RockinRam is offline Registered User

This Is Ridiculous

I am very dissapointed in how the Rams played today. I don't really want to say much. The performance of this team has speaked for itself.

*Run defense sometimes looks good, but other times gives up major critical runs.

*Pass rush is basically non-existent. I don't know why we do not blitz more, our front four can't get ANY pressure whatsoever. Even with blitzing, none of our guys can even touch the quarterback.

*Secondary is getting burned.

*Our O-Line is basically a bunch of big, slow, fat, lazy players that cannot block Bulger.

*Pittman shows no burst. (May be because of the lack of open lanes the o-line makes.)

*We always come into a game making good plays, getting a touchdown or a couple. But then, we slow down and we give up plays.

*We need to start thinking about next years draft. We need to completely rebuild this team. No more excuses.

I am disgusted.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: This Is Ridiculous

Horrible showing today.

Alright Coach Haslett, now you gotta prove you are head coach material, you are no longer going to be given this job it seems. Show us you can coach this team after a butt-kicking.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

What really hurt was that the Cardinals were playing such sloppy ball in the second half and we still lost to them. They looked undisciplined, and we were actually doing a reasonable job of guarding against Boldin and Fitzgerald. I know the 34 points looks bad, but you have to remember there's 7 from the interception return, another 3 from a fumble inside Rams territory (neither of which were the defense's fault), and 7 more from the Wade/Urban play that really should have been an interception (a stroke of luck on their part). There's no excuse for the run game, but ultimately it was a really bad day for the offense that killed our chances in this game.

All around, it was a very disappointing result.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    What really hurt was that the Cardinals were playing such sloppy ball in the second half and we still lost to them. They looked undisciplined, and we were actually doing a reasonable job of guarding against Boldin and Fitzgerald. I know the 34 points looks bad, but you have to remember there's 7 from the interception return, another 3 from a fumble inside Rams territory (neither of which were the defense's fault), and 7 more from the Wade/Urban play that really should have been an interception (a stroke of luck on their part). There's no excuse for the run game, but ultimately it was a really bad day for the offense that killed our chances in this game.

All around, it was a very disappointing result.
    Yeah but still what we saw today was totally uninspired football, the only person I saw play with any passion today was Long(he's going to be great) & Torry Holt towards the end of the game but that was only after he got body slammed (I mean dang does someone have to abuse you to get you into high gear).

I believer it is time to blow this team up, there are just so many problems with this team. Did you see the defense today the front 7 (minus Long) was simply horrible. We look like a college team at times, and that is just unacceptable on this level. I mean goodness even the Kansas City Chiefs play harder and put on a better show than we do weekly and they are one of the youngest teams in the league.

This is just depressing, I'm going to sleep!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Very depressing today. We obviously need to fix both lines. Start the offensive line early in the offseason. Sign one, maybe two top FA O-lines and draft two offensive linemen in the first three rounds. We need to fix that.

Our pass rush situation needs to be fixed too. I don't know. Maybe its that we need a healthy Little and Carriker out there. I don't know what the solution is.

Either way today was a mess and made me realize that we need to fix the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Very depressing today. We obviously need to fix both lines. Start the offensive line early in the offseason. Sign one, maybe two top FA O-lines and draft two offensive linemen in the first three rounds. We need to fix that.

Our pass rush situation needs to be fixed too. I don't know. Maybe its that we need a healthy Little and Carriker out there. I don't know what the solution is.

Either way today was a mess and made me realize that we need to fix the team.

Moose, could you please clarify your reasoning with me? What you're saying is draft an o-lineman in the first round, (Tackle im persuming), and then draft another tackle? Or are you saying draft a guard or center? I know that we can get quality linemen at around rounds 3-4, and as for center we should really pursue Matt Birk next off season.

I think it would be best that we draft an o-lineman in the 1st round, followed by a SS or an MLB.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Moose, could you please clarify your reasoning with me? What you're saying is draft an o-lineman in the first round, (Tackle im persuming), and then draft another tackle? Or are you saying draft a guard or center? I know that we can get quality linemen at around rounds 3-4, and as for center we should really pursue Matt Birk next off season.

I think it would be best that we draft an o-lineman in the 1st round, followed by a SS or an MLB.
    Man, I need to clarify. I am sorry. I used to type the position but lately I've been typing OL rather than Center or Guard.

But I want an offensive Tackle to take Pace or Barron's place. Either way, one of these guys will be gone next year.

We need to pursue someone good int he free agency next year. Maybe two players. Who knows, whatever gets this team rebounded.

Personally, I was always on the idea of drafting Maulauga or Lauranitis in the first round. That will help our defense immediately. Then draft a tackle in round two.

But seeing how bad this line is, we need to work on that.

In the end, I'd say sign two new starters and draft one.............

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Man, I need to clarify. I am sorry. I used to type the position but lately I've been typing OL rather than Center or Guard.

But I want an offensive Tackle to take Pace or Barron's place. Either way, one of these guys will be gone next year.

We need to pursue someone good int he free agency next year. Maybe two players. Who knows, whatever gets this team rebounded.

Personally, I was always on the idea of drafting Maulauga or Lauranitis in the first round. That will help our defense immediately. Then draft a tackle in round two.

But seeing how bad this line is, we need to work on that.

In the end, I'd say sign two new starters and draft one.............

Ah, ok. I've also been thinking about getting Maulauga, I mean that kid excites me everytime I think of him in a Ram's jersey. But now, o-line rebuilding is a much more pressing need now.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Instead of rebuilding the O-line, why not give Greco and Schuening their chance? Let's face it, they can't be any worse than the present incumbents. If they make the grade, we can draft Alex Mack next year (I don't believe that we're going to be picking early enough to get Oher or Monroe) and could start next season with

Pace Bell Mack Schuening Greco

We can add to that via free agency, if necessary.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    Instead of rebuilding the O-line, why not give Greco and Schuening their chance? Let's face it, they can't be any worse than the present incumbents. If they make the grade, we can draft Alex Mack next year (I don't believe that we're going to be picking early enough to get Oher or Monroe) and could start next season with

Pace Bell Mack Schuening Greco

We can add to that via free agency, if necessary.
    I'll second this. At least the part about trying out Greco & Schuening. Let them get some plays out there, it really can't be much worse (can it?). I'd like to see what they've got.