Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Robert Quinn

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Robert Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Looks like the real deal, but he can get swallowed up in the run game. He needs to get stronger and better in that part of the game, IMHO, before we should get that excited. But he has had a nice rookie season; its nice to know that we can draft people in the first round who aren't busts. Two in a row even!
    That is why Quinn hasn't gotten more playing time. He gets blocked off the ball easily. He needs to have a full offseason to build strength into a real NFL player and to learn how to get leverage and off run blocks against NFL left tackles. Hall is a crafty vet that covers the run better, and given our troubles to stop the run, he was needed.

With Quinn coming on with every game, and learning more and more, now we see him getting in on more plays. If there's one thing that Spags knows, it's defensive linemen. If he thought Quinn needed to come in slowly, I trust him.

I believe!

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Going to be one of the Rams better draft picks of the last ten years, in my opinion.? The amazing thing for me, is the kid hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential yet. He is a bit of a one trick pony at the moment, but once he learns the game. This guy could be scary.? Also, his special teams play is some of the best Iv'e seen, since first watching the NFL. Ive seen more from Quinn this year on ST, than I have from all the Ram players combined in the last ten years.? AWESOME.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    That is why Quinn hasn't gotten more playing time. He gets blocked off the ball easily. He needs to have a full offseason to build strength into a real NFL player and to learn how to get leverage and off run blocks against NFL left tackles. Hall is a crafty vet that covers the run better, and given our troubles to stop the run, he was needed.
    I will agree that Hall is better against the run than Quinn at this point, but with Hall taking the vast majority of snaps prior to yesterday and the Rams' run D being dead-last anyway, what's the real drop-off? Most of the Rams' problems against the run are directly related to poor DT and OLB play. Quinn is a playmaker whenever he's on the field and I would have rather seen him learning the hard way instead of watching Hall struggle. Why lose with veterans who won't be around next year when you have Quinn on the roster right now?
    With Quinn coming on with every game, and learning more and more, now we see him getting in on more plays. If there's one thing that Spags knows, it's defensive linemen.
    That's interesting considering that Spags has never been a DL coach in the NFL. He came from coaching LB's and DB's for years before his two year stint as DC. Right now, the Rams are likely looking at a real need at DT as Robbins look on the downside of his career and will be 35 next year and the other DT position is a revolving door in more ways than one. Rams will be set for years with Long-Quinn but the DT is the same soft spot as it has been for most of the decade.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12