Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Rob Chudzinksi

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: Rob Chudzinksi

I really can't say anything bad about Chud....I actually like him more and more everyday as a head coach ...

Obvouisly, he would need to bring in a solid defensive coach with him., but if not Fisher this guy is clearly my #2....not even close
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Well lets see, if the interview goes well today. Have him come in for 2nd interview, if that goes well hire him right at the spot. Throw that back at Fishers face, maybe make fisher an offer for the DC position

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Per Rotoworld

ESPN's George Smith reports that the Rams' head-coaching interview with Broncos DC Dennis Allen is taking place early Thursday.

The Rams will also meet Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski later today, and potentially into Friday. Both Allen and Chud are young up-and-comers with head-coaching jobs in their future, regardless of whether it's with the Rams. St. Louis is no longer sitting on its hands waiting for Jeff Fisher.
    Maybe Chudzinski blows them away. What Im hoping for.

Also I don't know who heard but Ricky Proehl during a recent interview called Chudzinski "Martz without the baggage." Translation: He's a brilliant offensive mind.
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -01-12-2012 at 01:01 PM.

panthers55 is offline Registered User

I am wondering why the Rams are looking at guys with virtually no experience even as coordinators. I would think after Spags, the Rams would be looking for guys with a proven record. Obviously Fisher fits the bill but there are lots of guys out there with headcoach experience as well.

If they are determined to bring in an up and coming coordinator then there are plenty of choices. Chud is a very likeable guy and is obviously a very talented X and O kind of guy. But he has a total of 3 years as an OC, 2 good and one was bad. He is also a vertical passing advocate and it seems like you need a WCO to flourish with Bradford.

Jeff Horton at least has head coach experience and is a past Ram coach (which may play for or against him).

If you are looking for defense then Allen at least has headcoach experience in college and certainly has a good pedigree coming from Denver and New Orleans and played in the NFL.

I would think that the FO would want to interview some guys on teams still in the playoffs like Joe Philbin with Green Bay if they are looking at offense. Philbin would bring in the right system and really helped Rodgers develop.

Just wondering why the Rams are not looking for a proven coach if Fisher goes to Miami.

Ban Hammer is offline Registered User

I like the fact that basically every area this guy has coached has been good-great. Three All-American TEs at Miami, then a dynamic total offense when he moved to OC. He coached Gates into an All-Pro guy from a mid-major basketball player, made Derek Anderson into a pro-bowler(!), and worked wonders with Newton this year.

I would prefer a proven guy but if that's not an option, I wouldn't be upset with this choice.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    Im done with fisher honestly i want Rob Chudzinksi right now,stan needs to make a move on him.He has moved past fisher at this point in my book.
    It hasn't even been a week since we talked to him, and it's been 5 days since he visited. haha impatience!!!!!!!!!!!!

panthers55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ban Hammer View Post
    I like the fact that basically every area this guy has coached has been good-great. Three All-American TEs at Miami, then a dynamic total offense when he moved to OC. He coached Gates into an All-Pro guy from a mid-major basketball player, made Derek Anderson into a pro-bowler(!), and worked wonders with Newton this year.

I would prefer a proven guy but if that's not an option, I wouldn't be upset with this choice.
    Chud had one year in Cleveland. The second year Anderson regressed and they were bad enough he got fired. At Miami he was OC for a few years but his specialty is tight ends coach like he was in San Diego. As Panther fans we are resigned to eventually losing Chud to someone but most are surprised he was mentioned so soon. HIs playcalling especially in the second half of games was suspect at times this year and I don't know if he can handle the bigger picture as necessary with the HC position. I think he might be a great hire in a couple years but honestly I don't think he is ready right now.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by panthers55 View Post
    Chud had one year in Cleveland. The second year Anderson regressed and they were bad enough he got fired. At Miami he was OC for a few years but his specialty is tight ends coach like he was in San Diego. As Panther fans we are resigned to eventually losing Chud to someone but most are surprised he was mentioned so soon. HIs playcalling especially in the second half of games was suspect at times this year and I don't know if he can handle the bigger picture as necessary with the HC position. I think he might be a great hire in a couple years but honestly I don't think he is ready right now.
    Check out Anderson's injury history for that season, and you will see why the offense regressed. They had a QB situation like we did this year, that's why the offense spluttered
    THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.

Catalyst is offline Registered User

Panthers fan here...

We're all really hoping Chud sticks around another year at least, but clearly he's going to be moving on sooner rather than later. It's hard to really wrap your head around how much better our offense was under Chud this year than last year before we hired a new coaching staff.

In 2010 we were by far the worst offense in the NFL, ranked 32nd in total offense. This year, after hiring Chud and drafting Cam, we were 7th in total offense.

Obviously Cam had a lot to do with that, but Chud did an outstanding job of designing an offense around Cam that used his strengths and allowed him to use his running ability and strong arm to make plays downfield. I'm really hoping you guys settle on Jeff Fisher because I think we have a legit shot at the playoffs if Chud returns. Either way, he'll be a head coach real soon.

If I were you guys, the only concern I'd have with Chud would be that after his one big year in Cleveland things didn't go so well and he ended up losing his job and coaching TE's in San Diego. Also, there's always the question of whether Cam made Chud or if it was the other way around. Personally, I feel like it was a freakishly talented QB paired with a great offensive mind, but I do like Chud's potential as a head coach.

Also, I'm not surprised Ricky Proehl said that about Chud. Proehl is a WR's coach with us now and all our receivers have lobbied publicly for Chud to stay.
    THOLTFAN81 and 39WillRunYaOva like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
    Panthers fan here...

We're all really hoping Chud sticks around another year at least, but clearly he's going to be moving on sooner rather than later. It's hard to really wrap your head around how much better our offense was under Chud this year than last year before we hired a new coaching staff.

In 2010 we were by far the worst offense in the NFL, ranked 32nd in total offense. This year, after hiring Chud and drafting Cam, we were 7th in total offense.

Obviously Cam had a lot to do with that, but Chud did an outstanding job of designing an offense around Cam that used his strengths and allowed him to use his running ability and strong arm to make plays downfield. I'm really hoping you guys settle on Jeff Fisher because I think we have a legit shot at the playoffs if Chud returns. Either way, he'll be a head coach real soon.

If I were you guys, the only concern I'd have with Chud would be that after his one big year in Cleveland things didn't go so well and he ended up losing his job and coaching TE's in San Diego. Also, there's always the question of whether Cam made Chud or if it was the other way around. Personally, I feel like it was a freakishly talented QB paired with a great offensive mind, but I do like Chud's potential as a head coach.

Also, I'm not surprised Ricky Proehl said that about Chud. Proehl is a WR's coach with us now and all our receivers have lobbied publicly for Chud to stay.
    Thanks for the insight Catalyst. you guys did great this year(not really record wise), but your offense made you a threat. i could see you guys as a playoff contender if the falcons continue there slide.

I want the CHUD!!!!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
    If I were you guys, the only concern I'd have with Chud would be that after his one big year in Cleveland things didn't go so well and he ended up losing his job and coaching TE's in San Diego.
    For me this isn't a concern. Chud didn't lose his job because of his poor performance. He did what he could with what he had. Anderson was injured for most of the preseason with a concussion, but started the season. After the team fell to 3-5 (although four of the losses were against the Cowboys, Steelers and Ravens x2), Anderson was benched in favour of Quinn, who the Browns had invested a high draft pick in the year before. Quinn broke his finger in his second game. Anderson was named as starter, but promptly tore his MCL. This left the Browns to see out the year with Ken Dorsey and Bruce Gradkowski at QB.

After the season, HC Romeo Crennel was fired and the Browns hired Eric Mangini. Mangini bought in all his own staff, including a new OC in Brian Daboll, someone who had been on the same staff as Mangini in New England and New York. So I'm really not worried about the circumstances under which he lost his job in Cleveland.

One thing that is another selling point for me, is the fact Butch Davis might come in as the Defensive Coordinator if Chud comes in

Anybody have links that tell how the interview went yesterday?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12