Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Robert Quinn arrested July 10th

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: Robert Quinn arrested July 10th

This isn't the worst thing that can happen to the team, so I won't act like it is. Let's not forget how young Quinn is.

Best thing to do is hope he's learned his lesson and move on.
    MauiRam and VegasRam like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Rams defensive end Robert Quinn is facing a drunken-driving charge after being pulled over in a St. Louis suburb last week.

Florissant police Capt. Tim Lowery says Quinn was involved in a one-car accident on an exit ramp along Interstate 270 at 5:38 a.m. on July 10. Lowery says Quinn was intoxicated and arrested without incident. He posted bond that day and was released.

Quinn is also charged with failure to exercise a high degree of care, and with having no insurance.

The Rams say the team and the league are aware of the case and take it seriously.

Quinn was the Rams' first-round draft pick in 2011, the 14th overall selection out of North Carolina. He was third on the team with five sacks in 2011.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    So if you are a bad driver don't even have one drink I guess...
    It's not about being a bad driver or not...and definitely not about having one drink (unless it's one heck of a drink). It's about being impaired while driving. It is not illegal to drink and then drive, it IS illegal to be impaired or intoxicated and drive (which is exactly how our Jury Instructions in Colorado are presented). That being said, it's pretty easy...if you're going out to dinner and have a drink with dinner, fine. If you're going out to have a few drinks, or going to a party, or anything equivalent or more.... DON'T DRIVE. There are too many available options with much less risk and ultimate cost.

Now that I've had my soap box moment, let's just be happy that something worse didn't happen (I won't beat a dead horse on that one) and hopefully he does learn his lesson and move on. He will definitely be on the radar now. Being on the radar isn't actionable, but any further issues will be which is disappointing in and of itself.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
    It's not about being a bad driver or not...and definitely not about having one drink (unless it's one heck of a drink). It's about being impaired while driving. It is not illegal to drink and then drive, it IS illegal to be impaired or intoxicated and drive (which is exactly how our Jury Instructions in Colorado are presented). That being said, it's pretty easy...if you're going out to dinner and have a drink with dinner, fine. If you're going out to have a few drinks, or going to a party, or anything equivalent or more.... DON'T DRIVE. There are too many available options with much less risk and ultimate cost.

Now that I've had my soap box moment, let's just be happy that something worse didn't happen (I won't beat a dead horse on that one) and hopefully he does learn his lesson and move on. He will definitely be on the radar now. Being on the radar isn't actionable, but any further issues will be which is disappointing in and of itself.
    I agree 100%. I was being real I did not know you could be charged with impaired driving (or driving under the influence) even if you do not meet the blood alcohol concentration levels for legal intoxication. I though you had to blow a .08, never thought if you got pulled over and blew .06 but failed the field test you could get arrested. But then again I don't drink and drive. But as I get older my driving skills are fading as fast as my eye sight.

thermobee is offline Registered User

What makes absolutely no sense to me is how the hell do you not have car insurance?
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

I agree 100%. I was being real I did not know you could be charged with impaired driving (or driving under the influence) even if you do not meet the blood alcohol concentration levels for legal intoxication. I though you had to blow a .08, never thought if you got pulled over and blew .06 but failed the field test you could get arrested. But then again I don't drink and drive. But as I get older my driving skills are fading as fast as my eye sight.
    It varies by state, but I know that here, and in some other states, they do in fact have lesser "intoxication" levels for alcohol related driving offenses. DUI (driving under the influence) is presumptive at .08 and DWAI (driving while ability impaired) is presumptive from .05 to .079. You can also technically be charged for either (DWAI is always a lesser included of DUI) without any chemical test based on roadside test administration or just based on observation. Probably more than you cared to know, but that's really just the cliff's notes version since there is a whole lot to these cases.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    What makes absolutely no sense to me is how the hell do you not have car insurance?
    He probably didn't have proof.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

macrammer is offline Registered User

ok. I am not offfering any excuses. I for one did a few less then intelligent things in my 20's. And in this case, I will go out on a limb and say that Quinn has much more disposable income then I did at his age. He thinks he is invincible and can do whatever he wants. The key for me is where does he go from here. At some point you need to grow up......

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Best thing to do is hope he's learned his lesson and move on.
    Right on.

On the other hand, for me, I cringe and shake my head each time I see an ad or commercial for alcoholic beverages. I curse this culture represented by good looking young people "having fun, enjoying themselves" while drinking and having a ball... smiling, partying, 'feeling cool', dancing. All under the disclaimer "drink responsibly". Bah! Grrrr!

It's an age old habit, sure, but alcohol ... despite being a multi billion dollar industry ... wreaks havoc, it causes so much misery and disgrace inside and outside the world of sports.

Next case of an NFL player arrested for DWI will arrive as certain as the next eartquake. As if a necessary evil. Youth is not necessarily the problem, maturity not necessarily the solution. But earthquakes cannot be avoided.

I like RQuinn -- I feel bad for him and yes, I hope he's learned his lesson.

Last edited by RealRam; -07-19-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: The world of sports

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Chris Mortonson just said on NFL32 that Quinn isn't likely to face anything but a fine from the NFL, for what its worth.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    He probably didn't have proof.
    Lets hope its just that, cause otherwise its just plain stupid.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Hey, at least the first Rams arrest of the new season wasn't Janoris Jenkins. That would have really started things off on this board!
    RealRam likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Rams defensive end Robert Quinn is facing a drunken-driving charge after being pulled over in a St. Louis suburb last week.

Florissant police Capt. Tim Lowery says Quinn was involved in a one-car accident on an exit ramp along Interstate 270 at 5:38 a.m. on July 10. Lowery says Quinn was intoxicated and arrested without incident. He posted bond that day and was released.

Quinn is also charged with failure to exercise a high degree of care, and with having no insurance.
    5:38am, a one car accident on an exit ramp???? Trashed or what?!!!!

Dumbass!
    Bar-bq likes this.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    I'll probably get crucified for this, but the self righteousness on this board is getting to be a bit much.

He' s not a pedophile, rapist or murderer people. He's a 21 year old that made a bad decision, (which obviously no one else on this board has ever done).

Lighten up, and put the rocks down. He hasn't had his day in court yet either. May even have something to do with his tumor.

(I gotta' admit though, AV's post was kinda' funny).
    Rammed likes this.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk247 View Post
    Hey, at least the first Rams arrest of the new season wasn't Janoris Jenkins. That would have really started things off on this board!
    LOL! No doubt! I can just imagine our continued initiation ritual on JJ if it had been him...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast