Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

On the road again...Realisticly do we stand a chance @ Seattle?

The majority of you probably have figured out that I am the ULTIMATE OPTIMIST when it comes to our RAMS.

I have to admit I'm a little worn down this season, 0-6 is killing me.

We have played 3 road games this season, losing all 3 handily. 24-3 @ Tampa Bay, 35-7 @ Dallas most recently 22-3 @ Ravens. The key for this Sunday's game is " @ " Seattle.

Realistically do we stand a chance??
    Last edited by laram0; -10-16-2007 at 04:26 PM.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: On the road again...Realisticly do we stand a chance @ Seattle?

Obviously Seattle will be favored, but there is always a chance. This year it seems our luck has all been bad especially when it comes to the referees and injuries. Perhaps Seattle will have a dose of bad luck against us .. who knows? Our defense is steadily improving, and playing with tremendous heart and spirit. A few breaks on offense (if the O-line can keep Marc upright) and we could get our first win. How many people thought the Saints would come in and grab a win? Probably not many. You just never know ...

general counsel is offline Registered User

Sure, its the NFL and we have a chance. But the chances are very very slim for all the same reasons we have been discussing ad nauseum on this board.

Our offensive line play is just terrible, which dramatically limits our options and effectiveness on offense and increases the liklihood of both turnovers and poor red zone performance, let alone the risk of injury to bulger.

To win, we will need a TERRIBLE performance by seattle, which will likely have to include a couple of defensive/special teams tds and a number of seahawks turnovers. Dont hold your breath.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

To win, we will need a TERRIBLE performance by seattle, which will likely have to include a couple of defensive/special teams tds and a number of seahawks turnovers. Dont hold your breath.
    Well, Seattle may just oblige you with this. We have had two horrible outings in two games. We looked horrible against New Orleans...and even worse against Pittsburgh. The Hawks have been playing horrible. Mental mistakes by everyone, mainly the HC and QB. They have looked horrible. Maybe they can get healthy against the Rams...maybe the Rams get healthy against the Hawks. All I know is, every Seahawks/Rams game is real close.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr View Post
    Well, Seattle may just oblige you with this. We have had two horrible outings in two games. We looked horrible against New Orleans...and even worse against Pittsburgh. The Hawks have been playing horrible. Mental mistakes by everyone, mainly the HC and QB. They have looked horrible. Maybe they can get healthy against the Rams...maybe the Rams get healthy against the Hawks. All I know is, every Seahawks/Rams game is real close.

You beat me to it.

Yes, the Rams have a chance. If you've seen the past two Seattle games, you have to believe we do. Plus, if these guys have ANY heart left, this is a divisional game, and you know that if there's ANY hope of staying alive in the division, this game is a MUST WIN. If the guys get up for this, and Bulger plays more like the '06 Marc, and NOT the '07 version, we have a chance. If we don't play give-away, I think we have an excellent chance. Hopefully, Marc's presence will bring back some spark to our offense.

..of course, I'd feel a whole lot better with Jackson, Bruce and Bennett in the lineup.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr View Post
    Maybe they can get healthy against the Rams...maybe the Rams get healthy against the Hawks. All I know is, every Seahawks/Rams game is real close.
    This is true, but I'm not holding my breath. If we could have kept the OL intact last week I think things would be a lot better going into this game, but alas, it looks like we'll be starting ANOTHER different group against the Seahawks.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Watching the Seahawks on Monday night (one of the re-runs I managed to catch) I'd say we have a chance. They looked flat and the Saints stuck it to them in the first half.

But whilst I hope, I don't expect.

RealRam is offline Registered User

:r Yes, we do. GO RAMS!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

You're damn right we do! We are the mothermasking Rams and we can kick ass! This week is as good of a time as any to start our playoff run!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! (don't stop me...I'm on a roll...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Its a matter of first downs...the more the Rams get, the better their chances. Just keeping the Defense on the sidelines to rest helps...scoring some points and giving the defense something to cheer about helps even better.

A bunch of 3 and outs and more idiotic play calling on offense and I say NOT A SNOWBALLS chance. If nothing else, the Hawks can move the ball. Where as if the o-line allows Bulger to become a tackling dumby...its going to be a long day

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

if Bulger is back, and we can stop Peterson getting to him, then i think the rams have a real chance. The Rams D just needs to keep going as it is but the offence needs to score some TDs. We cant really afford for Wilkins to miss FGs as well

majorram is offline Registered User

Its funny I'm not worried bout our D I just hope and pray that the O line keep Bulger of his BUTT..... please if the line has any pride they must keep Bulger up right for us to have a chance......I think the Hawks will come out flying with their last two game efforts SOOOOOO, it wil be an interesting game

Yep i think anything is possible in the NFL and I will be doing my normal praying like hell!! man we just need a win!!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Its a matter of first downs...the more the Rams get, the better their chances. Just keeping the Defense on the sidelines to rest helps...scoring some points and giving the defense something to cheer about helps even better.

A bunch of 3 and outs and more idiotic play calling on offense and I say NOT A SNOWBALLS chance. If nothing else, the Hawks can move the ball. Where as if the o-line allows Bulger to become a tackling dumby...its going to be a long day
    From the files of Captain Obvious...lol.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Playoff run.....you guys make me laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Over the past few years, i think our nemesis has been the Hawks rather than the ******. Last year, both games were fairly close and till now, there is still a sour spot in my mouth left from swallowing my syliva after those Josh Brown FG's. If we can't get our groove on for this matchup then its truely over for us at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast